Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A friend of mine on Facebook went off on a tirade recently about President Trump saying that the guy was going to hell. This friend is a strong Democrat and has always been a Trump basher from day 1 and spouts off constantly, believing ever article online whether it's filled with truth or half-truths, he mimics their wording. His latest status posting though annoyed me so much since he hates when people belittle him for who he is yet doesn't see the hypocrisy when he belittles others in his posts.

So yesterday I had enough and informed him that it wasn't up to him whether someone went to jail or not just because he didn't like who he was and what he did. We can't judge on whether someone is hell bound.

There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference on warning someone who is sinning and letting them know it could lead to hell compared to saying, Oh, he's sinning so he is definitely going to hell. We can't know that. Only God knows who has faith in the Savior.

No matter how bad someone else's sins appear to us, we have no idea how God is working in that person's life.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I try not to put myself in a place where I am judging others. I have enough of my own faults

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I try not to put myself in a place where I am judging others. I have enough of my own faults

Then you agree that we can't directly say someone is going to hell even though we can warn people that sinful actions could turn them from faith and make them hellbound?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A friend of mine on Facebook went off on a tirade recently about President Trump saying that the guy was going to hell. This friend is a strong Democrat and has always been a Trump basher from day 1 and spouts off constantly, believing ever article online whether it's filled with truth or half-truths, he mimics their wording. His latest status posting though annoyed me so much since he hates when people belittle him for who he is yet doesn't see the hypocrisy when he belittles others in his posts.

So yesterday I had enough and informed him that it wasn't up to him whether someone went to jail or not just because he didn't like who he was and what he did. We can't judge on whether someone is hell bound.

There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference on warning someone who is sinning and letting them know it could lead to hell compared to saying, Oh, he's sinning so he is definitely going to hell. We can't know that. Only God knows who has faith in the Savior.

No matter how bad someone else's sins appear to us, we have no idea how God is working in that person's life.

Often it's easy to tell when someone has no argument.....,

What seems clear to me is that some liberals have an intense, obsessive, personal HATRED of Donald Trump. And that's what seems to motivate and direct them. It is clear it's not so much about their disagreement with his economic actions (remember, the Democrats mantra is "It's the economy, stupid!") but rather this intense personal hatred. Kind of amazing. And I suspect it will not go away after he wins re-election; we have this to look forward to for 4 more years and probably forever.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Then you agree that we can't directly say someone is going to hell even though we can warn people that sinful actions could turn them from faith and make them hellbound?
No, you never know. The person could be saved before they die. We really can't judge.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

If a man receives the mark.
Yes,
Their reward is likened to blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
Along with those who pray for their supposed oppressor.

All alike will be destroyed.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No, you never know. The person could be saved before they die. We really can't judge.
Who is the we that cannot judge?

Ole sh'aul was quite specific about judging.

Along with his Education about judges. I recall something about judges to live amongst their brethren so that they will understand and accommodate the needs of the poor.

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Christians excusing Trump as "the woman in adultery (the stoning episode)" - wouldn't do the same - if it were a Democrat!

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I always respect whoever's in office

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yes, really, I respect the people's vote, disrespecting it divides people.. If Hillary were to have gotten in I wouldn't have thrown a fit over it, I wouldn't say "she is not my president"

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Who is the we that cannot judge?

Ole sh'aul was quite specific about judging.

Along with his Education about judges. I recall something about judges to live amongst their brethren so that they will understand and accommodate the needs of the poor.
That isn't what we were talking about. Go back and read previous posts

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--- Mark Twain

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--- Mark Twain

Wrong thread?

Spikey

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes
Who are we to judge? Only God can judge. It's our job to show His love to others.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Judging actions and whether or not someone is preaching false theology is not the same as judging to go to hell.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Judging actions and whether or not someone is preaching false theology is not the same as judging to go to hell.
Well said sis.
Thankyou..

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Christians excusing Trump as "the woman in adultery (the stoning episode)" - wouldn't do the same - if it were a Democrat!
A woman caught in adultery according to whom?
If a person has the Torah written on their heart they would know that that man is as guilty as the woman.?

The enemy will accuse you of what they have done.

Top Bottom