Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Could it be because you're exposed to more people now with the new job?

Yes, it could be. I'm averaging about 28 contacts a week now and before it was closer to 6 or 7.
I just picked up my Tamiflu from pharmacy.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, it could be. I'm averaging about 28 contacts a week now and before it was closer to 6 or 7.
I just picked up my Tamiflu from pharmacy.

Since you are taking it within 24 hours it should be really effective :) You'll feel better soon!

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Listening to music

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What do you use to listen to music? I use youtube a lot when I'm home, but in the car its mainly spotify
Im joining this conversation lol
Im a premium subscriber to both spotify and youtube red, i love spotify for the drive and youtube red for home. Where spotify lacks I can find it on youtube and vise versa, its rare but I sometimes have to buy physical albums from amazon.
Im a music guy, a musician at heart, considering Austin TX as I was once (10 years ago) asked to play SXSW but I skipped town that year. Im about an hour away but I havnt been there for years, yeah but anyway lol music is awesome except when its vulgar, then its just trash that poisons the world

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Fun WIth Boxes today. I used the regular table saw blade to cut the joints I needed for another attempt at a box, and this time everything is pretty much square. I have a very slight overhand on the edges but everything is well balanced so I'm going to leave it as it is.

I also saw what happens when my table saw grabs an offcut. I know it can happen, and know to stay out of the way so it doesn't cause issues (and also wear eye protection, even if more for sawdust than flying offcuts). Today I cut a piece of 1/4" plywood, leaving an offcut about 2" wide and 6" long on the other side of the blade. I took the cut piece (the bit I wanted to keep) away and with that the blade grabbed the offcut and threw it across my workshop. It's the first time my saw has ever actually managed to do that. It's tried to kick the workpiece a few times, but that's to be expected given the way it works. It was interesting to see the curved cut across the top of the offcut and just how far it was thrown.

Later on I was cutting a small nock out of the corner of another piece, so I knew that when the cut was finished the small piece would be free to fly. And fly it did... like an arrow aimed at the wall. That was interesting to see... I knew it was likely to happen so took extra care to stand out of the way of it.

From the time I first fired up my table saw my wife noticed it was the tool I respected more than any of the others, and for good reason.

On a more positive note, my new pretty box is sitting in my workshop, glued and clamped. I also made a small add-on for the front of it, which is also glued and clamped. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can't glue the two parts together.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Hash making today. I've done it with strong alcohol, but this time I'm going to try something new. Citric acid extraction. Just that, and vinegar, a jar and time. Should be an interesting experiment and useful if it works.

Product to be hash extracted: Basil - since I have no small amount of it and do not use it all that much.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Posting and listening to a tv.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
watching the news and posting

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What do you use to listen to music? I use youtube a lot when I'm home, but in the car its mainly spotify

KLove is what I listen to. :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
KLove is what I listen to. :)

I don't like listening to a lot of commercial, so I generally don't listen to the radio. The church I visited today gave out a free gift to first time visitors. it was a CD of their praise band

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Binge watching 'Storage Wars'
911EpgEpYML._UX385_.jpg

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Busy day, leading the service at church, then some errands, then friends for dinner.

The next couple of days are going to be intense too.... got to move a load of furniture so I can pull down a wall, which I'll then have to patch before I can do much else. I need to clear some space in another room to house the more sensitive things (computers, precision tools etc), then move furniture away from the wall that's getting wrecked, and cover it all in dust sheets that are taped to stop the fine dust getting into everything.

The next day's job is to pull down an entire wall, bag up the trash and take it over to the part of te house that's in demolition mode, gather up the laths and take them away, clean up the mess (and there will be a lot of mess to clean up). I'll need a load of fiberglass at the ready as I'm expecting to find a load of gaps in the wall that will need attention, that I'll then need to fill. Before I start the demolition I need to cut up a concrete block into strips, so I've got something ready to fill the larger gaps I'm expecting to find. I've got a supply of building foam that I'm expecting to need. I just hope I'll have enough ready that I can break the back of the job within a couple of days.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Busy day, leading the service at church, then some errands, then friends for dinner.

The next couple of days are going to be intense too.... got to move a load of furniture so I can pull down a wall, which I'll then have to patch before I can do much else. I need to clear some space in another room to house the more sensitive things (computers, precision tools etc), then move furniture away from the wall that's getting wrecked, and cover it all in dust sheets that are taped to stop the fine dust getting into everything.

The next day's job is to pull down an entire wall, bag up the trash and take it over to the part of te house that's in demolition mode, gather up the laths and take them away, clean up the mess (and there will be a lot of mess to clean up). I'll need a load of fiberglass at the ready as I'm expecting to find a load of gaps in the wall that will need attention, that I'll then need to fill. Before I start the demolition I need to cut up a concrete block into strips, so I've got something ready to fill the larger gaps I'm expecting to find. I've got a supply of building foam that I'm expecting to need. I just hope I'll have enough ready that I can break the back of the job within a couple of days.

I don't know how you find the time to do all this work?

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Today was a bit of shopping, converting a pot into a mini greenhouse, beer making and a handful of veggie burgers to freeze for later consumption. Started as an experiment, but the yield was more than I thought. A cup of rolled oats, half cup of flax seeds, a few spices and some water went further than I thought.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Binge watch - Canada's Worst Driver

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i'm doing laundry

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In the community room waiting to play games with hubby and friends. Also listening to Air1. (Jordans favorite, mines Klove)

JPPT1974

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Watching the Olympics and on the internet.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't know how you find the time to do all this work?

Shifting other things out of the way as required....

Been a zany busy few days. Rearranged one room to take a load of stuff from the study, then moved out most of what was in the study. That was an experience, trying to clear my assorted work pieces away without getting everything muddled up. Next up is to move the computer gear out and move the furniture around ready to pull down the wall. This is going to have to be a far more contained job, as it's in the part of the house we're living in, so I'll need to use a hefty fan to blow dust out of the windows and seal around the doors to minimise the amount of dust that gets through. I'll also have my HEPA-equipped shop vac on standby ready to clean up when I'm done, and most likely a change of clothes right outside so I can dump my dusty work clothes straight into the laundry rather than having to walk through the house shedding dust everywhere.

It's a little slower than I'd hoped, because I ended up taking a morning out to fix some stuff with the computer at church, and then my wife invited some friends around for dinner. It was great hanging with our friends, but meant I had to stop work and clean up earlier than I expected. Thankfully I could do some lighter work after they had gone, without getting sweaty and sticky and needing another shower.

As an aside I finally found a way to connect my miter saw to my rudimentary dust collector. It was unfeasibly difficult to find a standard fitting that connected to the back of it but at my local hardware store I grabbed a couple of connectors that looked like they might be about the right size and it turned out one was a snug fit. So now I can connect my 2" hose to the apparently non-standard connector on the back of the saw. That alone saves me having to empty a little cloth bag without just spraying the dust over the floor. Although there is something strangely satisfying about cutting a honking great lump of wood and seeing sawdust dropping out of the 90-degree attachment I put on the end of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom