Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Evidence is probably pretty strong - even truly honest Trump supporters would have to admit.

I'm not a Trump supporter.. I didn't vote for him (that is confirmed by posts I put up here at CH during the 2016 election).

But it seems obvious and undeniable to me that the "charges" (fuzzy as they are) are silly and the evidence is entirely non-existent (nothing more than "I assumed.... I presumed..... I connected non-existent dots....."), well, we DO have this evidence: "Trump said he wanted nothing" and Trump reversed Obama's withholding of funding and granted the money.

This is NOTHING OTHER than pure political nonsense.... purely partisan.... motivated by intense personal hatred, great anger than Trump beat Hilary, and most of all, fear that no one running in their party can defeat him in 11 months. That mixed with if they leave this issue up to the public, the public will not conclude he is clearly guilty of felonies by violating laws they have yet to identify.

Disgusting. It just reveals the "swamp" so many Americans complain about.

I suspect it will backfire on them (I understand Trumps approval ratings have risen through all this).

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Evidence is probably pretty strong - even truly honest Trump supporters would have to admit. I mean, it's about the truth, regardless of politics. I mean, if I went out speeding, then could I give some excuse for it - even if the cop didn't like me?

Clinton didn't suffer politically cause it was his 2nd term - and Johnson never ran for a full term as president - maybe cause he was impeached.

One piece of "evidence" given at the last hearing I watched was a Dem saying that there was Abuse of Power because Trump tweeted mean things about the Ambassador.

You call that evidence for impeachment?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
One piece of "evidence" given at the last hearing I watched was a Dem saying that there was Abuse of Power because Trump tweeted mean things about the Ambassador.

You call that evidence for impeachment?

Trump tweeted mean things? Surely not - these days that's grounds to be tarred and feathered, and then publicly flogged isn't it?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I haven't been watching the latest...was anything new brought up? I read that some Democrats are defecting but that's still not enough to avoid the Dem's political scheme.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read a meme recently that reckoned the whole process will hit the Senate, where it will die faster than a Clinton informant.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
[Notation: I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and strongly doubt I will in 2020]

I think what happened yesterday is DISGUSTING - and worse, endangers our very country: the Constitution AND American democracy.

The political divide... the political war.... the political SWAMP..... has gotten SO bad that the Liberals determined to eliminate Trump the very night he beat Hilary. Ever since, before he was even installed, there were pledges to impeach the "m_______ f_______ " And all the Democrats seem to have done since is TRY to find SOMETHING - however made up - on which they could destroy. They ran out of time and had to go with this.... but PROVING on live TV they had nothing but impeached him anyway.

Polosi herself stated impeachment would be wrong if it was not CLEAR he violated some law (which was never shown - no law was even mentioned) AND if it was not "bi-partisan (NO Republican voted for this, only TWO Democrats voted against it - it was the poster child for the antithesis of bi-partisanship). THIS is by no means what the framers of the Constituted envisioned - as quotes on the floor proved. THIS is nothing more than circumventing an election by making a mockery of the Constitution and the Rule of Law. It sets a HORRIBLE new pattern that simply makes POWER the ONLY factor - the Constitution, the Rule of Law, Democracy and elections means nothing.

Whether anyone voted for Trump or not..... regardless of where anyone is in the political war and in the political swamp that has overtaken America ..... this is very dangerous and I think Americans should rise up in protest. IT MATTERS NOT that it was 99% of Democrats that did this.... or that Trump was the target of this..... what matters is the Constitution (and it must NOT be totally abused in pure political ways as we've seen here), the Rule of Law (IF he broke a law, name the law and prove he broke it), and above all Democracy. We are in the midst of an election...... Trump was elected in 2016 (as Clinton conceded) and WE THE PEOPLE will decide if he is to be given another term or not. Americans.... voters..... we need to take back our country. We need to denounce this circus - not only because it circumvents us and is absurd but because our very constitutional republic and democracy is being threatened by it. REGARDLESS of your party or how you feel about Trump.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I guess what evidence there was must have been really compelling, for the jurors to split so conveniently along partisan lines.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I guess what evidence there was must have been really compelling, for the jurors to split so conveniently along partisan lines.

No surprise there

Top Bottom