Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It is reported that Kavanaugh now has the votes in the senate to be confirmed

...although IF the Dems will control of the Senate, they CAN impeach him (I didn't know that).... and every other Republican on the Court. And in the milieu we've witnessed, I would not be shocked. Let us hope the Constitution survives this.... I believe it will.

It is possible that there will be one or two more openings in the court during Trumps' term (even if he doesn't get re-elected). During the campaign, he gave a list of ALL the candidates for the supreme court from which he would choose, and true to his word, the last two have been off that list. The Dems have had 3 years to study that list...and they know IF there is another, it will be off that list. Perhaps if they have any other cards up their sleeve, they'll not wait until past the 12th hour? Oh, foolish me.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It is reported that Kavanaugh now has the votes in the senate to be confirmed
That fact alone does not change much, the fact that people ever WANTED him to have been found guilty and WANTED Dr. Ford to have been a victim tells me that something is not right and some force is shifting America out of its comfort zone and it's shakers and quakers are not very 'God fearing'...
I'm not trying to sound important or righteous over anyone, I always listen to both sides and really try to empathize with anyone whom I don't formally agree with.
My mind changes at times but when it comes to dirty tricks along with pro abortion support and with my mind on God 24/7, I just cannot and will not ignore to scratch that itch which is poisoning the political and public atmosphere of America by means of lawlessness and 'in the name of Liberty'.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's ridiculous, isn't it?

I think back on some things I did in my earlier years and wow, I could be burned at the stake by society these days! And I wasn't a party girl either.

I've been seeing some news about Molly Ringwald bringing up the movie 16 Candles and the scene about how the drunk girl was passed onto a boy to do what he wanted with her. That's pretty much what happened in the 1980s if girls got drunk. It's not right and we think about it differently now then it was thought of back then.

I still think the allegations from decades ago are frankly silly. If the young Brett Kavanaugh acted exactly as Dr Ford described we might have cause for concern, but even then we're talking something from decades ago and if he has mended his ways (and the number of women supporting him suggests very strongly that he has) there comes a point when we have to say it's no longer relevant.

As you quite rightly say, there are probably few very of us who could survive our entire life histories being examined, through the lens of today's sensibilities, and not end up crucified in the court of public opinion. Particularly when "public opinion" primarily means people who have a vested interest in discrediting you by whatever means it takes.

My concern remains over questions relating to his testimony. From what I can tell he testified that he was never a heavy drinker while some people seem to take issue with that statement. Then there's the question of just what is meant by "boof" and "devil's triangle". He said "boof" related to flatulence while some say it relates to sodomy, and "devil's triangle" was apparently a drinking game but other references suggest it refers to a threesome.

Just as the issue with Bill Clinton was less about just what Monica Lewinsky was doing under the desk and very much about whether he lied under oath, so my concern with Brett Kavanaugh isn't what he did as a young man (I was pretty silly in my younger days too) but whether he lied about it under oath.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I still think the allegations from decades ago are frankly silly.
Sexual assault is not silly.
If the young Brett Kavanaugh acted exactly as Dr Ford described we might have cause for concern, but even then we're talking something from decades ago and if he has mended his ways (and the number of women supporting him suggests very strongly that he has) there comes a point when we have to say it's no longer relevant.

As you quite rightly say, there are probably few very of us who could survive our entire life histories being examined, through the lens of today's sensibilities, and not end up crucified in the court of public opinion. Particularly when "public opinion" primarily means people who have a vested interest in discrediting you by whatever means it takes.

My concern remains over questions relating to his testimony. From what I can tell he testified that he was never a heavy drinker while some people seem to take issue with that statement. Then there's the question of just what is meant by "boof" and "devil's triangle". He said "boof" related to flatulence while some say it relates to sodomy, and "devil's triangle" was apparently a drinking game but other references suggest it refers to a threesome.

