Your beloved pets

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Beautiful birds, Ruth! Do they sing a lot?

Thank you. Danny, the blue parakeet sings quite a bit. Bailey, the baby yellow one, just makes a chirping noise so far. It is too young to have developed a full range of sounds.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Have you recorded them yet?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Why should I record them?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So we can hear them?

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't have animals anymore. Too much effort.
My ex had a love bird called Birdy. When he died I cried for a week. He was my best friend. First the cat was, the cat I got as a kid. Kids want a dog. Lol I asked dad do you want a dog with a co dog owner plan otherwise he's alone when I work. Thought about buying rabbits. My dad said don't do that. I am not gonna take them. Their legs will rot away if you don't clean up the cage. Lol guess he's right. We catched a snail in a pool because they had to have a pet. It was too much effort to clean the bowl though. We threw him back in the ditch.

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't have animals anymore. Too much effort. Used to have a cat. He catched rabbits so I gave him to my parents. My ex had a love bird called Birdy. When he died I cried for a week. He was my best friend. First the cat was. Kids want a dog. Lol I asked dad do you want a dog with a co dog owner plan otherwise he's alone when I work. Thought about buying rabbits. My dad said don't do that. I am not gonna take them. Their legs will rot away if you don't clean up the cage. Lol guess he's right. We catched a snail in a pool because they had to have a pet. It was too much effort to clean the bowl though. We threw him back in the ditch.

On Rabbits (I have a post above on my rabbit and rabbits as pets.....)

Yes, I suppose if one caged/jailed a rabbit all the time in something where their poops and pee just collected there - and never cleaned - that would create health problems. But would you leave a dog or cat to live and sleep in their poop and pee?

ALL pets require respect an care... and that includes basic hygiene.

I recommend www.rabbit.org The house rabbit society website; it's very helpful on that topic.

Blessings!!!!

- Josiah

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
On Rabbits (I have a post above on my rabbit and rabbits as pets.....)

Yes, I suppose if one caged/jailed a rabbit all the time in something where their poops and pee just collected there - and never cleaned - that would create health problems. But would you leave a dog or cat to live and sleep in their poop and pee?

ALL pets require respect an care... and that includes basic hygiene.

I recommend www.rabbit.org The house rabbit society website; it's very helpful on that topic.

Blessings!!!!

- Josiah
A dog you have to let out all the time. We always had a cat. They're so easy. They clean themselves, let themselves out, annoy the neighbours by making holes in their garden. But I have an apartment now and a road in front of it, so no cat.
I used to have rabbits as a kid who were outside in a big cage, but my dad always took care of them.
That's why he says don't do it. It's fun for a week, then the kids forget about the rabbit and you can clean the cage every week.

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A dog you have to let out all the time. We always had a cat. They're so easy. They clean themselves, let themselves out, annoy the neighbours by making holes in their garden. But I have an apartment now and a road in front of it, so no cat.
I used to have rabbits as a kid who were outside in a big cage, but my dad always took care of them.
That's why he says don't do it. It's fun for a week, then the kids forget about the rabbit and you can clean the cage every week.

Yes, all pets require care and respect. And all relationships involve some work. Dogs need lots of very expensive shots and licenses, etc. Unless the cat is trained to only pee and poop OUTSIDE, there is the very same potty box for a cat as there is for a rabbit. IMO, one of the nicest things about rabbits is that they don't need to go outside, I don't have to get up and let it out. And since I live in a condo, the rabbit makes no noise and bothers no one. Oh, and unlike dogs, rabbits completely clean themselves: no baths, no smells.

I agree that rabbits are not the best for little kids (probably a big, durable, self-defending dog there)... they are a bit too fragile. I've read of rabbits literally being hugged to death.... or dropped and killed. Rabbits are probably better for adults and a bit older children who can be responsible around them.

I also agree that LOTS of people probably shouldn't have a pet at all - any pet (well, maybe a pet rock). They ALL require care.... and a lot of people just aren't willing or able to do that, or simply don't want the inconveniences involved (I could say the same thing about folks who have children, lol). I RESPECT people who realize they just aren't cut out for pets (at least at this time).

Blessings to you!

- Josiah

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, all pets require care and respect. And all relationships involve some work. Dogs need lots of very expensive shots and licenses, etc. Unless the cat is trained to only pee and poop OUTSIDE, there is the very same potty box for a cat as there is for a rabbit. IMO, one of the nicest things about rabbits is that they don't need to go outside, I don't have to get up and let it out. And since I live in a condo, the rabbit makes no noise and bothers no one. Oh, and unlike dogs, rabbits completely clean themselves: no baths, no smells.

I agree that rabbits are not the best for little kids (probably a big, durable, self-defending dog there)... they are a bit too fragile. I've read of rabbits literally being hugged to death.... or dropped and killed. Rabbits are probably better for adults and a bit older children who can be responsible around them.

