Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No, obviously you didn't mention Trump at all. As you say, never mind the facts.
Yes never mind the facts. I did not say I didnt mention him, I said I did not bring him up first. My posts are in response to the ones that did. But as you say ignore the facts

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
So with this reasoning you would indict every lobbyist and every PAC? It is not unusual to give to those who support your opinion, where the problem comes in is if you use the publics tax money to do so.

No, but if you announce that you are paying for some political action you want done, it's a different matter. Surely you can understand that.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thought this was about Mike Bloomberg. What Trump did or didn't do is nothing to do with it.

Well, only by comparison.

According to the Democrats, IF a candidate offers MONEY if there is a effort to eliminate or damage another candidate for the same office, that is QUID PRO QUO and is a "HIGH CRIME," a felony that normally would result in imprisonment and disqualifies one from the office they seek.

Well.... Bloomberg (who is running for president) very publicly pledged to give TEN MILLION DOLLARS to the Democrats IF they impeach Trump (who would be his opponent for this office). It meets the Democrats understanding of QUID PRO QUO and is a "HIGH CRIME" and a felony and disqualifies him from that office.

But the main stream press has buried this - not reporting it. Why? IMO, because it's wonderful if a Democrat does it, it's a high crime and felony and disqualifies one from office if a Republican they hate does it. Just one more aspect of the pure hypocrisy in all this. There is obvious, undeniable, public PROOF of Bloomberg doing it but none of this applies to a Democrat who hates Trump. There is "I surmised" "I assumed" "I connected a whole bunch of invisible dots" "Trump SAID he wanted nothing but he MEANT to say the opposite." But to the Democrats, that makes Trump guilty of a HIGH CRIME because it only applies to Republicans whom they hate, Democrats are exempt. Just one more example.

Stinks. Disgusting. It's why so many Americans are SICK of "the swamp." It's what motivated a lot of people to vote for Trump in 2016, and perhaps more in 2020?

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes never mind the facts. I did not say I didnt mention him, I said I did not bring him up first. My posts are in response to the ones that did. But as you say ignore the facts

So how about ignoring Trump and looking at what Bloomberg has apparently done? What Bloomberg did is nothing to do with anything Trump or anyone else did, or didn't do. Or is this another case of "but he's just as bad"?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, only by comparison.

According to the Democrats, IF a candidate offers MONEY if there is a effort to eliminate or damage another candidate for the same office, that is QUID PRO QUO and is a "HIGH CRIME," a felony that normally would result in imprisonment and disqualifies one from the office they seek.

Well.... Bloomberg (who is running for president) very publicly pledged to give TEN MILLION DOLLARS to the Democrats IF they impeach Trump (who would be his opponent for this office). It meets the Democrats understanding of QUID PRO QUO and is a "HIGH CRIME" and a felony and disqualifies him from that office.

But the main stream press has buried this - not reporting it. Why? IMO, because it's wonderful if a Democrat does it, it's a high crime and felony and disqualifies one from office if a Republican they hate does it. Just one more aspect of the pure hypocrisy in all this. There is obvious, undeniable, public PROOF of Bloomberg doing it but none of this applies to a Democrat who hates Trump. There is "I surmised" "I assumed" "I connected a whole bunch of invisible dots" "Trump SAID he wanted nothing but he MEANT to say the opposite." But to the Democrats, that makes Trump guilty of a HIGH CRIME because it only applies to Republicans whom they hate, Democrats are exempt. Just one more example.

Stinks. Disgusting. It's why so many Americans are SICK of "the swamp." It's what motivated a lot of people to vote for Trump in 2016, and perhaps more in 2020?

It seems like a case of "the end justifies the means" but, naturally, only among the people who agree with the end. Needless to say the other side's ends are so bad there are no means that could ever be justified.

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I will leave you to your blinders where trump is concerned and know that there are those with common sense about who to charge to make those decisions thankfully.
Yeah, Josiah is the one with blinders on. [emoji28][emoji23][emoji1787]

Top Bottom