Christian Mysticism

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
In 2013, I was a pretty regular man. I was a US Veteran. I was a certified teacher. I was a life long Christian, but I hadn't been the best Christian. I was a regular man, and suddenly I received a calling from God around the age of 30. (Luke 3:23) I rolled with what God gave me. I ended up in a lot of spiritual warfare. (2 Corinthians 10:5) Engaging in Spiritual Warfare, through God, I discovered Christian Mysticism, and "Other Mysticism." There has been a lot of confusion on what Mysticism is. Lets shed some light on the topic.

For this people’s heart has grown callous; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn, and I would heal them.’ But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.
For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it. (Matthew 13:15-17)

Given someone is experiencing God, with a circumcision of the heart, and eyes to see and ears to hear, like in the Book of Revelations....those with ears to hear, you are in a mysticism. Christian Mysticism is experiencing God, in a personal relationship with God. A lot of people may have had some stumbling blocks, some barriers, that were keeping them from growing "More in Faith." Faith is a journey.

Lets start here. Maybe, you pray about it, and receive some answer from God.

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Have you ever heard the song "Heart of Stone" by the Rolling Stones? Internet search "Heart of Stone and theology." What do you find? Heart of Stone would be a major theological concept. A Heart of Stone runs counter to a Circumcision of the Heart. Someone like Mick Jagger was in Kabbalah, a Jewish Mysticism for people who rejected Jesus Christ, in Kabbalah with people like Madonna.
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26)

A man is seeking God with all his heart and soul and strength and mind. One of the ways we love God is by Doing. Being Doers of The Word. God's plan is God's Kingdom. A man works to build The Kingdom of God.

One day, a man suddenly feels like a baby. A lot of men have been hardened, callused against certain stimuli. Man suddenly feels like he is experiencing everything for the first time. Given he listens to music or watches some TV, stimuli he had been hardened against, it effects him like a New Born. Born Again.

Given someone experiences this, they should pray and be patient. Do they reject God's Goodness?

Last edited:

Manonfire63

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
How does someone end up with ears to hear?

They should pray.

God is reason. God works in particular ways. There is reason to how God goes about things.

It was 2013. I was listening to the song "When the Man Comes Around." I had heard the song before. It occurred to me, suddenly, that I didn't understand the lyrics. Alone, I did a Bible Study, at my computer, with the internet. I would internet search the lyrics, looking for their meaning. I may have found things. This Bible Study helped changed the way I was thinking. I started becoming more aware of lyrics. Fast forward several months, and I ended up creating a list of songs with lyrics and or sounds that I was picking up, that seemed profound to me for some reason.

Top Bottom