Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
1 John 4:8-11 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
8 The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 God’s love was revealed among us in this way:[a] God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another

If God's goal is for us to love each other then it makes sense that the devil's is to cause division, hatred and strife. In fact, many churches have died due to the result of church leaders and members turning in on each other and treating each other with contempt and scorn. I have seen this myself. The devil is not afraid of a church like this. it has already lost it's witness. But, the church alive, the church that loves God and puts him first and loves others is a church that the devil is truly afraid of. It has positioned itself to do great work for God. And if you love God and others as you should you also position yourself to be a powerful tool in His hand.

In what ways are you loving God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?

how are you loving your neighbor as yourself? What needs to change in order to keep that command?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
1 John 4:8-11 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
8 The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 God’s love was revealed among us in this way:[a] God sent His One and Only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Dear friends, if God loved us in this way, we also must love one another

If God's goal is for us to love each other then it makes sense that the devil's is to cause division, hatred and strife. In fact, many churches have died due to the result of church leaders and members turning in on each other and treating each other with contempt and scorn. I have seen this myself. The devil is not afraid of a church like this. it has already lost it's witness. But, the church alive, the church that loves God and puts him first and loves others is a church that the devil is truly afraid of. It has positioned itself to do great work for God. And if you love God and others as you should you also position yourself to be a powerful tool in His hand.

In what ways are you loving God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?

how are you loving your neighbor as yourself? What needs to change in order to keep that command?

The Great Commandment ("Love one another as I have first loved you") is of course given to CHRISTIANS....

It's Law (hey, it's a COMMANDMENT!) and Law is never fully achievable but is a goal ("NOT that I have already become perfect, but I press on to make it my own"). We cannot love all 7.5 billion people on the planet exactly the same way and to the same extent that Jesus first loved on in the Passion and on the Cross.... but it is the goal in front of us and we are to make that our Mission Statement.

Top Bottom