Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only Unforgivable Sin? Or is there any other ?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The site pastor recently said this about the unforgivable sin:

"One final quick point (quick because this is already long): you might be concerned in general by what actually is the unforgivable sin. It is dying without faith in Jesus. In explaining his “impossible to restore” comment, the writer of Hebrews goes on to say, “

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. (Hebrews 9:27-28)

After death it is impossible to repent and believe in Jesus. Before that, there is always hope that the Gospel will reach even the hardest heart. "

https://christianityhaven.com/showthread.php?7788-Apostate

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Matthew 12:30-32: "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, any sin and blasphemy can be forgiven. But blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only Unforgivable Sin? Or is there any other ?

“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Matt 6:14-15

Jesus told us that we must forgive others. If we do not, then God will not forgive us.
And as we see in His teaching, even if we have been forgiven, God will take that forgiveness back if we harbor unforgiveness toward another -

"Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

28 “But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.
- Matt 18:23-35

Some will try to explain this Truth away, but Jesus is very clear here. The "master" in the teaching took back the forgiveness he had given and brought judgment upon the one who had been forgiven their debt. And Jesus said the Father will do the same to us. Our forgiveness is conditional upon our repentance and obedience, despite what many claim today. The canon of Scripture is what we must adhere to.

We also have this in John's letter, which tells us there is a sin which we are not even to pray for another about, for it leads to death. But he is not specific -
"If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." - 1John 5:16-17

Bottom line is... we can not put God in a box. Our place is to walk in the Light, obey His charge to us, extend forgiveness to all, and repent when the Holy Spirit reveals sin in us that will not inherit the Kingdom.
Amen.

God's wisdom and understanding to us all.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The site pastor recently said this about the unforgivable sin:

"One final quick point (quick because this is already long): you might be concerned in general by what actually is the unforgivable sin. It is dying without faith in Jesus. In explaining his “impossible to restore” comment, the writer of Hebrews goes on to say, “

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. (Hebrews 9:27-28)

After death it is impossible to repent and believe in Jesus. Before that, there is always hope that the Gospel will reach even the hardest heart. "

That is not Bible. There is actually no command in the Bible to 'accept Christ' or be eternally lost. Even John 3:16 in context doesn't say or imply that. I'm sorry, but it's just not there, not in the English or the Greek.

And as we see from the Parable of the Sheep & Goats, there are multitudes of people brought into the Kingdom as the inheritance of the saints, who had never known about or believed in Christ during their life on earth. These are brought in, as Jesus said, because of their good works. When they treated others kindly and extended mercy, without knowing Jesus, they were in fact living a righteous life. And Jesus tells them -
"the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’" - Matt 25:40

The passage in Hebrews 9:27-28 is speaking to those who have already been "saved", not to the world. The entire book of Hebrews is a warning to "Christians" not to neglect their "salvation" because the fullness of it is yet to come. They've only just begun their Walk. The end - "eternal salvation" - comes only to "saved" people who "obey Christ."
The writer of Hebrews goes on to tell us that Jesus, Himself, had to prove obedience to God to receive His inheritance and "become" something that He had not been before.

"though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him." - Heb 5:8-9

I'm sure the "Christian" attacks on me will begin, but what I've stated here IS Bible.

Yes there is much false doctrine out there. But in the end, only the written Word of God will stand.
May our faith be founded upon the Word, both written and Living.
Amen.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That is not Bible. There is actually no command in the Bible to 'accept Christ' or be eternally lost. Even John 3:16 in context doesn't say or imply that. I'm sorry, but it's just not there, not in the English or the Greek.

[snip]
Yes there is much false doctrine out there. But in the end, only the written Word of God will stand.
May our faith be founded upon the Word, both written and Living.
Amen.

My quote is from the site Pastor who has studied the original languages and went to Seminary. I trust what he says over anyone who doesn't point people to Jesus but instead to themselves.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
My quote is from the site Pastor who has studied the original languages and went to Seminary. I trust what he says over anyone who doesn't point people to Jesus but instead to themselves.

My quotes are from Jesus! :D

Gotta take the Word of The Man over any mere mortal man.

And unless the Lord gives understanding, one is still thinking with their carnal mind.

You won't find a single verse in the canon of Scripture to support the "unpardonable sin" being 'not accepting Jesus.'

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My quotes are from Jesus! :D

Gotta take the Word of The Man over any mere mortal man.

And unless the Lord gives understanding, one is still thinking with their carnal mind.

You won't find a single verse in the canon of Scripture to support the "unpardonable sin" being 'not accepting Jesus.'

Jesus didn't only give the law, He gave the good news to the people so they would have eternal life. Learning the distinctions between law and gospel helps calm the fears of man...and especially in regards to the topic about the unforgivable sin. The site pastor here has many years of study and knowing the original languages and properly distinguishes between Law and Gospel.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't only give the law, He gave the good news to the people so they would have eternal life. Learning the distinctions between law and gospel helps calm the fears of man...and especially in regards to the topic about the unforgivable sin. The site pastor here has many years of study and knowing the original languages and properly distinguishes between Law and Gospel.

I know the difference between the Law and the Gospel very well, with 20+ years of study and teaching myself! :)

To discount the teaching of Jesus in Matt 18 is to tread on very thin ice. Many traditions have crept into the churches which are loosely based on some verses, but will not stand the test of the whole of Scripture. And as I've stated before, if we can dismiss or ignore a single verse in the Bible, including Jesus' Word here in Matt 18:23-35 and His parable in Matt 25:31-46, then we cannot trust John 3:16 either.

“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Matt 6:14-15

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To discount the teaching of Jesus in Matt 18 is to tread on very thin ice. Many traditions have crept into the churches which are loosely based on some verses, but will not stand the test of the whole of Scripture. And as I've stated before, if we can dismiss or ignore a single verse in the Bible, including

I am not discounting the teaching of Jesus. That's an inaccurate accusation.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am not discounting the teaching of Jesus. That's an inaccurate accusation.

Oh friend, let's not quibble over this. I didn't say you discounted what our Lord said. :)
It is the false doctrine that is out today that teaches contrary to the Scripture that I stand against. Jesus' teaching is clear in the passages I mentioned. The explanation of the "unpardonable sin" presented in this thread is foreign to the canon of Scripture.
The original poster (Jason) asked a question. I responded using only clear Bible.
We are all on this Journey together. Let us "encourage one another daily" with God's Word and the Truth.
Peace & Blessings.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry that i made a topic which ended up differently. I respect everyone's view

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry that i made a topic which ended up differently. I respect everyone's view

Don't be sorry.

The answer to almost every Christian question will be "Jesus".

The problem comes in when man looks to himself instead of Jesus for the answer. If you're concerned you've committed the unforgivable sin then you haven't because you wouldn't have cared otherwise.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Truth is that no one knows what it is as the bible never spells it out btu my opinion is that Hebrews 6 gives a clue to it.

Top Bottom