Not open for further replies.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Believe it or not, I can relate to much of what Stravinks wrote ↑ (although I never did any avenging, but maybe his level of being 'hit' was more serious than mine.
Whats unsettling is how often it comes from 'christians' ... And I put that in 'quotes' bc , sorry, but to answer ImDays Q from above, I just wont 'assume' that everyone is a christian.
Jesus and the NT writers didnt, so I wont either.

But its not too hard to see (ask a neutral observer) that there are ppl here that are antagonistic to Gods grace and salvation thru Jesus Christ alone, but interestingly enough, its the more religious types that do most of the twisting of things, especially things I post, and there are a few that dont 'interact' with me as a brother in Christ, but rather take turns disecting and maligning nearly everything I post, going from paragraph to paragraph, sometimes a sentence at a time, like its an obsession of nitpickery.

Oops, laundrys up...to be continued? Or not lol. GBU.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Snerfle, I'd really like for you to post some links of the posts that have quoted your posts in a way that is maligning them. I mentioned it a few posts ago in this thread but am still hoping to see these.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
IMO.... Questions, issues, complaints, whatever about Moderation here at CH should go here: http://christianityhaven.com/forumdisplay.php?25-Member-Admin-Center Thanks! And if any feels a rule has been broken by a post, there's always that REPORT icon... all Reports ARE dealt with here.

BTW, there's another thread concerning the issue of who is and is not a Christian: http://christianityhaven.com/showthread.php?4627-Who-IS-and-IS-NOT-a-Christian I agree it CAN be unconstructive (even rude) to accuse a POSTER of being unsaved (unless they identify themselves as such), that gets to the point I made about addressing the POST not the POSTER, of sticking to the issues/points presented. Perhaps when it comes to the POSTER, the old proverb comes to mind: "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all." And yeah, telling someone who considers themselves to be a Christian that they need to "get saved" is, well..... probably not nice. But again, we have a separate thread for that specific discussion.

What are your thoughts about constructive posting specifically here at CH and generally at any such site?

Blessings!!!!

- Josiah

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Constructive posting coincides with constructive thinking. If someone here offends you, as Josiah said, we have the Report button. Or you could put that person on Ignore if you don't like a lot of their posts and don't want to see any of them again. OR you could just not respond if you think you won't respond in a Christian manner.

Constructive thinking is about not immediately reacting but instead taking the time to interpret what was said to you and then to think constructively about how you will respond. You might find that you misunderstood what a member was saying if you take the time to step back first before responding from an emotional outburst. Or you might find that you don't need to stoop to that person's level if he was flaming you.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Constructive posting coincides with constructive thinking. If someone here offends you, as Josiah said, we have the Report button. Or you could put that person on Ignore if you don't like a lot of their posts and don't want to see any of them again. OR you could just not respond if you think you won't respond in a Christian manner.

Constructive thinking is about not immediately reacting but instead taking the time to interpret what was said to you and then to think constructively about how you will respond. You might find that you misunderstood what a member was saying if you take the time to step back first before responding from an emotional outburst. Or you might find that you don't need to stoop to that person's level if he was flaming you.

What's the point in reporting an offensive post - there are so many of them in some threads - if all that can reasonably be done is either lock the thread, remove the offensive posts, or admonish the poster? If people cannot restrain their baser instincts to write offensive things then there's not a whole lot to be done is there? I think we'd suffer by banning people and deleting offensive posts is a last resort only to be used when a post is so offensive that it cannot be left on the forum without shaming everybody. Locking a thread may stop a particular thread from become more and more destructive but the resentments and hurt feelings that made the thread go bad remain and will resurface elsewhere even if a little bit of effort is made to "cover over" the resentment and hurt feelings. The toxicity in a post has its roots in the mind & heart of the author. It will never go away until the author decides to abandon it and turn to better things. That requires genuine repentance that not only says "sorry" but turns away from evil doing. No one can make that happen it has to be what the author wants to do. An act of real contrition means turning away from the evil doing.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The best way to keep peace:

5a0ac930c5d7d_17361559_1773315146312263_6475994273549006781_n__700.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What's the point in reporting an offensive post - there are so many of them in some threads - if all that can reasonably be done is either lock the thread, remove the offensive posts, or admonish the poster? If people cannot restrain their baser instincts to write offensive things then there's not a whole lot to be done is there? I think we'd suffer by banning people and deleting offensive posts is a last resort only to be used when a post is so offensive that it cannot be left on the forum without shaming everybody. Locking a thread may stop a particular thread from become more and more destructive but the resentments and hurt feelings that made the thread go bad remain and will resurface elsewhere even if a little bit of effort is made to "cover over" the resentment and hurt feelings. The toxicity in a post has its roots in the mind & heart of the author. It will never go away until the author decides to abandon it and turn to better things. That requires genuine repentance that not only says "sorry" but turns away from evil doing. No one can make that happen it has to be what the author wants to do. An act of real contrition means turning away from the evil doing.

