Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have moderate success with my career in 20s. And I lived those 10 years as a normal person seeing all other my friends and family siblings performing better in life. I ended up single and also got negatively viewed by family and the people around. Every time I come across friends or family who describe my life as nothing happened big and they want to see me sad and depressing so they make comments like that. They want to remind me like life is wasted for me and only option for me is taking care of them in their old age and die alone in my old age.

So all of this kind of gives me anxiety. I didn't do anything bad to them. I just had low finance issues but I worked hard and am stable in 30s.

Praying to god even doesn't help sometimes when anxiety takes over.

Have you had similar anxiety issues?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have moderate success with my career in 20s. And I lived those 10 years as a normal person seeing all other my friends and family siblings performing better in life. I ended up single and also got negatively viewed by family and the people around. Every time I come across friends or family who describe my life as nothing happened big and they want to see me sad and depressing so they make comments like that. They want to remind me like life is wasted for me and only option for me is taking care of them in their old age and die alone in my old age.

So all of this kind of gives me anxiety. I didn't do anything bad to them. I just had low finance issues but I worked hard and am stable in 30s.

Praying to god even doesn't help sometimes when anxiety takes over.

Have you had similar anxiety issues?

I don't have anxiety issues but I'd love to tell you that when you hit your 50s you don't care as much about what other people's opinions are about your life. You're just happy to be alive and be with your family and friends :) At least that's how it is for me.

In my 20s and 30s I felt like I had to live up to everyone's expectations and sometimes I felt sad that what I wanted for my life wasn't the same as what they wanted. At least, that's what I had in my head. In reality they weren't pushing me at all, it was in my head.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't have anxiety issues but I'd love to tell you that when you hit your 50s you don't care as much about what other people's opinions are about your life. You're just happy to be alive and be with your family and friends :) At least that's how it is for me.

In my 20s and 30s I felt like I had to live up to everyone's expectations and sometimes I felt sad that what I wanted for my life wasn't the same as what they wanted. At least, that's what I had in my head. In reality they weren't pushing me at all, it was in my head.

I can kinda relate to this. Even tho I'm still "young". I was always the people pleaser. But now I don't care anymore. Love me or hate me. I don't care.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, I've had some anxiety issues for the last 15 years or so. Sometimes it comes from things I am allowing myself to dwell on and then when you look at it you see that your jumping to conclusions. I found a book called "Telling Yourself the Truth" by William Backus and Marie Chapian that is really good for helping you replace negative thinking

overcast

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I tend to use the gym and morning walks as a way to go out and have some healthy routine. But so far from what I have seen, it takes some efforts to break the pattern of anxiety. It does not help in my case. I have to constantly change my routine and also have to get some holidays. I need to find out ways with which I can go out and meet new people and get this anxiety reduced.

Top Bottom