Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
The Bible says that those built on the Rock (Matt chapt. 7) can withstand the waves. Anyway, we cannot stop bullying really, but we can make people strong. Well, we cannot, but God can. Do you all think anti-bullying programs are pointless?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, I don't think they're pointless; and I do think the problem has probably been on the increase in recent years, considering how our elders and civic leaders have taken to calling each other by the most terrible names and terms.

But at the same time, is a commitment to reduce bullying the most important issue when the schools are teaching that all whites are racist by definition, sex of all varieties is good for them to take up, even as students in the lower elementary grades, and that it's punishable if students voice religious views or even use religious terminology?

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
No, I don't think they're pointless; and I do think the problem has probably been on the increase in recent years, considering how our elders and civic leaders have taken to calling each other by the most terrible names and terms.

But at the same time, is a commitment to reduce bullying the most important issue when the schools are teaching that all whites are racist by definition, sex of all varieties is good for them to take up, even as students in the lower elementary grades, and that it's punishable if students voice religious views or even use religious terminology?
Yeah, it's a mess right now. I'd say if I were a parent with a kid of school age I would homeschool.

Yeah, you can't attack bullying, when you bully yourself, but it all boils down to people not practicing authentic Christianity or none at all.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Yeah, it's a mess right now. I'd say if I were a parent with a kid of school age I would homeschool.

Yeah, you can't attack bullying, when you bully yourself, but it all boils down to people not practicing authentic Christianity or none at all.
Have you ever considered how most Churches depict God as a bully? If they will do that to God, how can you expect any better from them? They are immersed in a bully worship religion.

They say God offers Salvation if you will "Say, Uncle". This is by using sacraments or choosing to comply by doing whatever their Church says they should do. And what's worse, those who sell their soul to this false concept of god will be rewarded with eternal pleasures. But if they stop, he will roast them alive in eternal flames.

This is the god of Universal Atonement, which the scriptures know nothing of.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Have you ever considered how most Churches depict God as a bully? If they will do that to God, how can you expect any better from them? They are immersed in a bully worship religion.

They say God offers Salvation if you will "Say, Uncle". This is by using sacraments or choosing to comply by doing whatever their Church says they should do. And what's worse, those who sell their soul to this false concept of god will be rewarded with eternal pleasures. But if they stop, he will roast them alive in eternal flames.

You aren't allowed to call the Christians here who believe in the Sacraments non-Christian. @Romanos

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
You aren't allowed to call the Christians here who believe in the Sacraments non-Christian. @Romanos
I did not say they were not saved. I only say god is nothing more than a bully in most churches who makes you "Say Uncle" by jumping through hoops. I was in bully churches for decades but I'm saved and know better. How can you love a god like that? BTW, You said: We DO allow flaming of beliefs. You can say, that's ridiculous. But you cannot say You're ridiculous.

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Meaning, I take it, that you cannot CALL someone who's a non-Christian--defined as rejecting the Trinity and/or the Nicene Creed--by that term, that's all.

I prefer Pagan anyway.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
What about referring to the people here as non-Christian who profess to "believe in the sacraments"--whatever that might mean (?)--but who have a belief that is either unintelligible or else completely redefines what a sacrament IS??

AND, in addition, what if such a person clearly doesn't believe in the Trinity, even though that is supposed to be a requirement for being considered a Christian by Christian Forums??

Welcome back, Dave! All is forgiven!

🥴
Who needs forgiveness? The guy with the truth or the guy who smears him? How do you define Christian? “And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.” Acts 11:26 (KJV 1900)

Do you know any disciples who live the Sermon on the Mount as they did? Be careful who you call a Christian.

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No

Most churches believe in eternal hellfire, which pretty much puts God in that position. Of course, God certainly is a cop forcing people to comply with what he wants or they will suffer harsh consequences based on his rules. However, the eternal hellfire stuff is over-the-top. Well, a parent has a right to be a parent, but eternal hellfire is a cruel and abusive parent.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Most churches believe in eternal hellfire, which pretty much puts God in that position. Of course, God certainly is a cop forcing people to comply with what he wants or they will suffer harsh consequences based on his rules. However, the eternal hellfire stuff is over-the-top. Well, a parent has a right to be a parent, but eternal hellfire is a cruel and abusive parent.
God blinds people so they cannot know the truth about hell or anything else scripture teaches.

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
God blinds people so they cannot know the truth about hell or anything else scripture teaches.
There is a verse about he who has little, more will be taken away.

Top Bottom