Chat Am I the only one, or does anyone else wish that Walmart would go back to 24 miles per hour?

Joshua1Eight

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It was so convenient being able to walk into Walmart at 1am to get what I need.

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
When I first read the OP thread question I thought at one point the speed limit in the parking lot was 24 miles per hour. LOL

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
24 hours per day? Yeah, that would be nice again! I know people who work shift work that complain about the hours.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Its all very well having a 24 hour day/night opening but the question is, who the hell wants to work the grave yard shift or can work it.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Its all very well having a 24 hour day/night opening but the question is, who the hell wants to work the grave yard shift or can work it.

Sometimes it's a great job for a couple who have children to raise and can't afford daycare. One person can work during the day (wherever) and someone else can work at night at WalMart. That way someone is always home with the kids at all times. It's not the best situation though and I don't know how much sleep those people get.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I can't help thinking the world was a better place when you couldn't endlessly pop out to buy some random item at a stupid hour of the morning.

It's great in theory being able to do that but we coped as a society for decades without it and few people want to work the overnight shift (not to mention the known impact it has on sleep and health). It does mean people can work two jobs, or parents can play tag-team with one working days and one working nights, but all that means is that either someone gets no sleep at all or parents never get to spend any time as a family.

Sadly the economy has been so badly mismanaged for so long a lot of people are left with little option.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Walmart? There are three of them in easy range of my house, but I haven't gone in one since before the plandemic began.

Kind of screwy but there are two Walmarts exactly 4 miles apart along the same road. And both very busy.

Top Bottom