Just as the issue with Bill Clinton was less about just what Monica Lewinsky was doing under the desk and very much about whether he lied under oath, so my concern with Brett Kavanaugh isn't what he did as a young man (I was pretty silly in my younger days too) but whether he lied about it under oath.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Btw he is confirmed now, should an 8th FBI investigation need be to further prove that there is no evidence that he is guilty or are we just going to let it go this time?
Here we go...
"Guilty until proven innocent but still Guilty anyway"

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Glad that travisty and circus is over

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
...although IF the Dems will control of the Senate, they CAN impeach him (I didn't know that).... and every other Republican on the Court. And in the milieu we've witnessed, I would not be shocked. Let us hope the Constitution survives this.... I believe it will.

It is possible that there will be one or two more openings in the court during Trumps' term (even if he doesn't get re-elected). During the campaign, he gave a list of ALL the candidates for the supreme court from which he would choose, and true to his word, the last two have been off that list. The Dems have had 3 years to study that list...and they know IF there is another, it will be off that list. Perhaps if they have any other cards up their sleeve, they'll not wait until past the 12th hour? Oh, foolish me.

If they really do play the impeachment card all they will do is destroy just about everything. If they impeach him, why stop at just him? And what response should be expected from the Republicans when the balance swings back? They'll just impeach all the liberal Supreme Justices and replace them with conservatives. If anything all they will trigger is even more violent shifts in the political landscape. It would seem like it's not very far away from the concept of burning all the history books that tell the "wrong" side of things.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I hesitate to predict too narrowly, but you are onto something.

If we look back, each time one or the other party does something that previously was considered to be unprecedented, the other party then returns the favor by making that new status quo work for them in some way. Unfortunately, there is little to restrain the Left since it looks favorably on the idea of uprooting American system of government.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I thank God for Brett Kavanough's Senate Confirmation...

And thereby for its repudiation of the leftist politics of hate and character assasination...

Arsenios

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thank God for Brett Kavanough's Senate Confirmation...

And thereby for its repudiation of the leftist politics of hate and character assasination...

Arsenios

Sadly I don't think it will do anything of the sort. If the hard left are serious in their claims, the next time they take control of enough of the government they'll be on a mission to impeach everybody they can. And if that happens it's hard to see the country turning into much more than a tinpot banana republic where every new leader immediately removes everybody from any position of power and surrounds themselves with a group of their own yes-men.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sadly I don't think it will do anything of the sort. If the hard left are serious in their claims, the next time they take control of enough of the government they'll be on a mission to impeach everybody they can. And if that happens it's hard to see the country turning into much more than a tinpot banana republic where every new leader immediately removes everybody from any position of power and surrounds themselves with a group of their own yes-men.

Exactly
The left are now known dirty fighters, if they get in power America will be under a democracy and there is no chance for a reversal, the way they play we might as well pack up our bags like 'lot' and let them be destroyed albeit by themselves... im sorry but according to the OT especially we are forewarned and given plenty of examples of degeneration -which I am afraid is happening in America quite swiftly at this very moment.
Anyone catch the senate vote stream? They were clawing the doors on the outside and their screams sounded like demons being tormented in hell, you could hear it in the room! Very scary to know that this is how close they are to power, literally clawing and banging on the doors from the outside and screaming to get it.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Most USA states do not have the climate to grow bananas.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Most USA states do not have the climate to grow bananas.
I have several banana trees :)
They look like little green puff cheetos but that's because they are all natural

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It just. Doesn't. Stop.

Roberts Refers Judicial Misconduct Complaints Against Kavanaugh to Federal Appeals Court in Colorado

These "complaints" have nothing to do with Kavanaugh's time as a Federal judge or otherwise, but with "dishonesty" and "lack of Judicial temperament" during his confirmation hearing. As the article says, the point is moot. He's been sworn in.

Moot it is but not irrelevant. Events ran ahead and he is confirmed. That is a done deed which evidently cannot be undone. Yet his temperament and his honesty are relevant. They will rise up again and again as long as he sits as a justice of the SCOTUS.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Arent you forgetting, Roberts is Republican and conservative so I guess this means he did what he thought was proper

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Moot it is but not irrelevant. Events ran ahead and he is confirmed. That is a done deed which evidently cannot be undone. Yet his temperament and his honesty are relevant. They will rise up again and again as long as he sits as a justice of the SCOTUS.
What temperament?

Top Bottom