Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think that Bill?
It wasnt all that long ago that they werer recruiting in my area and I know that at least in the 70's and 80's they were active around herre

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I grew up in the midwest and no one I knew was involved in it and no one even discussed it except for rare times in the news (down south).

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What troubles me is that in some ways, we're just replacing one form of the sin for another. Perhaps an "over-reaction" or maybe just the same sin morphing in a new way (I consider it the later). In some ways, I think the LEFT promotes racism (and sexism0 with its OBSESSION with the issue of race, color, ethnicity, etc. The DREAM of Rev. MARTIN LUTHER King, Jr. was that his children would NOT be treated according to the color of their skin (or gender or race or ethnicity) BUT rather by the character of their heart (their morality, integrity). He fought for EQUAL opportunity and BLINDNESS to the issues of race, gender, color, etc. In some ways, I think it's worse now..... and I think it is the liberals who are working overtime to keep the dream of Rev. King as distant as possible Frankly, I'm sick of the "boys vs. girls" stuff (seems like Kindergarden to me), I'm SICK of all the talk of race.... I WISH we'd talk about character, integrity, morality...... I think what we all decry has simply morphed into a new form....

Very true, when it's decided that racial imbalances must be corrected whatever it takes it ends up doing nobody any favors. Some years ago I worked at a company as part of a team of 10. 9 of us were white and the 10th guy was black. He often decried the concept of affirmative action because he said in a position like his he wanted to know he had been hired for his skills rather than so he could be the token black guy on the team. Sadly he wasn't particularly good at his job, which did little to dispel notions that he might have been little more than a token black face and we just happened to be the team that got stuck with him.

What we need in the world of commerce is a simple approach to hiring the best person for the job. Not the best white man for the job because it's an old boys club, and not the best black person because we feel we need an extra black face, not the best woman for the job because a survey showed only 38% of the staff are female, and so on. Sadly the politics of identity now are probably more divisive than racism ever was - while there is no merit at all in regarding one race as inherently superior or inferior to another there is equally little merit in creating endless divisions along lines of race and gender and even less in creating artificial divisions to divide us further.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
It wasnt all that long ago that they werer recruiting in my area and I know that at least in the 70's and 80's they were active around herre
Maybe all the backlash they've gotten has made them go "underground" and be very sneaky now. They are a scary bunch.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I grew up in the midwest and no one I knew was involved in it and no one even discussed it except for rare times in the news (down south).

I grew up in the Midwest, too, and the only time I heard about it was in school lessons and tv. They are racist exonified! There were a lot of racists where I grew up, too, at least in the manner they spoke of various ethnicities.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Maybe all the backlash they've gotten has made them go "underground" and be very sneaky now. They are a scary bunch.
Agreed and there should be no place in society for them

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Agreed and there should be no place in society for them
I think if at all possible they should be educated on cultural differences and how it is hurtful to be the way they are.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I agree but doubt it would change them

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

What does that mean, exactly--"active?"

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What does that mean, exactly--"active?"
While not visible usually they were here and holding meetings and even had night riders 40 miles away. Never a whole lot other than cross burnings and trying to recruit from time to time

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think if at all possible they should be educated on cultural differences and how it is hurtful to be the way they are.

The trouble is people who truly believe that black people are inferior to white people probably don't care that their stance is hurtful to black people, and probably also consider white people who find it hurtful to be overly sentimental towards the lesser ones. It's not really anything to do with cultural differences, it's a viewpoint that one person is inherently worth less than another because their skin is darker.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
While not visible usually they were here and holding meetings and even had night riders 40 miles away. Never a whole lot other than cross burnings and trying to recruit from time to time

That's about what I thought. And yet the media dutifully repeat the Left's mantra about the supposed dangers to life and limb from the KKK while at the same time masked Antifa stormtroopers actually destroy property and injure passers-by with batons etc.--all to the complete silence of our elected representatives on the D side of the aisle.

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
There isn't any real KKK - in a sense, just a network of punks, often drug dealers - who think they own small towns.

Top Bottom