Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Holding my tummy in gives me a look that i am straight and the shape of my body looks good. But is it good or bad, good that i look better doing that but what happens inside really?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Guys with a "ponch" may try to suck it in when a cute girl walks by..... May work. But the problem is, eventually he's gotta breathe.

In his defense, getting that flat tummy with the nice abs.... omg..... it's hard. Been there/done that. It starts with having like NO FAT on your body (fat just covers the abs) and those are just hard areas to work. And after all that work, the "pay off" may not be so great unless he's an idiot like Justin Bieber was when he was a teen, taking his shirt off constantly for no reason at all (downright laughable).

And.... young guys..... she's NOT so focused on your tummy as she is on your heart, attitude and words. Just saying.

NerdGirl123

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Yes
There's certainly nothing damaging to your body by sucking in your gut. It's actually a decent little workout for your muscles. Just make sure you keep breathing, like Josiah says, lol. It's far more beneficial to do some regular abdominal workouts, if you really want to tone that area. And I've certainly never been the least bit concerned with whether a guy has "abs" or not, when it comes to attraction or dating.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry all, this has nothing to do with a girl. It is actually about me, tucking my tummy in gives me a confident look and i am not doing it to attract others.

Maybe few times a day so that it becomes a practice and helps me avoid hunch back.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry all, this has nothing to do with a girl. It is actually about me, tucking my tummy in gives me a confident look and i am not doing it to attract others.

Maybe few times a day so that it becomes a practice and helps me avoid hunch back.

It helps your muscles as long as you aren't doing it to where it's too painful. I mean, think about when people do planking, they're holding in their stomachs to tighten their core!

NerdGirl123

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Yes

Sure, I do it all the time, while lifting my chest and pulling my shoulders back, to remind myself to be straight and have good posture. :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Lately I have more to suck in than usual.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
And.... young guys..... she's NOT so focused on your tummy as she is on your heart, attitude and words. Just saying.

Truth is that she might be more focused on your physique than your heart and attitude, but if she is then she's not worth the effort.

In fairness the same advice works the other way round as well... young girls - that guy might be more interested in your body than your personality and he isn't worth it either.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
@tango that is an awesome advice to Singles like us

Top Bottom