How many of you are dating or looking for a significant other?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Since this is the Singles forum I thought this would be a good question. I currently have 2 online accounts to dating sites. One is Plenty of Fish and the other is BBPmeet.com It seems hard to find someone these days. I am not overly picky but the last guy I went on a date with told me he was overweight but when I saw him he must weigh 400 pounds. I didn't reject him because of his weight but because he was overly controlling and I don't like that.

Vanilla

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Just came out from the dating scene a week ago.
This guy and I, we've been dating for a few months. But I finally decided that it's better for him and I to just be friends. :whistle:
So I'm currently not looking for any special someone or dating anyone. Which is a good thing. Less pressure and stress. :)

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it is stressful to be looking for someone. I'm sorry it didn't exactly work out how you wanted.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I went to christian cafe. Awesome. A lovely man from Los Angeles wanted to fly all the way to Holland in his private jet. He'd sail the world for me. But I had to wait half an hour for a response and that took too long so I said I wasn't interested anymore.
Then a lovely good looking man from London. Wanted to come over to Holland, of course, I mean I'm awesome, who doesn't want to fly all the way to Holland to this wonderful single mom with 3 kids and an ex who has to live 10 minutes away for the coparentship. So that was truly amazing. Lovely guy. Then all of a sudden he got banned and me too. So I take a new account, he has one too. So cute! He was looking for me. Hey wait it's his birthday again?
Ehm let me check that picture with google reverse search.
Love scammer, other one too of course. They just stole those guys pictures from Facebook. I think one was even married. My goodness. So those were my days on a dating site. I posted a song on their forum for them:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mYBSayCsH0

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I went to christian cafe. Awesome. A lovely man from Los Angeles wanted to fly all the way to Holland in his private jet. He'd sail the world for me. But I had to wait half an hour for a response and that took too long so I said I wasn't interested anymore.
Then a lovely good looking man from London. Wanted to come over to Holland, of course, I mean I'm awesome, who doesn't want to fly all the way to Holland to this wonderful single mom with 3 kids and an ex who has to live 10 minutes away for the coparentship. So that was truly amazing. Lovely guy. Then all of a sudden he got banned and me too. So I take a new account, he has one too. So cute! He was looking for me. Hey wait it's his birthday again?
Ehm let me check that picture with google reverse search.
Love scammer, other one too of course. They just stole those guys pictures from Facebook. I think one was even married. My goodness. So those were my days on a dating site. I posted a song on their forum for them:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mYBSayCsH0

I wonder if any of the guys I'm chatting with are phonies. Makes me wonder. It's unfortunate that happened to you trying to look for a man. Most of the guys I'm chatting with seem so boring. If I call any of them what will we have to talk about.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
From the old days, before some folk here were born :)

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wonder if any of the guys I'm chatting with are phonies. Makes me wonder. It's unfortunate that happened to you trying to look for a man. Most of the guys I'm chatting with seem so boring. If I call any of them what will we have to talk about.

Lol well then at least you can be sure that they're real.
They wanted to email instantly and I thought hey that is handy. Then I don't have to pay for a membership since I had a free account for a week or so. Hahaha they even warn you to not do that. No if they don't write i instead of I and god lol pretending they're a minister, yeah sure, or come with oooh you are so beautiful I will sail the ocean for you and other over the top flattering stuff, but just boring they're real hahahahaha.
I thought I could spot them because they're all Nigerians and first used their own picture in a suit. Now they just steal someone's Facebook pictures. I saw one guy posting on a veteran forum saying he was flattered that they stole his picture. A woman contacted him to tell him they were using it on dating sites. He said I hope the rest of the women are also that smart.
Lol one Nigerian gave me his Facebook page. He was a pastor. So I looked, a whole page full of pictures of himself, in a nice blue suit, a grey suit, relaxed smiling. Ehm if you're a pastor shouldn't you focus on the lost or something or at least post some nice sermons or Bible texts? My goodness. I'm not that stupid.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
From the old days, before some folk here were born :)

