NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Nor does the WORD OF GOD:
  • [Exo 12:40-41 NASB20] 40 Now the time that the sons of Israel had lived in Egypt was 430 years. 41 And at the end of 430 years, on this very day, all the multitudes of the LORD departed from the land of Egypt.
  • [LXX] 12:40 ἡ δὲ κατοίκησις τῶν υἱῶν Ισραηλ ἣν κατῴκησαν ἐν γῇ Αἰγύπτῳ καὶ ἐνγῇ Χανααν ἔτη τετρακόσια τριάκοντα
  • [LXX] 12:41 καὶ ἐγένετο μετὰ τὰ τετρακόσια τριάκοντα ἔτη ἐξῆλθεν πᾶσα ἡδύναμις κυρίου ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου

• [Gal 3:17 NASB20] 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came 430 years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.
  • [TR] 3:17 τοῦτο δὲ λέγω· διαθήκην προκεκυρωμένην ὑπὸ τοῦ θεοῦ εἰς Χριστὸν ὁμετὰ ἔτη τετρακόσια καὶ τριάκοντα γεγονὼς νόμος οὐκ ἀκυροῖ εἰς τὸκαταργῆσαι τὴν ἐπαγγελίαν

Did you pay attention to Galatians 3:17? Go back and read it again. It says 430 years after Abraham receiving the promise. Take at least 2 seconds to think about that. Go back and look at the math I presented. Abraham received the promise when he entered Canaan. Are you even listening?

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Did you pay attention to Galatians 3:17? Go back and read it again. It says 430 years after Abraham receiving the promise. Take at least 2 seconds to think about that. Go back and look at the math I presented. Abraham received the promise when he entered Canaan. Are you even listening?
¿Qué estás tratando de decir?

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
¿Qué estás tratando de decir?

Wow. You know both Greek and Spanish. I’m impressed.

Look at Exodus 12:40 in the Greek Septuagint. Notice how the 430 years applies to both Egypt and Canaan. Just like Paul said.

5de1343f52b9c4df4e4209a84ead28f2.jpg

“Αἰγύπτῳ καὶ ἐν γῇ Χαναάν” means “Egypt AND Canaan.

Paul said in Galatians 3:17 that the 430 years starts with Abraham receiving the promise, which is when he arrived in Canaan.

Paul is agreeing with the Greek Septuagint.

“Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ. And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.”
-Galatians 3:16-17 (NKJV)

Abraham was 75 when he entered Canaan. That’s when God gave the promise concerning his seed:

“So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came. And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land. And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.”
-Genesis 12:4-7 (KJV)

The 430 years STARTS COUNTING when Abraham is 75.

Last edited:

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Deleted.

Last edited:

SetFree

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Yes
Exodus says 430 years. But when I add up the ages, there’s not enough to equal 430. Then in other places it says 400.
I’m confused.
Any ideas?
Gen 15:16
16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
KJV

The time when God visited the Amorites for that was in the days of Joshua who led the children of Israel into the lands of Canaan. And the children of Israel were in the wilderness for 40 years, so add that on top of that verse... if a generation then was, how long?

Top Bottom