Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
[MENTION=1157]popsthebuilder1[/MENTION]

But I'm not reversing anything by saying those who are His will follow Him.

Well, SHOULD (just as they SHOULD be morally perfect, divinely loving, etc.)...

But what those with the divine GIFT of the Holy Spirit, the divine gift of spiritual life, the divine gift of faith in Christ as Savior SHOULD then do is NOT what gives them those gifts. Following Jesus is not what causes them to have spiritual life, the Holy Spirit, faith in Chirst, justification. It's having those gifts that leads to them following Jesus.

With all due respect, friend, perhaps you are making a true comment, just not about the topic of this thread? Perhaps what's happening is that you are speaking to a different issue, one this thread is not about, and in the process implying something it seems you don't actually believe? Happens sometimes...

Good to have you back, Pops...

- Josiah

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
But I'm not reversing anything by saying those who are His will follow Him. They aren't leading but following.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord*God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?

Hebrews 10:26
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Our following isn't what gains us eternal life. We follow because we have a Savior and by grace through faith we believe in him so that we will have eternal life. Following..doing, anything else is just a daily walk BECAUSE you believe.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our following isn't what gains us eternal life. We follow because we have a Savior and by grace through faith we believe in him so that we will have eternal life. Following..doing, anything else is just a daily walk BECAUSE you believe.
Uhm....salvation of self may not be the goal of some. Following in itself could be the goal for one that desires to reflect the Light of GOD. Upon having seen a small glimpse; upon the deaf having been healed and hearing, it would be out of gratitude and reverence and awe and adoration that one do according to the Word of GOD. And in doing such, be witness to the fruit of the Spirit. This is not due to what the lowly contrite heart ever did, but due to the faith and potential given them by GOD; through HIS grace and mercy shown to us through HIS Christ and Word.

We are in effect saying the same thing. But I still contest that if one is only serving with their lips then they are a hypocrite; and a disbeliever; and even accordingly damned.
Thank GOD we can all repent.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Uhm....salvation of self may not be the goal of some. Following in itself could be the goal for one that desires to reflect the Light of GOD. Upon having seen a small glimpse; upon the deaf having been healed and hearing, it would be out of gratitude and reverence and awe and adoration that one do according to the Word of GOD. And in doing such, be witness to the fruit of the Spirit. This is not due to what the lowly contrite heart ever did, but due to the faith and potential given them by GOD; through HIS grace and mercy shown to us through HIS Christ and Word.

We are in effect saying the same thing. But I still contest that if one is only serving with their lips then they are a hypocrite; and a disbeliever; and even accordingly damned.
Thank GOD we can all repent.

But see, what you're talking about in your last paragraph isn't what the topic is about. God is the only one who can give us eternal life and that is always because of faith in Him.

What you're talking about is living as a believer and that's another topic and it doesn't give us eternal life. Only God gives us that.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Top Bottom