I grew up loving Davey Jones and listening to all of their music. Thanks for posting this.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Lol well then at least you can be sure that they're real.
They wanted to email instantly and I thought hey that is handy. Then I don't have to pay for a membership since I had a free account for a week or so. Hahaha they even warn you to not do that. No if they don't write i instead of I and god lol pretending they're a minister, yeah sure, or come with oooh you are so beautiful I will sail the ocean for you and other over the top flattering stuff, but just boring they're real hahahahaha.
I thought I could spot them because they're all Nigerians and first used their own picture in a suit. Now they just steal someone's Facebook pictures. I saw one guy posting on a veteran forum saying he was flattered that they stole his picture. A woman contacted him to tell him they were using it on dating sites. He said I hope the rest of the women are also that smart.
Lol one Nigerian gave me his Facebook page. He was a pastor. So I looked, a whole page full of pictures of himself, in a nice blue suit, a grey suit, relaxed smiling. Ehm if you're a pastor shouldn't you focus on the lost or something or at least post some nice sermons or Bible texts? My goodness. I'm not that stupid.

Your experiences with the dating sight are something else! I'm going to call one of the boring guys I met online tonight. I hope I can find things to talk about because chatting it was so boring I wanted to go to sleep. I suppose there have been some phonies who have contacted me. I try to weed out the ones who are not serious about a relationship.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your experiences with the dating sight are something else! I'm going to call one of the boring guys I met online tonight. I hope I can find things to talk about because chatting it was so boring I wanted to go to sleep. I suppose there have been some phonies who have contacted me. I try to weed out the ones who are not serious about a relationship.
On a Dutch forum they're mostly real. I always join when the kids are with dad and I feel lonely. One immediately says: hey woww do you want to chat? I'm like: help! and remove my account again. I feel bad if I say no so I just stay away from those places.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
On a Dutch forum they're mostly real. I always join when the kids are with dad and I feel lonely. One immediately says: hey woww do you want to chat? I'm like: help! and remove my account again. I feel bad if I say no so I just stay away from those places.

I don't like to chat back and forth. I find it is really slow and the other person does their housework or something while you are trying to chat to them. I tried talking to them the regular way and it doesn't work out too good. I just blocked a guy who didn't seem serious about their intent. I hate this!!

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Help! I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday night and so I went to a dating site although I promised myself to never do that again and now a man is interested and whatsapped and wants to call like in an hour or so. Ehhmm he looks nice and is christian but help! He's not a scammer. Lives nearby. Hmmm I thought first mail for a few months or something. Why don't I first ask God before I go there? I have no picture, so that was nice, someone who actually read my profile and reacted without knowing what I look like. Hm who knows. Maybe I whined too much with my pity party yesterday and he heard it lol.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
help! I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday night and so i went to a dating site although i promised myself to never do that again and now a man is interested and whatsapped and wants to call like in an hour or so. Ehhmm he looks nice and is christian but help! He's not a scammer. Lives nearby. Hmmm i thought first mail for a few months or something. Why don't i first ask god before i go there? I have no picture, so that was nice, someone who actually read my profile and reacted without knowing what i look like. Hm who knows. Maybe i whined too much with my pity party yesterday and he heard it lol.

lol

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
-

Last edited:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
nm I hate those sites.

Last edited:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hm he wants to be friends. I said I only date outside in open areas always and that's it. That was okay.

Last edited:

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Took too long before he emailed. I broke it off. It drove me nuts. I don't ever want to date anyone again.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
The guys where I am at the dating site don't message me back, well a few do but I don't know what they expect of me. I gave one my phone number and he did not even call. I'm sick of these games.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
The guys where I am at the dating site don't message me back, well a few do but I don't know what they expect of me. I gave one my phone number and he did not even call. I'm sick of these games.
Yes I'm gonna try it once again with a very clear profile.
A lot of guys in Holland just want sex before marriage. They get touchy on a first date. They do not even know what courting is. Decent ones are very scarse my age. Guess the ones that are are happily married.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm afraid I judged too fast. He wants to be friends.

Last edited:
Top Bottom