Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
If someone is buying a laptop, which brand should they buy?

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A lot would depend on your budget. Personally I would never buy a Dell computer because I've had so many problems with their insistence on making everything non-standard, insisting you enter their product code into their system to get a recovery disk because a standard Windows installation disk doesn't work, then telling you that the product code clearly printed on their product isn't a valid product.

Lanman87

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've purchase HP at my place of work. We used to get Dell but we had so many issues with them that we changed brands.

One tip I give people is to get the business class laptop/computer instead of the consumer class. I had a HP reseller tell me that the business class models come out around six months after the consumer model because they use the consumer models to test parts/reliability.

The Business class laptops will cost more but they will usually last much longer than the consumer class.

For HP this is the EliteBook and the ProBook. The EliteBook is one of the best laptops I've ever used. The Probook isn't as "high end" but is it still better than the Pavilion or Envy consumer models.

Joshua1Eight

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Yes
It really depends on what you want to do.
If you’re an artist and you want to make art, photography, video making, sound editing, graphic design, web design, a MacBook Pro is the best option.

But if you need a computer for work or just basic things like checking email and Facebook, then any Windows computer will do, like HP or Lenovo.

But if you’re someone who loves to play video games, then not any Windows will do. You’ll want to get a computer called AlienWare.

Top Bottom