Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Besides God, is there someone who helped form your Christian beliefs or guided you along your spiritual journey?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Excellent question, Lamm. I will have to give this some thought. Its probably not the obvious answer like Mom or a teacher.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Excellent question, Lamm. I will have to give this some thought. Its probably not the obvious answer like Mom or a teacher.

My mom of course began my path and taught me but I have to say that a pastor I came across on some online forums many years ago opened my eyes to distinguishing properly between Law and Gospel. I was taught Law and Gospel from a young age but it really became clear as well as Objective Justification once I read that man's posts. It was so obvious that Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins. It's something most people make the claim of but then remove it by saying they still need to appease God in some manner or make amends. They get it in a small way but miss out in the most important way.

Pr. Donald Kirchner is that pastor's name. I don't see him posting as often as he used to and that makes me sad.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Many, so many. A woman now dead called Mom Gearhart who did street ministry and owned a pizza shop. She was a large influance on me and also a pastor by the name of Marvin Cole who has more knowledge than anyone I have ever met. He walks what he preachs and is a living example of Gods love

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Numerous people including my parents and many fellow church members and youth leaders when I was a teenager

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Besides God, is there someone who helped form your Christian beliefs or guided you along your spiritual journey?

YOU were one, Lamm.....

When I came to CF, some 13 years ago or so.... I was in transition.... with lots of hurts and lots of questions..... and with an interest in Lutheranism (among other theologies) .... and not sure if perhaps I should reconnect with Catholicism. I went to the Lutheran forum at CF (among other places) and (sadly) met with a LOT of disrespect and anger (one such Lutheran ended up becoming VERY powerful at CF and hunted me from then on, like prey). YOU were one of the FEW who listened... cared.... shared important insights.

I'll never forget that.

There certainly were others very important in the new, blessed direction in my life, but you were among them. And you have befriended and supported me ever since.

Thank you.

- Josiah

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
YOU were one, Lamm.....

When I came to CF, some 13 years ago or so.... I was in transition.... with lots of hurts and lots of questions..... and with an interest in Lutheranism (among other theologies) .... and not sure if perhaps I should reconnect with Catholicism. I went to the Lutheran forum at CF (among other places) and (sadly) met with a LOT of disrespect and anger (one such Lutheran ended up becoming VERY powerful at CF and hunted me from then on, like prey). YOU were one of the FEW who listened... cared.... shared important insights.

I'll never forget that.

There certainly were others very important in the new, blessed direction in my life, but you were among them. And you have befriended and supported me ever since.

Thank you.

- Josiah

Aw, much love, Josiah. We've had the conversation before and I had no idea I was helping...I thought I was picking on you just like everyone else! :huh:

craftyboss7

Religious Affiliation
Agnostic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
YOU were one, Lamm.....

I'll never forget that.

Thank you.

- Josiah

Hi. What is CF?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi. What is CF?

.... a website to avoid, lol. At one time, 15 years ago or so, it was by far the largest and most respected ecumenical Christian discussion forum... and several of us here met there (several of us were on Staff there). But all that has changed (many times, lol). THIS, beleive me, is a far, far better site.

Lamm was one of the first people I engaged with at that site, so long ago. I don't recall if she was on staff then or not, although she (and I) were soon after we met. It was a very critical time in my spiritual life, a "kairos", and there were 3-4 there at that website way back then who listened and cared and helped me.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
.... a website to avoid, lol. At one time, 15 years ago or so, it was by far the largest and most respected ecumenical Christian discussion forum... and several of us here met there (several of us were on Staff there). But all that has changed (many times, lol). THIS, beleive me, is a far, far better site.

Lamm was one of the first people I engaged with at that site, so long ago. I don't recall if she was on staff then or not, although she (and I) were soon after we met. It was a very critical time in my spiritual life, a "kairos", and there were 3-4 there at that website way back then who listened and cared and helped me.

I don't remember either if I was on staff at that time. I was on staff 2 different times. Maybe 3? I forget. It's been so long. I have a lot of friends from back then who still keep in touch on FB even though we don't visit that site any more.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
In 2008 I believe, I was online defending a rockstar who died of suicide from an evangelical who told me that this rockstar was an agent of the devil. He emailed me and I allowed him to send me some dvds one being a 4 hour documentary "they sold their souls for rock n roll"... when it came in I didn't even open the package for years. Then one day I popped it in out of boredom and it did effect me, I saw how degenerate the world had become especially in western civilization and culture. It helped me open my mind to the possibility of God as an atheist.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Two people in particular - my great grandmother and 'Ted C.', a "spiritual mentor" of mine many years ago.

Top Bottom