Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I was saddened to learn of John McCains passing. This man was a true class act, a hero, a patriot, a man who dedicated himself to service to this country and the people in it. He will be sorely missed, a true gentleman.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I was saddened to learn of John McCains passing. This man was a true class act, a hero, a patriot, a man who dedicated himself to service to this country and the people in it. He will be sorely missed, a true gentleman.

Yes, he did seem to be an excellent politician with considerable personal integrity. He will be missed in the Senate and in the nation.

It is sad that the draft dodging man in the oval office today besmirched his reputation. It reflects poorly on the Mr Trump but he is already so tarnished by his own actions that this shameful act is just one more grain of sand in the vast dune of faults he has built.

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, he did seem to be an excellent politician with considerable personal integrity. It is sad that the draft dodging map in the oval office today besmirched his reputation. It reflects poorly on the Mr Trump but he is already so tarnished by his own actions that this shameful act is just one more grain of sand in the vast dune of faults he has built.

Way to stomp all over Psalms message. :(

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Prayers for his family. :pray:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I really liked him; he was such a fair person to all!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, he is missed I am sure

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This is a serious question, simply because I'm not familiar with the man other than knowing he stood for President in 2008. Can someone give details as to why they liked him? Needless to say I've heard some good things about him and some bad things, although both sides have mostly used a lot of generic terms.

Since this is a thread about his passing, I'd ask that people refrain from giving reasons why they didn't like him. I'm just looking for specifics about why people did like him, respect him or otherwise hold a positive opinion ofhim.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I respected his courage, he was a vet who was a prisioner of war in Hanoi where he was tortured and kept in solitary and was held for 5 years. At one point they ( the North Vietnamese) learned his father was an admiral and offered to release him but he refused until everyone there was also released. Shows the character of this man and the rest of his life was given in service as a Senator. Wheteher I agreed with his positions or not he was a man that stood tall among men. He was respected by both sides politically which also says a lot about the man. All in all a true class act

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I respected his courage, he was a vet who was a prisioner of war in Hanoi where he was tortured and kept in solitary and was held for 5 years. At one point they ( the North Vietnamese) learned his father was an admiral and offered to release him but he refused until everyone there was also released. Shows the character of this man and the rest of his life was given in service as a Senator. Wheteher I agreed with his positions or not he was a man that stood tall among men. He was respected by both sides politically which also says a lot about the man. All in all a true class act
Very good! I agree! and I felt he was for everyone. Here is more on JM: https://www.biography.com/people/john-mccain-9542249

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
From the article:

We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe

How very true. Thanks for the link.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Top Bottom