Not open for further replies.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I was for about six months then got a cortizone shot which is temporary but it worked and once it starts acting up again I will have to get a hip replacement, hoping to make it past the holidays
That cortisone is good stuff, isn't it? It helped my knees for awhile but they are starting to act up again. I hope you will be okay. I know a man who got 2 hip replacements and he is doing much better now. His recovery was pretty fast, too.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I can't sleep in my bed any more. My next door neighbor who I share a wall with in the bedroom has gone psycho and throws things at night and hits the walls and headboard hard and throws glasses and I can't sleep in there. The manager isn't very nice here and doesn't like me much and I'm afraid if I complain she will turn on me.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Could you talk to the neighbor? Retaliate by throwing some things yourself or creating other noise? Approach the manager and try to talk to her in a nonconfrontational manner with some pleasantries thrown in? Only other recourse I see is to move

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I moved my mattress into the dining room. Been sleeping in there for 3 nights. Today I changed my bedroom around so the bed is on the other side of the room. In the past week I have put a fan on to block out the noise and she bangs on her head board hard when I do that. Last night I could hear her throwing things from my dining room. I could hear other tenants making noise back. We have a real nut case on our hands. There is no talking to someone like that. I'm scared of her. She might throw a punch at me. The manager is not very nice either. I've had other dealings with the manager and she is never very nice to me. If it continues into the Spring I will move and break my lease and cite "problem neighbor". Thanks for your feedback Bill.

It's a good thing I'm not working because I can sleep into the day late when the nut keeps me up. :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I moved my mattress into the dining room. Been sleeping in there for 3 nights. Today I changed my bedroom around so the bed is on the other side of the room. In the past week I have put a fan on to block out the noise and she bangs on her head board hard when I do that. Last night I could hear her throwing things from my dining room. I could hear other tenants making noise back. We have a real nut case on our hands. There is no talking to someone like that. I'm scared of her. She might throw a punch at me. The manager is not very nice either. I've had other dealings with the manager and she is never very nice to me. If it continues into the Spring I will move and break my lease and cite "problem neighbor". Thanks for your feedback Bill.

It's a good thing I'm not working because I can sleep into the day late when the nut keeps me up. :)
Sorry you have to deal with this Ruth. I once had a neighbor who played loud music all the time, this was many years ago, so when I was totally fed up I put on classical set the speakers against the wall, cranked it up all the way and took a 30 minute walk, never had a problem after that

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Sorry you have to deal with this Ruth. I once had a neighbor who played loud music all the time, this was many years ago, so when I was totally fed up I put on classical set the speakers against the wall, cranked it up all the way and took a 30 minute walk, never had a problem after that
:disgonbegood::clap2::yourock:

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Hello everyone!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Hi Romanos! It's so good to see you! :)

K9VTzwv.gif

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Good morning Ruth

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi Ruth! Is there a way you could call the police to do a welfare check on that neighbor when she's being loud because it sounds as if she's harming herself. You could ask them to not state which neighbor called?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Hi Bill. Lamm, why does is seem like she is harming herself? She is harming me. She is throwing all this stuff at my wall! The one we share. She goes to work everyday. She has my PTSD on edge. I am about to go off the edge myself. I have yelled really loud to stop. She is attacking me in my opinion. I am scared of her. She has quieted down now so there's no need to call the police. Anyways we are advised not to call the police in these situations or the managers could get in trouble. We are supposed to call the managers only. I will call them if she starts back.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hi Bill. Lamm, why does is seem like she is harming herself? She is harming me. She is throwing all this stuff at my wall! The one we share. She goes to work everyday. She has my PTSD on edge. I am about to go off the edge myself. I have yelled really loud to stop. She is attacking me in my opinion. I am scared of her. She has quieted down now so there's no need to call the police. Anyways we are advised not to call the police in these situations or the managers could get in trouble. We are supposed to call the managers only. I will call them if she starts back.
Just glad that at least for now it has quieted down

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You said she's throwing glass at the wall. That's harmful.

And yes, it's harmful to you as well mentally but for her it's physically harmful. The Managers don't want the police called? That's really odd. Well, bug the Managers nightly then if you have to. You pay money to live there and it's their responsibility to maintain a quiet evening hour environment.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
You said she's throwing glass at the wall. That's harmful.

And yes, it's harmful to you as well mentally but for her it's physically harmful. The Managers don't want the police called? That's really odd. Well, bug the Managers nightly then if you have to. You pay money to live there and it's their responsibility to maintain a quiet evening hour environment.
Actually it sounded like perfume bottles; I may have not got that right as I was upset when I wrote that. They were making clanging noise not breaking. The police in our city don't want continual nuisance calls about neighbors or the apt. complex can be fined. She has not been making much noise now. I can just hear her open and close drawers and slam them sometimes. Just seems like she's angry. So it's not physically harmful to her as I described it incorrectly in my haste. She threw something heavy on the floor one day and it didn't break just made a thud. Sounded like a fan. I think I've been made to suffer her tantrum and feel sick. I'm going to have to get in to see a new mental health person sooner than I thought because mine found a new place to work and I have to see a new one at the place I go. I'll have to go through a whole battery of questions again and this nonsense about being harrassed by her, too. I know it has been aimed at me. I can't tell you how I know but I do. Well, I can tell you that when my clock radio went off one morning it was barely audible and she took a sledge hammer to the wall we share and beat on it loudly and has beat on that wall with the sledge hammer several times whenever the least bit of noise came from my bedroom.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ruth, is there another apartment available in the complex where you could move away from her?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Ruth, is there another apartment available in the complex where you could move away from her?

If I move it will be somewhere else where the walls aren't so thin. Maybe to a house. It's very cold now, though. It's in the 20s. here now. I hate going out right now. She's been rather quiet the past 2 days so far. I wonder if someone else complained about her.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Good morning

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Ha! Once when I lived in a students home we had antisocial neighbours w loud music all the time. If it was after 11 pm we'd bang on the wall w my hammer and it'd stop, but during summer they opened the windows and that horrible music was also outside, so then I opened the windows and blasted them away with the Edwin Hawkins singers.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Another students home, we had a neighbour who beat up his wife, so his wife left and then he beat up the dog. It was horrible to hear and nothing you could do about it. It was an utter jerk and I hated him, but only because I felt sorry for the dog I prayed for that man to get saved. I left that students home and another guy got my room. I came back a year later to visit, cause they had a party. That guy who got my room told me he lead the neighbour to the Lord. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom