Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Perhaps it's EASY for the Liberals....

Seems to ME Trump DID (twice now) suggest that foreign governments should look into a matter, a matter involving the son of one of the 19 running for the Democrat Party nomination....

Okay, No need for hearings or testimony or witnesses. Seems to me he DID do that. He doesn't seem to deny that.

Easy. Now all the libs need to do is provide the law that makes that a felony; quote the law that says that's a "high crime" (understood for the last 130 years as a felony). This should not take more than 24 hours. They'd still need to vote on whether to take action on that felony but they'd have their basis.

What they might do, however, is go back to the universal mistake Congress did in the 1860s', universally condemned as a mistake never to be repeated. A standing president was impeached not for ANY crime (much less the required "HIGH CRIME" - at least a felony - that the Constitution requires). A president was impeached for POLITICAL reasons (not even a campaign law violation). Perhaps the libs will want to repeat this mistake universally condemned - uninterested in how the Republicans can equally use this against them, we'd be going back to the 1860's where the party in power can impeach a president for no crime, just something politically unaccepted by the other party.

After the whole mistake of the 1860's, it was universally upheld that at least an obvious FELONY is needed. Nixon had done that (he resigned before he could be impeached). Clinton did that (admitted it; he knowingly lied to a grand jury - a very serious felony). If suggesting a foriegn government investigate the son of a potential opponent in an upcoming election is a felony, then BINGO - Poloski is right, we're done. No need for any hearings, testimony, investigation. Just quote the law. If it's not then, well, we're done. Voters next year can decide whether what he did was appropriate and weigh that in their vote (it's how democracy works).

Either way, I think we're done.

It should be easy to prove The Donald has committed high crimes. He was the one who kicked Queen Hillary's ambitions into the ether. If that isn't an impeachable offense I don't know what is.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
:)
f53a250553a34c9424dfb8f49239d86b.jpg

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
there appears now to be a second whistleblower with firsthand knowledge about the call in question.
The first "whistleblower" wasn't actually a whistleblower, so I doubt that this one (or as many as they create) is anything more than another party worker like the first was.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The first "whistleblower" wasn't actually a whistleblower, so I doubt that this one (or as many as they create) is anything more than another party worker like the first was.

The first was a gossiper. It MAY be this one is a whistleblower (we'll see). But that seems completely irrelevant. We already KNOW that Trump requested two countries to investigate the dealings of a son of one of 19 candidates running for the nomination of the Democrat Party. No need for testimony or gossipers or whisleblowers or hearings, we all already know he did that (he ADMITTED it). All these noises are just diversions; entirely unnecessary.

All we need is the law this violates. The Constitution requires a "HIGH CRIME" committed in office. A crime requires a broken law, a high crime suggests a felony at the least. Just quote the law. As was done with Clinton when he lied to a grand jury (a law.... a felony). If what he did is a HIGH CRIME, then all that is needed is the law he violated and proof that it's at least a felony. Everything else is just noise, just diversions, just evidence he evidently didn't commit any crime. He may have done something politically inappropriate (I think so) but in a democracy, we deal with that with the voting booth (it's dictatorships that do it otherwise).

Top Bottom