Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Just a wild and crazy idea, but I wonder what would happen if you actually posted words instead of links to links that lead to an audio recording?

(And I repeat ... WHERE DOES GOD SAY “Stop Racism”?)
Racism is a fairly new concept in our history, there was an unhinged backlash early mid century in America by outside foreigners who did not wish to be grouped with certain people from neighboring countries or within a specific continent... That's like saying all Europeans in the world are Americans... Racism is to me like the mark of the beast to be honest, because it promotes hatred of others based solely on identity (profiling) and at the same time identifying yourself as righteous by your ideal identity, it's definitely fooling the rich and poor, young and old, bond and free these days.
God says stop Racism indeed because God changes not!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Can we call this 'spam' now? this is the second thread with this link

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No not against the rules

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We allow links to twitter, facebook groups and blogs as long as they aren't trying to sell us something. It would be nice if the OP had more to say here on the site though about the topic because we are a discussion board.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Last edited:

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Did the link I sent you lead you to any of those solicitations, or did you reach them as you did some opposition research on me?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Ok. Did the link I sent you lead you to any of those solicitations, or did you reach them as you did some opposition research on me?

What do you mean by "opposition research"? All I noted is that this is the second thread with the same link and little discussion. The first post led me to the Twitter account with many solicitations to buy, sell, or become involved in different business schemes.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
But on the subject of racism, What does God have to say about it, and how do you suppose we (as Christians) can stop it? Fwiw, I work with Indigenous peoples in Canada who have suffered many generations of cultural genocide, and are still recovering internally and externally. Many stories I could tell. Hatred spread does indeed consume a (First) Nation, and almost destroyed theirs.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by "opposition research"? All I noted is that this is the second thread with the same link and little discussion. The first post led me to the Twitter account with many solicitations to buy, sell, or become involved in different business schemes.
If I am correct, when on shares a link to a post, that link lands the other person right on the post. That person can read the post, or choose to click on the profile of the poster. Once you reach the profile all the post that the original poster has made become viewable. However, the person that click on the original link made the choice of arriving to the profile.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Ok, understood. I've posted here on the topic. Shall we discuss?

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
But on the subject of racism, What does God have to say about it, and how do you suppose we (as Christians) can stop it? Fwiw, I work with Indigenous peoples in Canada who have suffered many generations of cultural genocide, and are still recovering internally and externally. Many stories I could tell. Hatred spread does indeed consume a (First) Nation, and almost destroyed theirs.
Hence it is against God and He does not want racism to go on.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We can stop it by acknowledging that racism is alive and kicking, by rejecting it as Christians, by speaking against it, by making sure that those affected are ministered to.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
The acknowledgement of it is huge - especially with Indigenous peoples here. Having a mind open enough to listen to stories and experiences goes a long way. A person may not be trusted for a while, and never completely, but that willingness to listen goes a long way. The work I do is with people and communities who are experiencing substance misuse (i.e. "addictions", although the term is going out of favor), and partnering with local reserves to work through those issues. One mis-step can destroy a whole relationship. We're counted on to keep our word when we say we will do something and showing ourselves trustworthy

And it's not just with those experiencing the "problems" but with the communities as well. One band recently hired a community nurse, and our team went for her welcome dinner. We could have just showed up and taken a seat, but the better thing was to offer hour help in the kitchen (which they accepted :) ), make the salad and carve the meat. That opened the door to speaking with the community members there and getting input from them on how we can best serve them. So a lot of good came from something that, for anyone else, may have just been a free meal courtesy of the band. And they insisted we take left-overs! :D

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The acknowledgement of it is huge - especially with Indigenous peoples here. Having a mind open enough to listen to stories and experiences goes a long way. A person may not be trusted for a while, and never completely, but that willingness to listen goes a long way. The work I do is with people and communities who are experiencing substance misuse (i.e. "addictions", although the term is going out of favor), and partnering with local reserves to work through those issues. One mis-step can destroy a whole relationship. We're counted on to keep our word when we say we will do something and showing ourselves trustworthy

And it's not just with those experiencing the "problems" but with the communities as well. One band recently hired a community nurse, and our team went for her welcome dinner. We could have just showed up and taken a seat, but the better thing was to offer hour help in the kitchen (which they accepted :) ), make the salad and carve the meat. That opened the door to speaking with the community members there and getting input from them on how we can best serve them. So a lot of good came from something that, for anyone else, may have just been a free meal courtesy of the band. And they insisted we take left-overs! :D
Also because that town is still very much a cowboy and indian town still (I used to live there) they are very much the majority even tho their land is being misused by themselves nevertheless the rec that we see today is based on much of that.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just to throw a wrench into things....

I totally "get" the point of this thread.... and I doubt 99.99% of the people disagree with it. A good reminder, however!

But I think it kind of depends on how you define "Hate."

If "hate" is the opposite of love, then absolutely. We are called to love even as God first loved us.

But if "hate" is defined as "disapproval" then I think it can play a legit role. Jesus often condemned people, actions and views.... remember what Jesus did in the Temple as he saw what was going on? Was that approval? If your teen daughter is a prostitute... if you teen son is selling drugs.... is approval a good thing? Maybe a little "meanness" is a good thing? Seems to me one can LOVE and also DISAPPROVE (they are not at all mutually exclusive.... in fact, sometimes love DEMANDS disapproval).

I think we as a modern society have gone a bit too far with all this.... making "tolerance" almost a religion.... so that if something wrong is happening, we have to smile and approve and say, "now, isn't that wonderful?" Here's the problem, IMO: "HATE" has come to mean, "anything anyone says or does that I don't agree with." Or even worse, "Anything a Christian or Republican does or thinks should be done." Truth... right.... love... it's all being displaced by everything being "hate" if one doesn't like it.

Last edited:

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Hate is not the opposite of love. Indifference is. That's why many in AA come with the story that their family didn't hate them when they walked in the door (unless abuse was present) they just looked, saw them walk in and turned back to whatever they were doing.

Top Bottom