Lipstick Argument

Vanilla

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Just a little background, my elder sister is a bit of a fashionista and is really good at make-ups, clothes and is pretty.
Anyway, ever since she resigned from her previous work in our hometown, and decided to work and stay here with me (in a more urban city), she and her boyfriend (who is still in our hometown), are now in a
"Long Distance Relationship".

So a few days ago, she told me about them fighting over her lipstick color, that her bf doesn't want her wearing red because she looks provocative and "slutty" - which of course made her angry.
Well, imho, when I looked at her get up, she looked fine, her lips looked fine, and why is her bf trying to control the way she wear make-up anyway?

What do you guys think? They haven't been together long, and I know this seems petty, but if he's being demeaning and controlling, I don't want him for my sister. <_<
Also, how can red lips be provocative? what does that even mean? Do guys find it too sexy or what? It wasn't like she was wearing micro mini skirt. Geez. :banghead"

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think she really needs to consider another boyfriend as he sounds controlling and insecure

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yeah could be a red flag. She should keep an eye out for other such behavior..

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Celibacy has a lot to recommend it :p

Last edited:

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Just a little background, my elder sister is a bit of a fashionista and is really good at make-ups, clothes and is pretty.
Anyway, ever since she resigned from her previous work in our hometown, and decided to work and stay here with me (in a more urban city), she and her boyfriend (who is still in our hometown), are now in a
"Long Distance Relationship".

So a few days ago, she told me about them fighting over her lipstick color, that her bf doesn't want her wearing red because she looks provocative and "slutty" - which of course made her angry.
Well, imho, when I looked at her get up, she looked fine, her lips looked fine, and why is her bf trying to control the way she wear make-up anyway?

What do you guys think? They haven't been together long, and I know this seems petty, but if he's being demeaning and controlling, I don't want him for my sister. <_<
Also, how can red lips be provocative? what does that even mean? Do guys find it too sexy or what? It wasn't like she was wearing micro mini skirt. Geez. :banghead"

He sounds insecure from your description. And he certainly sounds controlling. She should run,not walk, from him. If she puts up with this it will only get worse. Next she will see escalation of the verbal abuse and maybe even physical abuse.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Distance may be the cure.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
If he had asked her normal.. okay.
My ex asked me too to not wear red anymore. First I did it to look nice for him but noone wears make up here so it's more to fit in. I first thought long distance.. is he Dutch maybe? They won't say slutty I think, but it is in general not appreciated, only a tiny bit of make up you can hardly see most of the time.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Top Bottom