Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I've read Ephesians. I'm not sure how that relates to the OP.

Exactly.

But I am sure how it relates. I explained it with the text from the CCC.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly.

But I am sure how it relates. I explained it with the text from the CCC.

No, you just quoted the text. Please explain how it relates.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No, you just quoted the text. Please explain how it relates.

:ponder::ponder::ponder: nope ... done that before in posts and it is ignored just like the CCC statement is ... so nope.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
:ponder::ponder::ponder: nope ... done that before in posts and it is ignored just like the CCC statement is ... so nope.

I've not ignored. So please don't group me in with others. I will examine what you have to say.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I've not ignored. So please don't group me in with others. I will examine what you have to say.

Let's see the fruit of this examination then.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
And I explained that I don't understand the connection. Could you explain it, please?

:)

Nope, not going to play that game.

:fish2:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Faith is a personal adherence of the whole man to God who reveals himself. It involves an assent of the intellect and will to the self-revelation God has made through his deeds and words. "To believe" has thus a twofold reference: to the person, and to the truth: to the truth, by trust in the person who bears witness to it.

The faithful must believe in no one but God: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Faith is a supernatural gift from God. In order to believe, man needs the interior helps of the Holy Spirit. "Believing" is a human act, conscious and free, corresponding to the dignity of the human person. "Believing" is an ecclesial act. the Church's faith precedes, engenders, supports and nourishes our faith. the Church is the mother of all believers. "No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother" (St. Cyprian, De unit. 6: PL 4, 519).

We believe all "that which is contained in the word of God, written or handed down, and which the Church proposes for belief as divinely revealed" (Paul VI, CPG # 20). Faith is necessary for salvation. the Lord himself affirms: "He who believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (⇒ Mk 16:16). "Faith is a foretaste of the knowledge that will make us blessed in the life to come" (St. Thomas Aquinas. Comp. theol. 1, 2).

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Like I've requested repeatedly now, please stop derailing my thread.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Faith is a personal adherence of the whole man to God who reveals himself. It involves an assent of the intellect and will to the self-revelation God has made through his deeds and words. "To believe" has thus a twofold reference: to the person, and to the truth: to the truth, by trust in the person who bears witness to it.

The faithful must believe in no one but God: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Faith is a supernatural gift from God. In order to believe, man needs the interior helps of the Holy Spirit. "Believing" is a human act, conscious and free, corresponding to the dignity of the human person. "Believing" is an ecclesial act. the Church's faith precedes, engenders, supports and nourishes our faith. the Church is the mother of all believers. "No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother" (St. Cyprian, De unit. 6: PL 4, 519).

We believe all "that which is contained in the word of God, written or handed down, and which the Church proposes for belief as divinely revealed" (Paul VI, CPG # 20). Faith is necessary for salvation. the Lord himself affirms: "He who believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (⇒ Mk 16:16). "Faith is a foretaste of the knowledge that will make us blessed in the life to come" (St. Thomas Aquinas. Comp. theol. 1, 2).

Like I've requested repeatedly now, please stop derailing my thread.

My post answers your thread's erroneous claims. One can't expect to have a public thread full of errors and misrepresentations go without answer. Read what I posted, clearly the Catholic Church teaches that faith in Christ is needed for salvation to all who have heard with understanding the gospel.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My post answers your thread's erroneous claims. One can't expect to have a public thread full of errors and misrepresentations go without answer. Read what I posted, clearly the Catholic Church teaches that faith in Christ is needed for salvation to all who have heard with understanding the gospel.

My thread wasn't about the church's teachings. It was about what the pope said.

Eta: the part about the Eucharist is the church's teaching.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
My thread wasn't about the church's teachings. It was about what the pope said.

Eta: the part about the Eucharist is the church's teaching.

Which pope, when, and in what context?

Claims like the original post claim are in error and ought to be corrected.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Which pope, when, and in what context?

Claims like the original post claim are in error and ought to be corrected.

If you don't know which pope, then you didn't read the article.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If you don't know which pope, then you didn't read the article.

I read the press report in English, compared it to the text of the pope's remarks, and determined that no pope ever said what the very bad English mistranslation in the press report says. Do the research and the errors in the original post become obvious.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I read the press report in English, compared it to the text of the pope's remarks, and determined that no pope ever said what the very bad English mistranslation in the press report says. Do the research and the errors in the original post become obvious.

I did the research. Even went to catholic.org.

Top Bottom