I also agree that LOTS of people probably shouldn't have a pet at all - any pet (well, maybe a pet rock). They ALL require care.... and a lot of people just aren't willing or able to do that, or simply don't want the inconveniences involved (I could say the same thing about folks who have children, lol). I RESPECT people who realize they just aren't cut out for pets (at least at this time).

Blessings to you!

- Josiah

When I didn't have kids and wasn't married I had a cat. No problem to take care of one cat. Also had a lot of plants.
When I got kids, they got asthma like symptoms from the birds we had, so those went to granddad. The plants all died because I was too busy with the kids.
They always wanted a rabbit, but I just went to the kids farm every day where they could play with them. Now they're too old for it and uninterested. Glad I didn't buy them.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I didn't have kids and wasn't married I had a cat. No problem to take care of one cat. Also had a lot of plants.
When I got kids, they got asthma like symptoms from the birds we had, so those went to granddad. The plants all died because I was too busy with the kids.
They always wanted a rabbit, but I just went to the kids farm every day where they could play with them. Now they're too old for it and uninterested. Glad I didn't buy them.

I totally respect people who realize a pet is not a good idea for them.... who realize that pets MANDATE responsibilities - responsibilities that they simply will not or choose not to accept. I have my rabbit because of just such a situation. I lived in an apartment at the time (this was several years ago) and the neighbors were being VERY irresponsible (even cruel) to the little guy, and he was often outside where rabbits rarely live long (they're pretty much at the bottom of the food chain). I rescued him several times, bringing him home, only to find they probably had wished I didn't (I realize, they hadn't even named him). So, next time I found him outside - badly nourished, pretty much uncared for, I asked if I could have him. Without hesitation, they agreed. I took him to the vet, and up - several hundred dollars later (because he was quite sick and suffering from a dog bite), and getting his neutered (Rabbits make horrible pets unless spade or neutered) - well, I had this rabbit. He's never been outside since. I quickly "potty trained" him and since he's not a "crewer" or "digger" (lucked out there), he just has run of the house. He's proven to be a very beloved pet..... Oh, his time outside meant he got a "bug" that years later affected his brain and nearly killed him: several hundred dollars later, he got through it and is okay now. He's estimated to be 10 years old now, so a senior citizen, but I've appreciated him a lot. Yup, those neighbors should never have gotten that rabbit (it was a bunny Easter gift to their little girl - who lost interest in him in about 2 minutes).

Thanks for being a responsible persons.

Pax

- Josiah

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I totally respect people who realize a pet is not a good idea for them.... who realize that pets MANDATE responsibilities - responsibilities that they simply will not or choose not to accept. I have my rabbit because of just such a situation. I lived in an apartment at the time (this was several years ago) and the neighbors were being VERY irresponsible (even cruel) to the little guy, and he was often outside where rabbits rarely live long (they're pretty much at the bottom of the food chain). I rescued him several times, bringing him home, only to find they probably had wished I didn't (I realize, they hadn't even named him). So, next time I found him outside - badly nourished, pretty much uncared for, I asked if I could have him. Without hesitation, they agreed. I took him to the vet, and up - several hundred dollars later (because he was quite sick and suffering from a dog bite), and getting his neutered (Rabbits make horrible pets unless spade or neutered) - well, I had this rabbit. He's never been outside since. I quickly "potty trained" him and since he's not a "crewer" or "digger" (lucked out there), he just has run of the house. He's proven to be a very beloved pet..... Oh, his time outside meant he got a "bug" that years later affected his brain and nearly killed him: several hundred dollars later, he got through it and is okay now. He's estimated to be 10 years old now, so a senior citizen, but I've appreciated him a lot. Yup, those neighbors should never have gotten that rabbit (it was a bunny Easter gift to their little girl - who lost interest in him in about 2 minutes).

Thanks for being a responsible persons.

Pax

- Josiah
Aww poor thing, glad you took him. That's nice when he can just hop through the room. A friend of mine let her rabbit do that too, but one day when she wasn't home he ate the inside of the couch. My, a miracle he still lived.
My dad always took a cat from the animal shelter. I once took one from a roommate. It was a farm cat and her parents were farmers and they were all like: who cares what he eats? Always bought him cat food and later I got him. She only took him there to catch mice. When he finally catched one in the living room and they were all looking as to how he would kill it I took him upstairs to save the mouse. Hahahahaha they were so angry.
My favorite bird got saved from a guy who threw his shoe to his head when he whistled too loud. My ex saved him, but the poor thing sat all alone in a room because my ex was so clean and didn't want dust and feathers in his living room. It was a love bird, they need to be together. So I always kept him company when I made flags and banners.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for posting about your beloved pets. Sorry I have not answered all your posts. Not feeling too good.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We have one dog. :icon10: Shes my baby! :wub: Her name is Peanut. :)

10678754_10203991645688738_4685394996835208374_n.jpg

Here she is in her Halloween costume last year. :thumbsup:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
:sadwavey:

Last edited:

Krissy Cakes