Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I've been watching Christmas shows on tv for a couple weeks now and I'm sure I've gone through all the popular ones out there already. There used to be so many more but now it's the same old same old. Which was your favorite Christmas show? Was it animated or with real people?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No one has a favorite Christmas show/movie/cartoon?

I used to love Rudolph when I was growing up but quickly switched over to A Charlie Brown Christmas. I really wasn't much of a fan of the Grinch but I liked the song in it.

This year I've been trying to catch some of the old Black and White Christmas movies and some are good but a lot are really bad. Poor acting, poor plot, bad ending.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No one has a favorite Christmas show/movie/cartoon?
I used to, but ever since I started seeking God, the ones that I can recall having liked when I was younger seem sinful to me now, so I guess that I don't have any. Even "A Christmas Carol" seems sinful to me nowadays because ghosts (Marley's ghost) don't exist. Ghosts are demons masquerading as the souls of deceased humans.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I used to, but ever since I started seeking God, the ones that I can recall having liked when I was younger seem sinful to me now, so I guess that I don't have any. Even "A Christmas Carol" seems sinful to me nowadays because ghosts (Marley's ghost) don't exist. Ghosts are demons masquerading as the souls of deceased humans.

Have you seen A Charlie Brown Christmas? Here, watch Linus' speech:

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Have you seen A Charlie Brown Christmas? Here, watch Linus' speech:

See that face right there?

Untitled.jpg

That's the face of "I'm just as, if not more confused than before". That was pretty much how I reacted to the explanation.

2 years of seeking God, frequent Bible reading and (almost) daily prayer, but I'm just as confused about Christianity as I was when I started.

Thanks for sharing the clip. I've never watched the Charlie Brown cartoons. I know that they are popular on the internet, but they never really caught my interest.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
See that face right there?

View attachment 1304

That's the face of "I'm just as, if not more confused than before". That was pretty much how I reacted to the explanation.

2 years of seeking God, frequent Bible reading and (almost) daily prayer, but I'm just as confused about Christianity as I was when I started.

Thanks for sharing the clip. I've never watched the Charlie Brown cartoons. I know that they are popular on the internet, but they never really caught my interest.

Jesus was born to die for us so that our sins could be forgiven.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Jesus was born to die for us so that our sins could be forgiven.
Yeah, I know what Protestants believe. However, I find the inability or unwillingness to offer forgiveness without receiving a sacrifice in exchange to be incompatible with the character of God, as He is revealed through Jesus. There's something that makes me uncomfortable about the Penal Substitution atonement theory and I don't know how to come to accept this theory as true.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A Charlie Brown Christmas.... Absolutely love it (and it's been a part of my Christmas for longer than I can remember)...

Always amazes me how many "Christmas" movies have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Christ....

Rene Loup

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Before getting rid of this movie, Santa's Slay (2005).

Bill Goldberg plays as Santa Claus, a demon who lost a bet with an angel and had to be the Santa Claus we all knew for the next thousand years. After that thousand years was up, Santa then starts going around on a murder spree.

When I first found this at a video store, I thought it was an honest attempt at a horror film featuring Santa Claus. After watching it though, it turned out to be more of a dark comedy B-film. Even if I no longer watch this movie anymore, it still has one of my favourite quotes in life:

"The best things in life are the most practical."

Top Bottom