Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you think the bible mentions dinosaurs (not by that name of course)?

brinny

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
i always wondered if behemuth (sp) was a dinosaur....

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Birds are dinosaurs and I reckon some birds are mentioned in the bible so yes, dinosaurs are in the bible :woot:

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the bible mentions dinosaurs (not by that name of course)?

absolutely YES .. the term dinosaur is a very young terminology for the beasts .
and the beasts in the book of Job are without doubt such beasts also known through out the ages as dragons of varying type .

the carvings on the temples in Asia dating back only 1600 years depict whats now called the stegosaurus and there is ever growing evidence of their coexistence with man who has ,as with so very many of the larger animals ,hunted them to extinction ,where natural disaster did not do so.

Pelikan

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
absolutely YES .. the term dinosaur is a very young terminology for the beasts .
and the beasts in the book of Job are without doubt such beasts also known through out the ages as dragons of varying type .

the carvings on the temples in Asia dating back only 1600 years depict whats now called the stegosaurus and there is ever growing evidence of their coexistence with man who has ,as with so very many of the larger animals ,hunted them to extinction ,where natural disaster did not do so.

Where are you getting that from?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Where are you getting that from?

its easily searched under stegosaurus carvings on Cambodian temple pillars. of course evolutionists will say its not and creationist will say it is . so it comes down to a question of whom ones faith is truthfully founded in .. man - or God .
in regard to the other beasts .. the book of job declares God speaking of these beasts and he say of them .. "which i made along with man " so if god declares that he made these beats along with man and the world says otherwise .. we again are faced with the question of whom our faith is in and whom we believe .. man - or God .

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
its easily searched under stegosaurus carvings on Cambodian temple pillars. of course evolutionists will say its not and creationist will say it is . so it comes down to a question of whom ones faith is truthfully founded in .. man - or God .

This assumes that all Christians are "young earth" creationists. Science and creationism are not necessarily at odds all the time.

in regard to the other beasts .. the book of job declares God speaking of these beasts and he say of them .. "which i made along with man " so if god declares that he made these beats along with man and the world says otherwise .. we again are faced with the question of whom our faith is in and whom we believe .. man - or God .

Again, we have to assume (based on this view of things) that "along with" means "at the same time as". It's reading meaning into something that may not be there. If I say that "various fruit trees can produce apples, along with oranges and bananas", then the context changes. It's not saying apples, oranges, and bananas grow on the same tree, it depends on the "various" qualifier.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This assumes that all Christians are "young earth" creationists. Science and creationism are not necessarily at odds all the time.

Again, we have to assume (based on this view of things) that "along with" means "at the same time as". It's reading meaning into something that may not be there. If I say that "various fruit trees can produce apples, along with oranges and bananas", then the context changes. It's not saying apples, oranges, and bananas grow on the same tree, it depends on the "various" qualifier.

lol no ..it assumes we .. as children believe Gods word without attempting to stuff the infinite majesty and power of God it into the confines of our meager flawed intellects .
if we can not take God at his word -literally ,( especially where it is beyond our comprehension which involves faith ,without which it is impossible to please god ) when he states a thing in his word .. then how can we truly be saved ? because if we cannot take him at his word in one thing he says then how can we take him at his word truthfully in anything he says .

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
lol no ..it assumes we .. as children believe Gods word without attempting to stuff the infinite majesty and power of God it into the confines of our meager flawed intellects .
if we can not take God at his word -literally ,( especially where it is beyond our comprehension which involves faith ,without which it is impossible to please god ) when he states a thing in his word .. then how can we truly be saved ? because if we cannot take him at his word in one thing he says then how can we take him at his word truthfully in anything he says .
Truth

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
nm

Last edited:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Unless that flawed intellect agrees that the earth was created in 7 literal 24-hour periods.

if we can not take God at his word

"We", meaning who?
literally
"Literally" involving what?
( especially where it is beyond our comprehension which involves faith ,without which it is impossible to please god )
Again, unless our comprehension agrees in the literal 7 day creation, then we're fine.
when he states a thing in his word .. then how can we truly be saved ?
I thought we were talking about dinosaurs...
because if we cannot take him at his word in one thing he says
Meaning the literal 7 day subject?
then how can we take him at his word truthfully in anything he says .
I guess that's a real conundrum for those that might worry about it. But I'll leave that to Ken Ham.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is very compelling evidence that dinosaurs as we think of them (their lineal descendents the birds not withstanding) went extinct some 65 million years ago, some 61 million years before the earliest hominids show up in the fossil record, so it is quite unreasonable to ignore all the evidence and say that humans and dinosaurs ever coexisted. :)

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is very compelling evidence that dinosaurs as we think of them (their lineal descendents the birds not withstanding) went extinct some 65 million years ago, some 61 million years before the earliest hominids show up in the fossil record, so it is quite unreasonable to ignore all the evidence and say that humans and dinosaurs ever coexisted. :)

not if we believe God -to believe mans theories we must cast off belief in the word of God .

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If you have ever heard of the gap theory it blends it all very nicely and allows for both sides to be right

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, we all have the choice...do we believe a vast mountain of compelling evidence points to the truth, or do we ignore all that and choose to believe what a tiny minority of Christians (young Earth creationists) believe. :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Well, we all have the choice...do we believe a vast mountain of compelling evidence points to the truth, or do we ignore all that and choose to believe what a tiny minority of Christians (young Earth creationists) believe. :)
I choose to believe the bible and if you would look at the gap theory you might see something you could agree with. It is simply that there is a gap of time between verse 1 and verse 2 of Genesis

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I choose to believe the bible and if you would look at the gap theory you might see something you could agree with. It is simply that there is a gap of time between verse 1 and verse 2 of Genesis

I have never read anything in the Bible that would lead me to believe the writers had any idea whatsoever about dinosaurs.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am talking more about a bridge between creation and evolution

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am talking more about a bridge between creation and evolution

there isnt one .. Gods word is true -or it is not . gap is only a theory .. and what are the theories origins ? the revelation of the Holy Spirit ..or the carnal; fallen sinful mind of mankind ?

are dinosaurs in the bible .. very clearly .

Top Bottom