Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
How often do you confess your sins such as privately to a pastor or in the liturgy at church?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Liturgically in church - at every worship service. Privately to a pastor - only twice since I changed from Catholic to Lutheran. And that's not good.... I NEED to pray earnestly about that.

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I grew up Non-Denominational Christian. Confession of sins was not something that was discussed much, if ever.

I ended up blogging. I became aware that I needed to confess my sins in a process of Sanctification. I confessed my sins publicly, in ways that would not create more problems. I don't know that is the best way. It may be a way.

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Theology -

Atomism - A belief that society is made up of a collection of self-interested and largely self-sufficient individuals or atoms, rather than social groups. (Liberal Belief on Society)

Organicism - A belief that society operates like an organism or living entity, the whole being more than a collection of its individual parts. (Conservative View on Society.)

(“Political Ideologies An Introduction” Third Edition by Andrew Heywood.)

There is a lot to unpack here. The Body of Christ is a society. The Body of Christ is a community. A Roman, who was a pagan, converting to Christianity from Pagan Roman Society, that is different than a Christian growing up in a Christian society, or a society that was supposed to be Christian.

The Body of Christ is a society. Sin is like a wound. Wounds fester. This could be that a man who was a Christian sinned, and something in him was festering because he needed to confess something. This could be a man sinned in the Body of Christ, society, and created conflict and wounds.

If someone grew up Christian, and he went to public school, and was a bully, he may have been a bad ambassador for God. He may need to confess that sin, and more so, he may need to ask forgiveness from the person he sinned against. Given a man was in sexual sins, he may need to go to those women, and ask their forgiveness for leading them astray.

God's plan is God's Kingdom. God's Kingdom is everywhere someone accepts Jesus' Kingship. Building the Kingdom of God, someone may need to be healing conflicts in The Body of Christ. A lot of people have been in sin.

Sanctification - To Be Made Holy and Separate.

In process of sanctification, a man may have been cleaning his honor so that no one could speak against him.

I ended up sort of like a Pinata. God would remind me of somethings I did, that needed resolved, one at a time. I would work through them with God's Holy Spirit.

Top Bottom