I'm finding more and more that users are not aware that their posting style contains flaming! They just cannot see it. Reporting a post gives the Admins and Senior Moderator a chance to invite members to go over their posts privately and explain better ways of responding to achieve more productive discussions.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm finding more and more that users are not aware that their posting style contains flaming! They just cannot see it. Reporting a post gives the Admins and Senior Moderator a chance to invite members to go over their posts privately and explain better ways of responding to achieve more productive discussions.

You'd end up with a lot of work if every offensive post was reported.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You'd end up with a lot of work if every offensive post was reported.

That's very true. But we don't know that users are offended if they don't report and then complain later.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Snerfle, I'd really like for you to post some links of the posts that have quoted your posts in a way that is maligning them. I mentioned it a few posts ago in this thread but am still hoping to see these.
I showed one, explained another, I dont have time or ability to dig thru days and days of posts to find something, and nothing will be done about it anyway. Im the wrong religion, I guess.

It's funny, tho, that when I was accused in the past of being offensive, I was the one taken to task, and banned from posting without being screened first, but when its done to me, Im told I need to turn the other cheek? Idk, does it depend who you are, and what part of the circle your in, how situations are handled?

Like I said, I had to delete alot of things, and I thought it might be different, but it didnt take long to get the same smart-mouth little comments and digs by certain ppl with the hopes of goading me on and getting me to react so they could drive me out again, it seems.

I wonder how you would feel if someone said to YOU they hoped you never became a mom, or they wanted to baptize YOUR baby, or some other nasty cowardly comments posted and removed quickly enough so that the public cant see them, but they showed up in your inbox?
And How can that even be proven?

But, thats ok, I came home from shopping to find out our house was vandalized ... AGAIN ... by some racist little scumbag, so Ive got bigger fish to fry than this here, but shouldnt the 2 names in this sites title matter?
It would be nice to have christians treat you like one, and have brothers and/or sisters who one could turn to for prayer, encouragement, good cheer, etc., and actually find a HAVEN when lifes filthy racist punks decide to crap on you.

But instead I have to get more mocking, snickering, smirking, ridicule, and lectures from ppl, some who like to hit and run, divide and conquer, and get offended when you tell them Jesus loves them and youre praying for their salvation.

You would think MAYBE an unbeliever might get offended, (although, Ive found even with THEM, most dont) but that a believer would say thank you, offer to pray together, maybe tell you theyre already saved and be glad to have a brother, and maybe say they see things a bit different and offer to discuss it as friends and sons of God.

But Ive only gotten chastised for it, not only that, but not only will one person act offended, but another and another will jump in to dissect my words, twist them, and flay me with it.
It amazes me, but the offer to pray for someones salvation has now been twisted into accusations of 'Ppl are running around shouting youre not saved, youre going to hell' .

Really?? You must be joking! And no one calls out that false accusation? Wow. I used to post Hebrews 13:1 alot, one of my favorite scriptures.... Let brotherly love continue. But doesnt it have to START first, before it can continue?

And now I just found out the police are coming because my 87 year old mother just received a very threatening phone call by another cowardly dirtball, and shes really upset and had to call 911. This is all just great. Thanks. Jesus, be our refuge. Please Lord.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Snerfle, that's awful what happened to your house and your mother.

That aside, I was asking for the posts so I could investigate. I don't read every thread or every post on the site so if posts aren't reported I don't know that something is wrong if I don't see the thread/posts myself. As for the one concerning MC, didn't he apologize or explain that?

So, if you're finding that posts are changed once you get to the site, you can elect to stop receiving the posts by email so you don't have to see them prior to any edits that might take place.

If you're unwilling to provide evidence so I can investigate then perhaps you should stop complaining about it? I went searching in our Trash for you but I'm not going to hunt through all the threads you post in. You can do that. If you don't want to then don't complain how awful everyone is treating you.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Thanks.
I already knew there wasn't much regard or friendship for me here, I either get told off, or ignored, from many here, and I dont expect it to get any better if haters are given a green light.
I never said I was unwilling, ... I showed how its pretty much impossible.
So if I get attacked/insulted, I have to take it or provide proof and report it to the authorities? (going against NT scriptural guidelines, assuming everyone here is a christian)...But If I insult back, Im held to observing a certain NT guideline of having to turn the other cheek, and Im told not to flame??? Wow, am I reading that right?
Many outside observers can see things for themselves and come to their own conclusions regarding what constitutes christian brotherly love, but it seems the onus is on the one that gets attacked, rather than the attacker(s) (depending on who it is)
Yes, what happened with my mom is pretty disgusting.
Thanks for at least mentioning it. * (Thx Tigger too)
The love of many is growing colder, though, just like the bible says, and the who-cares attitude by many 'christians' these days is rather appalling.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks.
I already knew there wasn't much regard or friendship for me here, I either get told off, or ignored, from many here, and I dont expect it to get any better if haters are given a green light.
I never said I was unwilling, ... I showed how its pretty much impossible.
So if I get attacked/insulted, I have to take it or provide proof and report it to the authorities? (going against NT scriptural guidelines, assuming everyone here is a christian)...But If I insult back, Im held to observing a certain NT guideline of having to turn the other cheek, and Im told not to flame??? Wow, am I reading that right?
Many outside observers can see things for themselves and come to their own conclusions regarding what constitutes christian brotherly love, but it seems the onus is on the one that gets attacked, rather than the attacker(s) (depending on who it is)
Yes, what happened with my mom is pretty disgusting.
Thanks for at least mentioning it. * (Thx Tigger too)
The love of many is growing colder, though, just like the bible says, and the who-cares attitude by many 'christians' these days is rather appalling.

I was actually trying to help you. But you prefer to play the victim.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Snerfle, my advice right now is to step away from CH for the moment and attend to your family. Take care of yourself and your mother. We'll be here to continue any discussion you'd like, whenever you'd like.
Praying for you.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
I was actually trying to help you. But you prefer to play the victim.
Thats a nice slap in the face, saying someone, especially a brother in Christ, PREFERS ... to PLAY ... the VICTIM.

No, sorry dear, but if you would have listened closely, you'd see that certain things said to me and about me by certain others here is not something I PREFER, and theres a major difference between playing the victim and being one.
Blaming a victim only adds insult to injury and isnt very 'christianly'.
But like I said, it makes no difference now, I've got bigger things to deal with, Ive seen more clearly, and I'll keep trusting my Saviour to make all things work together for the good.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
... I'll keep trusting my Saviour to make all things work together for the good.

That's a good move and an excellent thought.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Snerfle, my advice right now is to step away from CH for the moment and attend to your family. Take care of yourself and your mother. We'll be here to continue any discussion you'd like, whenever you'd like.
Praying for you.
Yes, stepping away from chatforums and attending to our families is often good advice.
Mom and Dad are both ok though, all things considered, Im more concerned for my brother now, who seems to be having some neuropathy issues popping up since he recovered from a stroke a while back. Thats a bigger worry for the folks than any of these lowlifes trying to wreck our lives. It's just what with Thanksgiving coming up and all.....and the devils been working overtime lately, so many things kind of falling apart all at once, plus, condemnation where there should be encouragement, cold-shoulder excommunication where there should be warm-hearted friendship and invitation, and always when the 'holidays' draw near, it seems.
But God is good. I just hope the turkey dinner Im putting together turns out to be as well.
I thank you for the prayers, very much. :thumbsup:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
nm

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thats a nice slap in the face, saying someone, especially a brother in Christ, PREFERS ... to PLAY ... the VICTIM.

No, sorry dear, but if you would have listened closely, you'd see that certain things said to me and about me by certain others here is not something I PREFER, and theres a major difference between playing the victim and being one.
Blaming a victim only adds insult to injury and isnt very 'christianly'.
But like I said, it makes no difference now, I've got bigger things to deal with, Ive seen more clearly, and I'll keep trusting my Saviour to make all things work together for the good.

As the owner's ambassador to the site, it's my job to investigate when a member has huge complaints about other members doing something here that is not right. I asked for some evidence (in the form of links is what is needed if you don't understand) so that Romanos and I can see what's happening and determine a course of action. When you finally find the time to show us some links we will gladly investigate. Until that time, it would be great if you would stop repeatedly accusing until you have time to show the proof. You misunderstood 2 of my posts in this thread so far so it's very possible you're misunderstanding what is happening in the threads as well with their responses to you. Take some time to pray about this please.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
If he accuses the whole world its np. I have to really hold myself in. I'd rather like mc's friend shoot the lot of em.
The whole worlds about everyone has to be nice to snerf. If he ruins your life its fine. dont get offended. grrrrrrrrrrr.
thats why i came back here alone w anothername imdead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom