Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I've been watching a channel that I found recently called Light TV. It has family-friendly programming and what I really appreciate is that if you watch a lot of the old tv shows and movies you find that people weren't afraid to talk about Jesus like they are today.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
do you have to have satellite or cable to see that? I don't have either

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I get Light TV, it's OTA (over the air) but it's only digital.

Light TV is an American digital broadcast television network owned by MGM Television that launched on December 22, 2016. The network features family-friendly and faith-based entertainment programming.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I get Light TV, it's OTA (over the air) but it's only digital.

Light TV is an American digital broadcast television network owned by MGM Television that launched on December 22, 2016. The network features family-friendly and faith-based entertainment programming.

Have you watched it?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Have you watched it?

I have, I've caught a couple of older movies. Seems that they have a lot of kids programming in the morning. I don't really "watch" a lot of TV, but it's in my view more than 12 hours a day. I'm a little of a business and news junkie while I work, and I love movies when I'm not working. But I don't directly pay for cable tv or satellite, Light TV is also available by streaming on the internet.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There are now SO many of these "oldies but goodies" channels.... We don't have "light TV" but we do have "Me TV" which also is an oldies channel.

It's a cheap way to get programming..... AND I think there is so much HORRIBLE stuff on the 'tube these days, that even the low-budget, really OLD ( and pretty meaningless) fluff of a generation or two ago seems like a great alternative.

Confession: My wife loves the Hallmark Channel stuff (there are 3 or 4 Hallmark channels now). Very fluffy stuff! But I have to admit, the QUALITY of the productions is better than most new programming, even the acting is often better. Hard to believe this is all VERY low budget stuff (I think Hallmark is owned by Universal). AND the values are mostly okay. No extra-marital sex, no teen sex, no violence, no bad language. Yeah, they produce like 100 movies that are IDENTICAL (only the names have been changed) but it DOES shine a bit in a dark sky.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I think there is a Hallmark strictly for Christmas too. :disgonbegood: That's usually what I see playing around the house at Christmas. I may sit there and watch some of those movies, but they are mostly the same. Guy and girl meet, they get to know each other, then there's a problem, and it miraculously works out, and they end up together. :)

Top Bottom