Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
In her new memoir, popstar Britney Spears revealed that she became pregnant while dating fellow popstar Justin Timberlake and has described her subsequent abortion as “one of the most agonising things I have ever experienced in my life”.

The singers had been dating between 1999 and 2002, when they were in their late teens and early 20s. In her new memoir The Woman in Me, Spears, now 41, described her traumatic experience.

“It was a surprise, but for me, [the pregnancy] wasn’t a tragedy. I loved Justin so much. I always expected us to have a family together one day. This would just be earlier than I’d anticipated”.

“One of the most agonising things I have ever experienced in my life”

Spears revealed that while she was happy to be a mother, Timberlake wanted her to have an abortion.

“Justin definitely wasn’t happy about the pregnancy. If it had been left up to me, I never would have done it. To this day, it’s one of the most agonising things I have ever experienced in my life”.

Fans believe song may have referenced abortion

A year after Spears and Timberlake separated, Britney Spears unveiled her album “In the Zone”, featuring the single, “Everytime”. The song’s melancholic ballad marked a notable departure from her earlier, more upbeat songs.

After speaking publicly about her abortion, fans have said they believe that the song could be referencing the abortion.

Fans have speculated that the song could be an apology to her unborn child, rather than her mourning her breakup with Justin Timberlake.
In particular, the fans have interpreted the song’s chorus “And every time I see you in my dreams I see your face, you’re haunting me. I guess I need you, baby”, as a possible reference to her unborn baby and the abortion.

Having an abortion is not always a free choice

“For Britney Spears, the mantra of ‘choice’ rings hollow, since all it appears she needed was support from her boyfriend at the time.

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
For some years, I volunteered at a "Crisis Pregnancy Center." I still support the center economically.

The center, begun by a Catholic nurse and now interdenominational, is not political. It exists to help mothers who are struggling with their pregnancy. It gives free ultrasound imagery (AMAZING how seeing their baby changes how they feel and relate to that baby) as well as counseling, giving resources of all types, and giving everything from vitamins to diapers - whatever that mom needs. All 100% free. And also parenting classes and even sex education classes.

When I volunteered, I was a high school age teen. And (understandably) worked "behind the scenes" so as not to have contact with the mothers. All those are women (and moms) with very special training. I worked in the storeroom, did secretarial duties, even cleaned.

But I had lots of opportunities to speak with the staff. It changed me.

ONE of the things I learned is that it is quite common that the mother WANTS the child, she does not want the abortion. BUT they are being pressured.... HARD.... to get an abortion. Usually by the father and/or her parents, but sometimes also by "friends." And that has caused her to go to the crisis center.

While I don't know if there are any hard stats on this, I learned that this situation is "quite common" and often very tragic. The Center is sometimes able to help - but usually, the mother falls to the pressure and perhaps then needs grief counseling (also offered by the center).

The "choice" argument of the pro-abortion industry and proponents is often a lie.... it is often abuse, not choice.

I hope this revelation by Britney Spears brings some attention to this reality.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So Britney lied when she said she was a virgin?

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
In other words, under her own free will she aborted the baby. In this day and age when having an abortion is very controversial, by speaking publicly about it, she's getting great free publicity for her book.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In other words, under her own free will she aborted the baby.

But that's the point: according to her, it was NOT of "her own free will" as you stressed. Just the opposite. She stressed that she did not want the abortion, that she was pressured into it by the father (Justin Timberlake). Sadly, this is not uncommon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom