Have you ever told God that you were angry at Him?

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Theist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Have you ever told God during prayer that you were angry at Him? How did you phrase it? Did you use respectful words or did you pour out your emotions in violent ways?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh, yes!! When I got my first cancer, I was really upset with Him because things always seemed to go well for me throughout my life. I see how having cancer changed the lives of people around me, and the medical personnel were aware that I was a Christian, so in a way, that was like a light shining in the darkness for them. Not that I would have chosen to have cancer to help them, because no thanks to that, but it was part of God's plan to allow it to happen. I'm fine now though and I'm thankful it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think we need to get angry at times. It is part of wrestling with God, no?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you ever told God during prayer that you were angry at Him? How did you phrase it? Did you use respectful words or did you pour out your emotions in violent ways?

I wouldn't normally post quite so bluntly but, since you asked, there have been times when my prayer (if it can even be called that) has been little more than "f--- you God, I'm done with this". There have been a few times when I really haven't been sure that my faith would survive at all.

If we believe God knows what we're going to say before we even say it, we have to accept that even if we do dress up our anger and our pain in fancy words God knows what we're thinking anyway. On that basis it seems we might as well be honest about it.

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I think we need to get angry at times. It is part of wrestling with God, no?
I don't think that is so much that you need to be angry but rather you need to be honest and if angry is honestly how you feel at the moment then so be it. Without honesty, a relationship of any kind can't go anywhere. If anything, being angry with God isn't the worst condition you can be in as it is being apathetic towards God is when you really have a problem.

Top Bottom