Ashes of the Red Heifer (Num. 19)

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This is of great importance to the Jews who want to see the Temple rebuilt. The blood of the red heifer must be sprinkled before the Temple, which replaced the Tabernacle in (Num. 19:4). And if I understand it correctly, the Temple doesn't have to exist for this to occur. Just the correct location observed which is facing the Temple area from the Mount of Olives.

The ashes of the red heifer make up the ingredients for the water of separation. (Num. 19:6) These were for purifying purpose to those declared unclean. And this purifying would be necessary for any to come to the Temple Mount area, which means no work toward the building of the Temple until the ashes of the red heifer were available. And the Temple Mount faithful have been working towards obtaining a red heifer for many years.

It's my understanding that they now have at least four red heifers who pass their test 'without spot or blemish, or yoked'. (Num. 19:2) It is also said by the Jews that it should be 3 to 4 years old. Which makes the timing important as to when it can be slaughtered. And they have them today and it's my understanding that they intend to slaughter these in order to have the ashes.

I have looked on the internet and have found different views of the time that they would do this. Some say (March 29-30). Others say during Passover 2024, which is April 22-30.

In looking into this, I also ran across a CBS report by Chris Livesay on March 5, 2024. He said that on the 100th day of the Gazan war, Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida openly declared that one of the reasons for the Oct. 7th massacre was that the Jews were bringing red cows to the Holy Land. This was important to them because the Arabs know it is a step towards rebuilding the Temple.

Also, in looking into this, some note the importance of the April 8th eclipse occurring around this time.

It will be interesting to see if they do kill the red heifer, as many fear it, thinking it will cause a holy war with the Arabs. But, others say, we are already at war anyway.

Lees

Top Bottom