... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I'm trying to say that I'm experiencing the way He does things in my life and I don't like it. I'm also trying to say that I find myself able to imagine ways in which things could be done differently. Putting the two together, I guess you could come to that conclusion, yes.

You wouldn't be the only one who thinks something about life might be different. I'd hazard a guess that many, if not most, people have imagined ways they think things might be better. The big question is whether you're willing to accept that God knows best. It sounds trite to put it that way and it's not necessarily an easy thing to do - it's one of those things that's always so much easier when it's someone else who has to do the trusting and the waiting.

In Habakkuk (I forget the exact reference, I don't have my Bible to hand) there's a verse towards the end that essentially says "even though everything has gone south, still I will trust in God". The prophet is stressing that his trust in God isn't conditional on things going well and even when there seems to be nothing going right he will still hold on to his faith.

I don't know enough about the story of lucifer to make any speculations about what his issue was, but I like to think that asking questions about why he was suffering was not the reason why he angered God.

The underlying issue isn't recorded, so the chances are it doesn't matter. What matters is that Lucifer wanted the top spot, to be above the throne of God, and ended up cast down with nothing.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I endure the consequences of his sin despite the fact that God could have fixed those consequences before Adam could have had children, thus preventing any other being besides those who sinned to suffer the consequences of their ancestors' sins.

And no, according to Scripture, I don't seem to be able to have eternal life (instead of separation from God) because I'm angry at Him and unable to find the sacrifice of Jesus coherent and, therefore, unable to believe in it.

It wasn't part of God's plan to do it at that time...look at this verse:

Galatians 4:4-6
But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.[b] 6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba,[c] Father.” 7 So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.

Angelina1239

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm interested in peoples experience of being changed by their faith... does that happen?
I've heard of people turning their life around, but is it a common experience that your personality or character is changed or developed after you believe?
Maybe an ongoing process?
Is there an ongoing development of character?
An overcoming of distortions in the character of a person, growing through the effects of abuse?

Is Jesus a psychotherapist for some people?

(If you have a story, please share)
Hi,
Yes you should become changed from the inside. We become a new creature in Christ, freed from the shackles that hold us in sin. An extraordinary peace comes and you just know you are never alone in your troubles. The scriptures open up and understanding is the gift of the holy spirit.

Top Bottom