Is The Little Mermaid demonic?

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
That's fair. But it also means you didn't have any answers since what you gave me there didn't have anything to do with "Baptisms in the Holy Spirit" or, in some of the cases, with the Holy Spirit at all.

Yes, he does say that; but you understand that this isn't the "Baptism with the Holy Spirit" which was what I asked about.

The question was about Jesus HIMSELF having been baptized with the Holy Spirit, NOT Jesus baptizing others.

And, as concerns your follow-up with additional Bible quotes, the same fact applies. Being "baptized with the Holy Spirit" has a particular meaning and you used it that way when you started talking about the matter. However, these verses you've referred to in post #78 refer to Jesus and the Holy Spirit in just about every way possible NOT including Jesus receiving the "Baptism in (or with) the Holy Spirit."

That said, it looks like we've used up that issue. ;)
Oh I looked it up. I have no idea what the difference is between filled and baptized. I only meant to say that Jesus had the Spirit and blew on them, that He was filled, anointed, baptized whatever. God is One, Father, Son, Holy Spirit then on earth in one body, working together, perfect example of how to see the Trinity if you ask me. Better than the 3 leaf clover.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Had no idea. I Googled what the difference was.

1. The baptism with the Spirit occurs at the moment of salvation. Every believer is baptized with the Holy Spirit. However, it is possible for believers not to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
  2. The baptism with the Holy Spirit occurs only once, while the filling of the Spirit occurs many times.
  3. The baptism with the Holy Spirit sets the stage for filling of the Spirit. The believer directly experiences the filling of the Spirit but the believer does not directly experience the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

Yeah if that is what baptism means Jesus was not baptized in the Holy Spirit when He got baptized in water. He is God. He didn't need to get saved.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
The Old Testament saints who had already died?
The O.T. saints got raised with Him and went to heaven. The disciples got reborn in John 20:22, when He breathed on them after the resurrection.

John 20:22
"22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:"
The context of this passage is the time between the resurrection and the ascension of Jesus. Here Jesus breathes on His apostles, they RECEIVE the Holy Spirit (that is, they are "born-again", i.e. "saved") and the Holy Spirit come to live in the heart of the believer. However, the baptism in the Holy Spirit , where the Holy Spirit comes upon the believer, occurs on Pentecost, 50 days later.
B. Read Luke 24:49
"And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed (endued) with POWER from on high."

C. Read Acts 1:5
"for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many many days from now."

Acts 8:5 "And Philip went down to the city of Samaria and began proclaiming CHRIST to them."
Acts 8:8
"And there was much JOY in that city."
Acts 8:12
"But when they BELIEVED Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike."
They were preaching the message of Jesus and His offer of Salvation. They also accepted the message and signs which Philip brought, thus they were "born-again".
D. This is just what Jesus said in Mark 16:15 and 16 "And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
He who has BELIEF and has been BAPTIZED shall be SAVED; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned."
At this point the people of Samaria are born-again, but nothing has been said, one way or the other, about BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT.
E. Read Acts 8:14 through 17
"Now when the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they SENT them Peter and John, who came down and prayed for them, that they might RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST.

For He (The Holy Ghost) had not yet FALLEN UPON ANY of them; they had simply been baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus.
Then they began laying their hands on them , and they RECEIVED the Holy Spirit."

Thus, we see that the people of Samaria first were born-again, then baptized in the Holy Spirit later; this is just what we saw with the apostles themselves.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The O.T. saints got raised with Him and went to heaven.
After the Crucifixion, that is.

At the time they died, hundreds of years prior to that, they were not allowed to go to heaven.

That's the point of the Incarnation, Death, and Resurrection of the Son of God, our Savior, that humanity would become eligible for heaven. In the meanwhile, the "greats" of the Old Testament were in Abraham's Bosom, not heaven. I seem to recall you making the same point at some time in the past.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
If he didn't die then we wouldn't have authority to cast out demons?

That continues to raise more questions. Luke 10:19 was spoken before Jesus' crucifixion, to give just one example. It's just another strike against dominionism and things that look like dominionism even if they don't explicitly use that word.
Before the resurrection the disciples already got power to heal the sick and kick out demons from Jesus and the O.T. saints had the Spirit and healed the sick. Even Judas got power from Jesus to heal the sick. He sent them all out. But that was only for then in Judas' case, cause Judas didn't get saved, reborn, didn't die with Christ, so later he had no authority over satan. If one choses to follow satan, satan has authority over the sinner and that's why he's the god of this world. He can use those who follow him and let em start wars. Now God has the ultimate authority and He can end it all and come back, but He waits for the harvest and that's why I say: God can't just do here what He wants. He always works together with people who follow Him.

Top Bottom