Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Often we hear that God made someone for everyone. And nobody ends up alone. No matter how bad the days they have in this world. I wonder how true is this? I have lived both solo, with family and friends and also as traveler. I hear this a lot. And yet to find out the real gist behind it.

What do you think about this saying from both christian perspective and also from everyday world routine context?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Often we hear that God made someone for everyone. And nobody ends up alone.
I have heard this before, that's right. However, I don't recall it being connected to any Christian doctrine, Bible passage, or the like. It's more of a popular saying, isn't it? Like "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" or "When it rains, it pours."

MOJS4545

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think for some minority of people God may call them to a single life, but for most of us I think that is not the case.

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If God makes a promise, I am sure He would have included it in the scriptures. There is no such promise found anywhere in scripture so no one should hold God accountable to a promise He never made in the first place which is an error many make. I'd say the statement that there is someone for everyone is wishful thinking born out of a secular society that is me centered rather than God centered. Perhaps the reason you are single is because God's plan to bring glory to his name through you in this stage of your life requires you to remain single in order for it to come to pass? It's not to say that has to be the case but there is also nothing that says that can't be the case either.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Often we hear that God made someone for everyone. And nobody ends up alone. No matter how bad the days they have in this world. I wonder how true is this? I have lived both solo, with family and friends and also as traveler. I hear this a lot. And yet to find out the real gist behind it.

What do you think about this saying from both christian perspective and also from everyday world routine context?

I'm not sure there is a Christian perspective, but the fact that there are more boys born than girls (even before gender selection and abortion became a thing), I'd say God's natural order is that there is not someone for everyone at birth. But the issue is so much bigger than that, not accounting for life situations, which leaves more women than men by their 60's. There are a lot of single people out there who don't want to be single, people who are single by death of a loved one, divorce, disability, etc.

I've never believed that God has one person chosen for you, because what if that person decides not to obey God's choice? It leaves you alone, them married to the wrong person, and the person THAT person is supposed to be with, with the wrong person, and so on.

Instead, I believe that we can choose, just as Adam and Eve could choose anything to eat from the Garden except from one tree. There is the guideline. What is the guiding principle for being with someone? They must be of the faith. (Personally, I also say they must be of quality character and bear fruit, because the Bible talks about being virtuous and being of one in spirit.) Being of the faith is tricky for "nobody ends up alone" because there are many more women who identify as Christians than men, and that leaves a lot of women alone.

Link to the complexities of world population: https://ourworldindata.org/gender-ratio

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Often we hear that God made someone for everyone.

I think I have heard that comment somewhere.... but God never said it.

People CERTAINLY may choose to remain single. The Bible IMO affirms this ability. Of course, they are not to commit adultery. Of course, if one so chooses, then they should not go "pur me, pur me" it's simply their choice.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm not sure there is a Christian perspective, but the fact that there are more boys born than girls (even before gender selection and abortion became a thing),

I recall learning that in high school.... The reason the teacher theorized is because it's also true that more boys and girls die in childhood (from disease, etc.) and that more boys than girls die in youth (often from trama) by by the time one might reach marriage, the numbers are equal. And (we were told) that's the case in poor countries where modern science doesn't exist.

This is being impacted by abortion since one of the reasons mothers give for "terminating" the life of their baby is because the child is a girl. Boys in many societies are preferred. In my former job, I worked with a young man from China who mentioned that since the "one couple, one child" rule, boys way over number girls. Women are killing their girls.... so that their one child will be a boy according to my friend, Li. He was preceeded by 3 girls - all killed by abortion. After he was born, his mother underwent a proceedure so she could not conceive. One child, a boy. Abortion used to kill girls.

Top Bottom