Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have ANOTHER pre-op appointment tomorrow with my doctor and then she'll look at the newest ultrasound results and determine if she can do the surgery or if she'll need to pass me off to a surgeon who does these things daily and has more experience. She does robotic surgery so she knows her stuff, but the other doctor does it every day.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well it's going to be a long time before I get surgery. I went to my doctor this morning and she said my surgery is too difficult for her and she referred me to a more experienced doctor who does these surgeries every day. She actually used a NAPKIN to write down the name and phone number. Seriously???

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Well it's going to be a long time before I get surgery. I went to my doctor this morning and she said my surgery is too difficult for her and she referred me to a more experienced doctor who does these surgeries every day. She actually used a NAPKIN to write down the name and phone number. Seriously???

Wow a napkin?! Very unprofessional

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am not fond of surgery, but when I had my cataract surgery (eyeball lens implants) It was such an easy procedure (about 15-20 minutes per eye, and I spaced them about 1.5 years), that I told the doctor it was so good I almost wish I had a third eye so we could do it again. He replied that doing these surgeries is what gets him out of bed in the morning. Obviously I had one of the best surgeons for this procedure. Incidently my second cataract surgery was delayed twice, once because of workload at the office, then because of a massive power outage, but I finally got the second eye done on the third try.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow, sounds like she was going to give it a shot and the family emergency got in the way and gave her time to rethink it. Good thing for you. So this is elective surgery?

Oh yes, the insurance thing will now be far worse as you will need to find a good surgeon and still squeeze it in.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I am not fond of surgery, but when I had my cataract surgery (eyeball lens implants) It was such an easy procedure (about 15-20 minutes per eye, and I spaced them about 1.5 years), that I told the doctor it was so good I almost wish I had a third eye so we could do it again. He replied that doing these surgeries is what gets him out of bed in the morning. Obviously I had one of the best surgeons for this procedure. Incidently my second cataract surgery was delayed twice, once because of workload at the office, then because of a massive power outage, but I finally got the second eye done on the third try.

That's great you had an excellent surgeon and the experience was favorable! I've had previous surgeries for cancer and the doctor was amazing and extremely meticulous. To this day he's so proud of his work on my tongue :D LOL I had part of my tongue removed due to cancer and even though there is a slight curve to it now, it takes a trained eye to tell that part of it was removed.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Maybe you had a lucky escape. Would she have used a spoon to do the surgery? You just never know, but when you see something as unprofessional as this you have to wonder what other corners get cut when you're not looking.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Maybe you had a lucky escape. Would she have used a spoon to do the surgery? You just never know, but when you see something as unprofessional as this you have to wonder what other corners get cut when you're not looking.

You sound like my sister-in-law who said the doctor would use fishing line to stitch me up with! LOL

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You sound like my sister-in-law who said the doctor would use fishing line to stitch me up with! LOL

Have your sister-in-law and I ever been seen in the same place at the same time?

Just saying..... :)

ETA: I'd have made comments about string and tape rather than fishing line but, you know....

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Why will it take a long time before you get the surgery? Is the doctor she referred you to not available for a while or...?

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Grapefruit spoon no less. :giggle:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Why will it take a long time before you get the surgery? Is the doctor she referred you to not available for a while or...?

Because of covid shut downs there are tons of people waiting to get surgeries that they couldn't get and they are in line way ahead of me. The doctors are busy until January and February and the hospital, well, I'm not even sure where they're at with scheduling the robotic surgical rooms. I think our politicians in the US need to realize that the pandemic part of covid is over and to stop with their nonsense. We now have people going in droves to the Emergency Rooms across the country because they allowed other illnesses to not be checked out because of fear of contracting covid at the doctor's office or hospitals.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Because of covid shut downs there are tons of people waiting to get surgeries that they couldn't get and they are in line way ahead of me. The doctors are busy until January and February and the hospital, well, I'm not even sure where they're at with scheduling the robotic surgical rooms. I think our politicians in the US need to realize that the pandemic part of covid is over and to stop with their nonsense. We now have people going in droves to the Emergency Rooms across the country because they allowed other illnesses to not be checked out because of fear of contracting covid at the doctor's office or hospitals.

There is no problem so bad that government can't make it worse.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hope you can get it soon Lamm

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I finally had my surgery on March 14. Because of the long wait (2 years ago I asked for this surgery), the non-cancerous tumor inside me had grown to 16cm and was molding itself around some delicate parts so instead of laparoscopic, I had to be cut open.

It was a very difficult surgery that was done by 2 expert surgeons and 3 resident doctors assisting. I'm thankful that I'm okay, but I'm healing very slowly and it's a lot harder on me than I'd like to admit.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I finally had my surgery on March 14. Because of the long wait (2 years ago I asked for this surgery), the non-cancerous tumor inside me had grown to 16cm and was molding itself around some delicate parts so instead of laparoscopic, I had to be cut open.

It was a very difficult surgery that was done by 2 expert surgeons and 3 resident doctors assisting. I'm thankful that I'm okay, but I'm healing very slowly and it's a lot harder on me than I'd like to admit.

I rejoice that all went well...
I pray for a swift and complete healing...

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I’m glad you finally had the surgery and all went well. The only two surgeries I’ve had that were concerning for me was a complete hysterectomy for possible cancer (it turns out it wasn’t cancer), by an gynecological oncologist and a basal cell carcinoma removed from my cheek by a dermatological surgeon.

Top Bottom