Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Have you heard people asking Where is God during a crisis? How do you explain to them that God is still around even when the world seems to be falling down around us?

jsimms435

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I remember a reporter asking that of Dr. Meredith when there was a shooting at Wedgwood Baptist church back in the 90's. He said that God is still on his throne. The evidence that God cares about us is that he sent his son to die for us and pay for our sins and rescue us from hell.

Andrew

Site Mentor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I remember a reporter asking that of Dr. Meredith when there was a shooting at Wedgwood Baptist church back in the 90's. He said that God is still on his throne. The evidence that God cares about us is that he sent his son to die for us and pay for our sins and rescue us from hell.
Amen

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Where is God? He is "near to the brokenhearted" (Psalm 34:18a) - it is up to us to seek him in our brokenness. When we seek, we find. People who have to ask where he is, maybe have not sought? I wouldn't say that to someone who asks where he is, though. Instead, point them towards him, encourage the seeking...

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you heard people asking Where is God during a crisis? How do you explain to them that God is still around even when the world seems to be falling down around us?
I think it's important to remember that God uses us to do his work. Most of the miracles described throughout Scripture involve God using man to achieve something. When the world is falling apart around us we have more of a chance to step into the gaps and "do unto the least of these", showing God's love to those who are struggling.

Top Bottom