Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"For those with the disease of alcoholism, it seems to be an almost universal truth that before things can get better, they have to get worse. Sometimes, they have to get a lot worseThey call it "hitting bottom." The bottom is the place an alcoholic must reach before he finally is ready to admit that he has a problem and reaches out for help.
all, for the true alcoholic, it doesn't seem to him that he has a problem. He's just having a good time. If everybody would just get off her back, everything would be okay. She's got a disease, but it sure doesn't seem like one and the last thing that would ever occur to her is that she needs help.
Because alcoholism is a progressive disease, there comes a point at which even the most dedicated drunk decides that there just might be a problem."

Some people call it raising the bottom when a person does things which don't rescue the addict from their addiction and let the person feel the full weight of the consequences of their choices. Enablers though, never let the addict hit bottom. They bail people out of jail, make excuses, give the addict money, ignore or blame someone else for the person's problems. This continues to lower the bottom instead of letting the person feel the full effect of their problem

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I never thought of it that way that alcoholics have enablers just like other addicts too. I didn't click on the link yet but I'll get back to it later.

Top Bottom