How many of you are dating or looking for a significant other?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel like giving up on looking for a man. I am too overweight. They will probably scream when they see me I look so big now. I am talking to one man still who is a bodybuilder and lives in my city. He told me that my weight doesn't matter to him and that I am very attractive from my pictures. But he doesn't know how fat my face has become and I don't look attractive any more. I may try and meet him for dinner and see how that goes. But I don't know if I really want a man to see me as big as I am now.
I never met a man who didn't look at the outside, but now I don't even have a picture and I get a virtual hug from a man who's almost blind. And a welcome message from one without a picture who only cares about character. What a breath of fresh air.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm gonna drink coffee with that man, he was the only one who sent me mails. I've got no idea what he looks like and I don't care. Sick and tired of those shallow guys. At least he's normal. He lives a bit too far away and has three teenagers that live with him. I'm planning on becoming Mariah from the Sound of music. I put in my pictureless profile that I was looking for someone who likes to go to the kids farm and play football, loves kids and doesn't care if it gets messy and is funny.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Hahaha oh my. Funny people on dating sites. Oh my I got my first one when I was 36. Now their dad is 57 and when he gives the kids to me it's here you have them. Glad that I have some rest. I had them a lot in the holiday and 12 days alone because he was in Brazil. When he came back I was so happy I put up: Daddy's home from Cliff Richard. I was exhausted lol. When they complain I tell them they should have taken a younger mom.

Can you imagine me a 58 year old chasing a baby around? lol. That's great you have kids. I wish I had them younger but wasn't able to. It's something I have grieved a lot in my life.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I never met a man who didn't look at the outside, but now I don't even have a picture and I get a virtual hug from a man who's almost blind. And a welcome message from one without a picture who only cares about character. What a breath of fresh air.

Yeah, that's great he only cares about character. It's hard to find ones that aren't too shallow now a days.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I'm fine with not dating as a general rule of thumb. I have medical problems and have benefits I'd lose if I were to get married.

I am in the same situation. I am looking for a man who will start out being friends.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am in the same situation. I am looking for a man who will start out being friends.
Yes not even friends just nothing. Don't want to drink coffee anymore. He said sweet so and so oh no please. Act uninterested please and say U WOT M8. The guy who has poor eyesight waits days with a message and wants to be just friends and we'll see. Great. I'll send him something.

Last edited:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes not even friends just nothing. Don't want to drink coffee anymore. He said sweet so and so oh no please. Act uninterested please and say U WOT M8. The blind guy says nothing and waits days with a message and wants to be just friends and we'll see. Great. I'll send him something.

Oh. okay.

I'm going to ask this one man if he wants to meet and when we can meet. He seems laid back although he is a big guy. But that's good we both are fat.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
That one man didn't look bad but so serious and old and he was a police officer and is very serious, I feel like if I don't like him after a cup of coffee it's like breaking an engagement. Well the other one is really funny and laid back. He has 3 percent eyesight. Don't think he's interested but I don't care. He's cute. I enjoy the moment and for the rest I'm gonna stop with this nonsense and do something useful with my life pffffff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=RDVd85aPZ-QAE&params=OAI%3D&v=Vd85aPZ-QAE

Last edited:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
If he doesn't respond within a few days I'll just leave and never visit a dating site again LOL.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Best wishes to you on your quest Messy. I took a break from the dating site. This guy doesn't show any real interest but wants me to call him and he won't call me in return. I called him twice and he has yet to call me. I'm so tired of this baloney!

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ruth, don't bother with some guy who doesn't return your calls (that's his loss). He should be the one to initiate (I know that may be an old-fashioned attitude, but I think it is proper). You deserve a man who will treat you as he should, and doesn't behave like some wet behind the ears facebook user. :)

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Mark. I talked to him twice already I forgot to say. But he never initiates anything.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks Mark. I talked to him twice already I forgot to say. But he never initiates anything.

I think a man who is interested in pursuing a relationship with a woman should be happy and willing to make that effort. :)

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I think a man who is interested in pursuing a relationship with a woman should be happy and willing to make that effort. :)

I agree. He writes back and forth with me at the dating site. I asked him if he had a problem with calling and he said no yet he never calls. But he seems really nice and laid back. I think he just wants women to call or text him all the time and I don't think anyone is doing that, including me. I should just not bother with him really.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I believe married people need to "date" their spouse just to keep the spark going. :)

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree. He writes back and forth with me at the dating site. I asked him if he had a problem with calling and he said no yet he never calls. But he seems really nice and laid back. I think he just wants women to call or text him all the time and I don't think anyone is doing that, including me. I should just not bother with him really.
Maybe he's shy and has low self esteem and needs some help.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol maybe he has Dutch ancestors. I read that if you want to date a Dutch guy you need to be blunt and tell him you like him. Lol so I did with a joke in it of course, not too blunt.
If a man initiates everything you won't have an equal relationship. My Indian ex did that and I saw him as a dad, he was much older. If you have to initiate it always I fear he's looking for a mommy. Also have experience with that lol.
I want an equal relationship this time with someone my age and where you don't have to follow rules but just can say something if you want to and not bother who said something first.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ruth, don't bother with some guy who doesn't return your calls (that's his loss). He should be the one to initiate (I know that may be an old-fashioned attitude, but I think it is proper). You deserve a man who will treat you as he should, and doesn't behave like some wet behind the ears facebook user. :)
That can be true but I don't know the guy. If Ruth hadn't initiated contact lol and she was quite clear I don't think Boaz would have done anything. The guy thought he was too old for her.

Ruth have you asked God and sat still and waited?
He can use dating sites. I was talking and talking to the wrong persons and looking and looking and on the wrong dating sites first, I tried them all, the free ones. Then all of a sudden God said: Why haven't you asked Me?
Lol I'm in a very weird situation where my ex is my pastor, reconciling would have been sin, and he prayed for me that God would send the right one.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I need to stop posting but really check it out. It works. Ask in faith. Wait for guidance. Ask for a dream and a sign and do not bother talking to someone who doesn't totally knock you off your feet. Why don't those churches help singles? I've been posting for 2 years on cf singles. Everyone is waiting. I started to think it was a sin to even want someone. Heard some good preachings on youtube too about it. He said everybody is waiting. It's not a sin to want someone. It's not bad. We just get prayed for, instructions on how to hear God.

Top Bottom