Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The passage in Matthew 24 is relating to the Second Coming of Jesus, which will occur in the last days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It reads like verses 1 to 28 are about the apostle's life times. Verses 29 to 37 appears to be set later. The generation mentioned in verse 34 may be in the later period, but that is not absolutely clear from the passage alone. So it seems that Matthew 24 is about both the period immediately after Jesus resurrection up to the death of the last apostle chosen by Jesus Christ and also about a later time, perhaps the "end times" that fascinates many Christians in the USA and elsewhere.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I hate Escatology and don’t have the sort of confident “It will happen like THIS” that some people do,

The Orthodox view of Revelation is a-millennial...
The Book of Revelation is not read in our Churchs...
But the very Structure of our Church is a reflection of that Book...

And this is because we understand Revelation as a descriptive...
A descriptive of the Life of the Christian Faith in Christ...
We have been living the Last Days for 2000 years...
Each generation has her Saints...
Each Saint has seen the things described therein...
Each generation knows the fulfillment of Revelation...
All things come to pass each generation...
But not in all people in each generation...

Jerusalem was the Heart of Israel...
The Jerusalem of the Heart is the locus of the events...
The inward temple in the flesh of Christ's holy ones...
The Kingdom of heaven is within you...
Stones upon stones are still stones...
The Gospel is now written upon the flesh of the heart...
In the core of man's created and re-created being...

I too hate the "expert pronouncements" of so-called end-times speculators!

Arsenios

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It reads like verses 1 to 28 are about the apostle's life times. Verses 29 to 37 appears to be set later. The generation mentioned in verse 34 may be in the later period, but that is not absolutely clear from the passage alone. So it seems that Matthew 24 is about both the period immediately after Jesus resurrection up to the death of the last apostle chosen by Jesus Christ and also about a later time, perhaps the "end times" that fascinates many Christians in the USA and elsewhere.

Are you trying to say that the Abomination of Desolation has taken place spoken of by Daniel?

To say that in 70 AD that it took place then is to ignore other Scriptures pointing to the end times.

If Jesus was speaking to His disciples are you saying everything has come to pass?
I hope not.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Are you trying to say that the Abomination of Desolation has taken place spoken of by Daniel?

I believe that this is a late inward event in the course of one's personal spiritual development...
When that point comes, and one is holding to the Way, one is very close to the goal...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I believe that this is a late inward event in the course of one's personal spiritual journey...
When that point comes, and one is holding to the Way, one is very close to the goal...

So of course it happened in 70AD...
And in 71AD...
etc...

Arsenios

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Matthew 24:1-28 speaks for itself and no one can make it say other than what is said. Yet there is no temple now nor has there been for 1,948 years. Matthew 24:15 When you see what the prophet Daniel spoke about, the idol of the invader, set up in the temple (let the reader understand!), 16 then, let those in Judea flee to the mountains. A temple is needed, there was one in the years up to and including 70 AD but none after.

To say that in 70 AD that it took place then is to ignore other Scriptures pointing to the end times.

If Jesus was speaking to His disciples are you saying everything has come to pass?
I hope not.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 24:1-28 speaks for itself and no one can make it say other than what is said. Yet there is no temple now nor has there been for 1,948 years. Matthew 24:15 When you see what the prophet Daniel spoke about, the idol of the invader, set up in the temple (let the reader understand!), 16 then, let those in Judea flee to the mountains. A temple is needed, there was one in the years up to and including 70 AD but none after.

Ezekiel 40,41 describes the new temple that will be built in the last days.
God will have a temple exactly as described in Ezekiel’s vision.

e803bfde970e4968fb81aa0aad3f03d1.jpg

This is a rendering of what it will look like.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Ezekiel 40,41 describes the new temple that will be built in the last days.
God will have a temple exactly as described in Ezekiel’s vision.

e803bfde970e4968fb81aa0aad3f03d1.jpg

This is a rendering of what it will look like.

Do you really expect a temple the size mentioned in that passage?
Ezekiel40:1 In the twenty-fifth year of our captivity, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month, fourteen years after Jerusalem had been taken, the hand of Yahweh was upon me. 2 In a divine vision he took me away, to the land of Israel; and put me down on a very high mountain, on the south of which there seemed to be built a city. 3 He took me to it; and there, I saw a man who seemed to be made of bronze. He had a flax cord and a measuring rod in his hand, and was standing in the gateway. 4 The man said to me, “Son of man, look carefully, listen closely, and pay attention to everything I show you, since they brought you here, for me to show it to you. Tell the people of Israel everything that you see.” 5 The house was surrounded with a wall; and the man was holding a measuring rod that was three meters long (six great cubits). He measured the thickness of this construction—one rod; and its height—one rod. 6 He went to the east gate, climbed the steps and measured its threshold: one rod deep. 7 Each guardroom, one rod by one rod; and the walls between the guardrooms, five cubits thick; 8 and the threshold of the gate inward from the porch of the gate, one rod. 9 He measured the porch of the gate, eight cubits; its jambs, two cubits; the porch of the gate was at the inner end. 10 There were three guardrooms on each side of the east gate, all three the same size; the walls between them, all the same thickness on each side. 11 He measured the width of the entrance, ten cubits; and the width all down the gateway, thirteen cubits. 12 There was a rail in front of the guardrooms; each rail on either side was one cubit. And the guardrooms on either side were six cubits square. 13 He measured the width of the gate, from the back wall of one guardroom to the back wall of the other; it was twenty-five cubits across, from window to window. 14 He measured the entrance, twenty cubits; after the porch of the gate came the outer court. 15 From the entrance end of the gate to the porch opposite, fifty cubits. 16 On each side of the gate there were windows with screens, both in the guardrooms and in the spaces between, and there were openings all around inside the porch as well; and palm trees decorating the pillars. 17 He took me through, to the outer court There were rooms, and a paved terrace, going all the way around; there were thirty rooms on this terrace. 18 This terrace, which came right up to the sides of the gates and matched their depth, is the Lower Terrace. 19 He measured across the outer court, from the lower gate to the outside of the inner court, a hundred cubits. 20 He measured the length and breadth of the north gate of the outer court. 21 It had three guardrooms on each side; the thickness of the walls between them, and its porch too, all measured the same as those of the fi rst gate, fi fty cubits by twenty-fi ve cubits. 22 Its windows, its entrance and its palm-tree decoration all measured the same as those of the east gate. There were seven steps up to it, and its porch was at the inner end. 23 In the inner court there was, opposite the north gate, a gate, like the one opposite the east gate. He measured the distance from one gate to the other: a hundred cubits. 24 He took me to the south, and there was a gate to the south gate; he measured its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls and porch; they were of the same dimensions as the others. 25 All around it and its entrance were windows, like the other windows; it measured fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits, 26 and it had seven steps up to it; its entrance was at the inner end and had palm-tree decorations on its pillars, one on each side. 27 The inner court had a southern gate; he measured the distance southward from one gate to the other: a hundred cubits. 28 He then took me into the inner court by the south gate; he measured the south gate which was the same size as the others. 29 Its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls and entrance all measured the same as the others. 30 Its entrance had windows all around. It measured fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits. Its entrance, measured in all, all around, was twenty-five cubits by five cubits. 31 The entrance gave on to the outer court. It had palm trees on its pillars, each side, and eight steps leading up to it. 32 He took me to the east gate and measured it. It was the same size as the others. 33 Its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls, its entrance, all measured the same as the others. The gate and its entrance had windows all around. Its area was fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits. 34 Its porch gave on to the outer court. There were palm trees on its pillars on either side, and eight steps leading up to it. 35 He took me to the north gate and measured it. Its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls and its entrance, all measured the same as the others. 36 It had windows all around. Its area was fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits. 37 Its entrance gave on to the outer court. There were palm trees on its pillars on either side, and eight steps leading up to it. 38 There was a room entered from the entrance of the gates. It was here, that they had to wash the holocaust. 39 And on either side of the entrance of the gate there were two tables, for slaughtering the burnt offering, the sacrifice for sin, and the sacrifice of repayment. 40 Going northward up to the gate, there were two tables outside, and two more tables at the entrance end of the gate. 41 There were four tables on the inside and four tables on the outside of the entrance; in all, eight tables on which the sacrifices were offered. 42 There were also four tables of dressed stone, for burnt offerings, a cubit and a half long, a cubit and a half wide and a cubit high, on which were put all the things necessary for killing the burnt offering and the sacrifices. 43 Rims, a hand breadth broad, went all around the top; and on these tables was put the flesh of the offerings. 44 He took me into the inner court; there were two lodges in the inner court; one, at the side of the north gate, facing south; the other, at the side of the south gate, facing north. 45 He told me, “The lodge looking south is for the priests in charge of the temple, 46 and the lodge looking north is for the priests who serve the altar. These are the sons of Zadok, the only sons of Levi who approach Yahweh to serve him.” 47 He measured the inner court. It was square, a hundred cubits by a hundred cubits, with the altar in front of the house. 48 He took me to the hall of the house and measured its door pillars—five cubits each side; and the width of the entrance was fourteen cubits, with a three-cubit wall each side. 49 The Hall was twenty cubits by twelve cubits. There were ten steps leading up to it; and there were columns by the door pillars, one on each side.
And animal sacrifices? Do you believe that God will command animal sacrifices again? Why? What good is the blood of bulls, and goats, and sheep, and heifers? Can the blood of animals cleans the consciences of those who come to worship will the blood of animals speak better than the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ? What good will a temple do when the temple of the Holy Spirit is with Christians already why look for a building made by human hands when a better temple already exists?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you really expect a temple the size mentioned in that passage?
Ezekiel40:1 In the twenty-fifth year of our captivity, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month, fourteen years after Jerusalem had been taken, the hand of Yahweh was upon me. 2 In a divine vision he took me away, to the land of Israel; and put me down on a very high mountain, on the south of which there seemed to be built a city. 3 He took me to it; and there, I saw a man who seemed to be made of bronze. He had a flax cord and a measuring rod in his hand, and was standing in the gateway. 4 The man said to me, “Son of man, look carefully, listen closely, and pay attention to everything I show you, since they brought you here, for me to show it to you. Tell the people of Israel everything that you see.” 5 The house was surrounded with a wall; and the man was holding a measuring rod that was three meters long (six great cubits). He measured the thickness of this construction—one rod; and its height—one rod. 6 He went to the east gate, climbed the steps and measured its threshold: one rod deep. 7 Each guardroom, one rod by one rod; and the walls between the guardrooms, five cubits thick; 8 and the threshold of the gate inward from the porch of the gate, one rod. 9 He measured the porch of the gate, eight cubits; its jambs, two cubits; the porch of the gate was at the inner end. 10 There were three guardrooms on each side of the east gate, all three the same size; the walls between them, all the same thickness on each side. 11 He measured the width of the entrance, ten cubits; and the width all down the gateway, thirteen cubits. 12 There was a rail in front of the guardrooms; each rail on either side was one cubit. And the guardrooms on either side were six cubits square. 13 He measured the width of the gate, from the back wall of one guardroom to the back wall of the other; it was twenty-five cubits across, from window to window. 14 He measured the entrance, twenty cubits; after the porch of the gate came the outer court. 15 From the entrance end of the gate to the porch opposite, fifty cubits. 16 On each side of the gate there were windows with screens, both in the guardrooms and in the spaces between, and there were openings all around inside the porch as well; and palm trees decorating the pillars. 17 He took me through, to the outer court There were rooms, and a paved terrace, going all the way around; there were thirty rooms on this terrace. 18 This terrace, which came right up to the sides of the gates and matched their depth, is the Lower Terrace. 19 He measured across the outer court, from the lower gate to the outside of the inner court, a hundred cubits. 20 He measured the length and breadth of the north gate of the outer court. 21 It had three guardrooms on each side; the thickness of the walls between them, and its porch too, all measured the same as those of the fi rst gate, fi fty cubits by twenty-fi ve cubits. 22 Its windows, its entrance and its palm-tree decoration all measured the same as those of the east gate. There were seven steps up to it, and its porch was at the inner end. 23 In the inner court there was, opposite the north gate, a gate, like the one opposite the east gate. He measured the distance from one gate to the other: a hundred cubits. 24 He took me to the south, and there was a gate to the south gate; he measured its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls and porch; they were of the same dimensions as the others. 25 All around it and its entrance were windows, like the other windows; it measured fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits, 26 and it had seven steps up to it; its entrance was at the inner end and had palm-tree decorations on its pillars, one on each side. 27 The inner court had a southern gate; he measured the distance southward from one gate to the other: a hundred cubits. 28 He then took me into the inner court by the south gate; he measured the south gate which was the same size as the others. 29 Its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls and entrance all measured the same as the others. 30 Its entrance had windows all around. It measured fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits. Its entrance, measured in all, all around, was twenty-five cubits by five cubits. 31 The entrance gave on to the outer court. It had palm trees on its pillars, each side, and eight steps leading up to it. 32 He took me to the east gate and measured it. It was the same size as the others. 33 Its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls, its entrance, all measured the same as the others. The gate and its entrance had windows all around. Its area was fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits. 34 Its porch gave on to the outer court. There were palm trees on its pillars on either side, and eight steps leading up to it. 35 He took me to the north gate and measured it. Its guardrooms, the thickness of its walls and its entrance, all measured the same as the others. 36 It had windows all around. Its area was fifty cubits by twenty-five cubits. 37 Its entrance gave on to the outer court. There were palm trees on its pillars on either side, and eight steps leading up to it. 38 There was a room entered from the entrance of the gates. It was here, that they had to wash the holocaust. 39 And on either side of the entrance of the gate there were two tables, for slaughtering the burnt offering, the sacrifice for sin, and the sacrifice of repayment. 40 Going northward up to the gate, there were two tables outside, and two more tables at the entrance end of the gate. 41 There were four tables on the inside and four tables on the outside of the entrance; in all, eight tables on which the sacrifices were offered. 42 There were also four tables of dressed stone, for burnt offerings, a cubit and a half long, a cubit and a half wide and a cubit high, on which were put all the things necessary for killing the burnt offering and the sacrifices. 43 Rims, a hand breadth broad, went all around the top; and on these tables was put the flesh of the offerings. 44 He took me into the inner court; there were two lodges in the inner court; one, at the side of the north gate, facing south; the other, at the side of the south gate, facing north. 45 He told me, “The lodge looking south is for the priests in charge of the temple, 46 and the lodge looking north is for the priests who serve the altar. These are the sons of Zadok, the only sons of Levi who approach Yahweh to serve him.” 47 He measured the inner court. It was square, a hundred cubits by a hundred cubits, with the altar in front of the house. 48 He took me to the hall of the house and measured its door pillars—five cubits each side; and the width of the entrance was fourteen cubits, with a three-cubit wall each side. 49 The Hall was twenty cubits by twelve cubits. There were ten steps leading up to it; and there were columns by the door pillars, one on each side.
And animal sacrifices? Do you believe that God will command animal sacrifices again? Why? What good is the blood of bulls, and goats, and sheep, and heifers? Can the blood of animals cleans the consciences of those who come to worship will the blood of animals speak better than the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ? What good will a temple do when the temple of the Holy Spirit is with Christians already why look for a building made by human hands when a better temple already exists?
Interesting, what does Revelation say about the millenial and the temple

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Interesting, what does Revelation say about the millenial and the temple

In the Apocalypse of saint John the theologian the temple is in heaven and there are no animal sacrifices just the lamb of God who was slain which is, of course, a reference to the lord Jesus Christ. There's no temple in Earthly Jerusalem. There isn't even a temple in the new Jerusalem that descends from heaven because God dwells in that city and there's no need for a temple in it.
Revelation 21:22 I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God, Master of the universe, and the Lamb, are themselves its temple. 23 The city has no need of the light of the sun or the moon, since God’s glory is its light and the Lamb is its lamp.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
OK not looking at my bible but I was thinking that there was an earthly temple and that the nations were commanded to come up once a year or be cursed

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
OK not looking at my bible but I was thinking that there was an earthly temple and that the nations were commanded to come up once a year or be cursed

Not in the Apocalypse.

Top Bottom