Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
So when I've had my suicidal depression years ago, I've had some Christian thoughts on life itself myself : Life is purgatory. Like "life sucks and life is hell" and I thought I've had to die to go to heaven. But I'm not Christian by any means, I've just thought I'd be relieved from my suffering and pain in life and hopelessness, despair and misery by dying and since I haven't committed any sins, I'd go to heaven and finally be at peace with myself and life itself.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Aw, Naiwen, I know you're receiving treatment and I hope you bring up these thoughts with the professionals. It's true that we face hardships here in life but suicide is not the answer.

How do you feel when Christians say they'll pray for you? Does that bring any comfort?

As for heaven, God brings those who have faith in Him to be with Him for all eternity. What things do you know about God, the cross and forgiveness?

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Aw, Naiwen, I know you're receiving treatment and I hope you bring up these thoughts with the professionals. It's true that we face hardships here in life but suicide is not the answer.

How do you feel when Christians say they'll pray for you? Does that bring any comfort?

As for heaven, God brings those who have faith in Him to be with Him for all eternity. What things do you know about God, the cross and forgiveness?
I feel comforted and less alone in my despair. Nothing much, TBH!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I feel comforted and less alone in my despair. Nothing much, TBH!

I will pray for you this week then :)

I wanted to address something you wrote in the OP about not committing any sins. We all have sinned and fall short but Jesus died on the cross for those sins you aren't even aware you've committed :)

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
I will pray for you this week then :)

I wanted to address something you wrote in the OP about not committing any sins. We all have sinned and fall short but Jesus died on the cross for those sins you aren't even aware you've committed :)
I feel better currently in life, enjoying my favourite Asian actress, @Lämmchen. I'm poor, yet not materialistic.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, if you ever have any questions about Jesus or Christianity, you know the place to come to :)

Angelina1239

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So when I've had my suicidal depression years ago, I've had some Christian thoughts on life itself myself : Life is purgatory. Like "life sucks and life is hell" and I thought I've had to die to go to heaven. But I'm not Christian by any means, I've just thought I'd be relieved from my suffering and pain in life and hopelessness, despair and misery by dying and since I haven't committed any sins, I'd go to heaven and finally be at peace with myself and life itself.
Hi,
I do understand your feelings.

However, not one of us is sinless. So in prayer I ask daily for forgiveness and help to bring forgiving. Then I ask for strength for today. This brings me peace no matter what else is going on.

Top Bottom