Mary ... (discussion with non-Catholic Christians allowed)

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
aah well when i first clicked on this thread i did not see the catholic only tag ..

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
aah well when i first clicked on this thread i did not see the catholic only tag ..

I make them Catholic only because I do not want to turn them into pityless pointless debates.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I make them Catholic only because I do not want to turn them into pityless pointless debates.

So what IS your intent in copying/pasting this LONG opinion of the individual RC Denomination? You simply HOPE some docilic, obedient Catholic will post "yup?" Do you regard it entirely, wholly, completely irrelevant whether this long opinion of your individual, exclusive denomination is true?

:confused:

:dunno:

- Josiah

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So what IS your intent...

The intention is to inform and to promote discussion among Catholic Christians on this important topic.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The intention is to inform and to promote discussion among Catholic Christians on this important topic.

Do you expect docilic Catholics to disagree with the LONG copy/paste?

Do you expect docilic Catholics to engage in whether it's actually true or just what is uniquely taught by the singular RC Denomination?

So, you think you NEED to INFORM Catholics about Mary; that Catholics perhaps reading the LONG copy/paste will learn something they did not know about their individual denomination?

:confused:

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I felt it was better to move some posts from the thread:

Mary ...

to a new thread here so that the flow of the original is not interrupted, yet Christians of all denominations could make comments and ask questions, etc.

Biblicist

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
-- I deleted my post -- I realised that it did not relate to this particular forum.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

is questioning the validity of a doctrine by shining the light of the direct unambiguous word of God upon it to be considered pityless ?
that is an interesting response .

the lord Jesus said those who love truth come to the light that their deeds may be exposed .. they do not shy from it

seekingsolace

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just stop...

I have no sympathy for either side when almost every thread is being turned into direct attacks on each other.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Just stop...

I have no sympathy for either side when almost every thread is being turned into direct attacks on each other.

if there is an attack that is evident it is the attack against the truth of the bible .. you will not find me posting and promoting doctrines which plainly do not exist in the bible .
im sorry if it upsets some peoples idealistic nicey pie world of fake cotton wool and comfort . but a lie will kill you eternally and speaking the truth will get you killed by the liars . awake to the reality of the Christian faith ...

acroding to the bible -

mary is not divine - that is a lie
she is not eh queen of heaven - there is no true queen of heaven it is a blasphemous title
she is nit a perpetual virgin -that is a lie
she is not a co mediator -that is a lie

there is no truth in these doctrines or many other rcc doctrines and no biblical basis for them .
they are absolutely unacceptable teachings of Apostasy . apostasy is knowing the truth from what is plainly written in the scripture and then knowingly teaching things in opposition to that truth and refusing to repent of doing so .

seekingsolace

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if there is an attack that is evident it is the attack against the truth of the bible .. you will not find me posting and promoting doctrines which plainly do not exist in the bible .
im sorry if it upsets some peoples idealistic nicey pie world of fake cotton wool and comfort . but a lie will kill you eternally and speaking the truth will get you killed by the liars . awake to the reality of the Christian faith ...
What becomes apparent is people aren't acting in the manner instructed and demonstrated in the Bible. Disagreeing with doctrine is fine, using it as an excuse for anger and hatred is not.

Consider the way disagreement should be worded, and make sure your emotions don't lead you into sin.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What becomes apparent is people aren't acting in the manner instructed and demonstrated in the Bible. Disagreeing with doctrine is fine, using it as an excuse for anger and hatred is not.

Consider the way disagreement should be worded, and make sure your emotions don't lead you into sin.

this is a serious accusation - please highlight where hate or anger is used . stating the truth in agreement with the written word of god is neither anger nor hatred ..it is love .for true love will never lie to us nor lead us to believe a lie to our destruction .

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
while it matters intensely . those who do not wish to see it will refuse to see it .. but those who hunger and thirst after righteousness ..they will be filled .

this is my 2nd to last post here .

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

seekingsolace

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this is a serious accusation - please highlight where hate or anger is used . stating the truth in agreement with the written word of god is neither anger nor hatred ..it is love .for true love will never lie to us nor lead us to believe a lie to our destruction .

I'm not here to tarnish your character. I do think you set out with all good intentions, and have tried to keep to that. We all at times get lost in heated disputes.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Just stop...

The thread that I started is called Mary ... and it attacks no one, disparages no one, makes no one into an enemy.

seekingsolace

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thread that I started is called Mary ... and it attacks no one, disparages no one, makes no one into an enemy.

My statement was a general one, not specifically.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
My statement was a general one, not specifically.

It bothers me a little to be seen as one side or the other in a discussion in which I really do not have a stake. The thread I created is "Catholic Only" and it does not attack anybody.

seekingsolace

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It bothers me a little to be seen as one side or the other in a discussion in which I really do not have a stake. The thread I created is "Catholic Only" and it does not attack anybody.

Like I said it was a general statement. You cannot deny there is a constant back-and-forth.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Like I said it was a general statement. You cannot deny there is a constant back-and-forth.

This thread is a discussion thread started by Mark (with good intentions and nothing bad in it) so I have not participated in it until now. The posts from me at the beginning of the thread were from the "Catholics Only" Mary ..." thread where debate was not the aim.

Top Bottom