Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
You seem to be angered when people take what you say you believe and give it the appropriate and normal term for such a belief. And there's never a real rebuttal offered, no replies that might show the observation to be in error.

There are usually just some irrelevant statements about Constantine or something else that have obviously been picked up from people in church or elsewhere. Help us out with a real give and take on the substance of some of these ideas.
I have posted verse after verse after verse, you have yet provided no verse stating the trinity.
http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/trinity.html

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I have posted verse after verse after verse, you have yet provided no verse stating the trinity.

The doctrine you appear to teach is called modalism. By its standards the Father is the Son and the Father is the Holy Spirit and so one. It is not polytheism but it is absurdity. The reasons for believing that God is the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and that the Father begets the Son and that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son are in the holy scriptures. First the distinction between Father and Son is taught in John 1:1, 18; 17:3; 20:21-22. The Holy Spirit is also differentiated from the Father and the Son in those passages and in others too. These teachings in holy scripture contradict the teaching in the UPCI but I have no doubt that UPCI teachers have ways of explaining away these things. I do not know how committed you are to anti-trinitarianism so I will not assume that you are knowingly accepting heresy but the truth is that the teaching in the UPCI is heresy and it ought to be rejected because it is erroneous.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You think that's cute, I assume. No, the word does not appear in Scripture.

You know that and I know that and have said it repeatedly. You just come back with the same comment--the word isn't in Scripture. Well, neither are half the buzzwords you Pentecostals use or, for that matter, what the wider Christian community uses. Millennium. Rapture. Many of our words are not to be found there.

HOWEVER, what matters is whether or not the IDEA that we call by those terms is there. And when it comes to the Trinity, it's certainly there. It is unavoidable, in fact. And a number of different posters have pointed to the evidence (not that you are willing to hear it).

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The doctrine you appear to teach is called modalism. By its standards the Father is the Son and the Father is the Holy Spirit and so one. It is not polytheism but it is absurdity. The reasons for believing that God is the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and that the Father begets the Son and that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son are in the holy scriptures. First the distinction between Father and Son is taught in John 1:1, 18; 17:3; 20:21-22. The Holy Spirit is also differentiated from the Father and the Son in those passages and in others too. These teachings in holy scripture contradict the teaching in the UPCI but I have no doubt that UPCI teachers have ways of explaining away these things. I do not know how committed you are to anti-trinitarianism so I will not assume that you are knowingly accepting heresy but the truth is that the teaching in the UPCI is heresy and it ought to be rejected because it is erroneous.
Coffee my understanding growing up was quite simple, simple enough for a kid. I believed in God, thats it and that is still what I believe. God sent his only begotten Son Jesus Christ hallelujah I believe.
However as I grew older I started learning these creeds and the trinity stumped me. Jesus is the body of the Godhead he is the word in the flesh and by the will of his Father, it was Gods best way to heal to teach and to minister as man to man instead of magic tricks, I thank God that he sent his son to experience what its like to be man during the time of great persecution and to be able to speak the will of God knowing he having the same flesh we have, would be persecuted by the people he came to save and die and be resurrected by GOD and ascend back into Heaven. We are to follow his example in obedience and grace to become Sons of God.
I DONT care about anything outside the Bible, I dont care about the creeds or doctrines outside the Bible. I dont need a creed I have testimony. Our church teaches straight out the Bible we dont have to recite a creed.
As for any Protestant accepting the Trinity Creed they better convert to Catholicism or they will be damned Eternally!

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Deshela ma leshenay noleche eshama ;)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Deshela ma leshenay noleche eshama ;)

Exercising my super-power of interpretation .... Tell the leshenay and the brother of the brother

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Got bored made these [emoji14]
d7e544c59125ce181e0553f93cad380d.jpg
35f51b20fb3e20b79da96f21bf368c0d.jpg

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Since this thread is meeting its ends I would like to share this video.
This has helped some to understand and to receive this gift that I proclaim loudly as evidence of the spirit in you.
There is a praise song in the beginning so start at 3:11.
I see this as helping understand but I personally didnt need this video for it happened spontaneously before the fact.
Please keep Jesus on your mind during this to test the spirit, let him guide you and be with you throughout your God given free will to doubt.
https://youtu.be/e9s7ixXCdyY

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Interesting. Most Christians would say that it rather conclusively shows that a lot of contemporary tongues-speaking is bogus.

That judgment would be unfair to you personally, who has said that he experienced the gift spontaneously, but this idea of being able to teach another person how to speak in tongues (which is not uncommon in Pentecostal circles) would mean that it is not a gift at all.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Interesting. Most Christians would say that it rather conclusively shows that a lot of contemporary tongues-speaking is bogus.

That judgment would be unfair to you personally, who has said that he experienced the gift spontaneously, but this idea of being able to teach another person how to speak in tongues (which is not uncommon in Pentecostal circles) would mean that it is not a gift at all.
No this video actually goes over some q and a. I also encouraged in earlier post how one could receive if they asked God, perhaps light a candle and just praying and dont stop etc... If it happens to not stop.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
But if you have to do anything--light a candle, gather with other pentecostals, have soft music, whatever--it is something earned, or at least we could say that the recipient has shared in the process of making it possible.

Obviously, I and others would say, if it is a gift then it is freely given, not something you induce. That's kind of like the old dispute over salvation being by faith alone versus the Catholic view which holds that the person has to have faith but also build up a record of acceptable behavior and both are taken into account by God.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Dont open a gift or dont believe there is one then you get niothing

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
But if you have to do anything--light a candle, gather with other pentecostals, have soft music, whatever--it is something earned, or at least we could say that the recipient has shared in the process of making it possible.

Obviously, I and others would say, if it is a gift then it is freely given, not something you induce. That's kind of like the old dispute over salvation being by faith alone versus the Catholic view which holds that the person has to have faith but also build up a record of acceptable behavior and both are taken into account by God.
Ask and you shall receive!

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If that were meant to apply to the gifts of the Holy Ghost, however, you wouldn't have to set the stage with ordinary trappings like a lit candle--not any more than you would have to be taught how to speak in tongues. Any believer who wanted to heal the sick with a touch or give forth with prophesies or perform miracles would simply ask for the power and get it.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If that were meant to apply to the gifts of the Holy Ghost, however, you wouldn't have to set the stage with ordinary trappings like a lit candle--not any more than you would have to be taught how to speak in tongues. Any believer who wanted to heal the sick with a touch or give forth with prophesies or perform miracles would simply ask for the power and get it.
Its not like you can just go to the restroom and say "God give me the gift of tongues" and bam.
I light a candle often when I pray, it was only a suggestion

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I know. I wasn't intending to focus on that particular example, but it may have seemed so.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I was walking across Langley Park when I first spoke in tongues - in retrospect it was a bit of happy gibberish. It was a lovely morning at the end of spring. Beautiful.

i-XwfZqw2-L.jpg

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
No this video actually goes over some q and a. I also encouraged in earlier post how one could receive if they asked God, perhaps light a candle and just praying and dont stop etc... If it happens to not stop.
What you are teaching is an occult magic and not a Spirit directed gift. Any discerning person must reject your pagan teaching.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Ask and you shall receive!
In your case you are asking demons into your abode. That needs to be abandoned as soon as you can.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Its not like you can just go to the restroom and say "God give me the gift of tongues" and bam.
I light a candle often when I pray, it was only a suggestion
Indeed, a gift is something you cannot demand from the Sovereign King. Your pagan, occult, candlelighting is wickedly wrong.

Top Bottom