Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Being covered in therapy all this while, been pondering the reason why others like to talk. You have been given a voice, use it respectfully. Chatting has turned enjoyable for me lately. Why? Because I’ve twisted it into perfect silence myself and disruptions into my perfectly planned out routine and order. I’ve been outside my comfort zone this afternoon while taking a stroll in the woods by my home. I’ve said hi back to a fellow passers by. In all, why do others like to talk at all? Because they aren’t mind readers. Sometimes I’d say : “no, I don’t wanna chat” and that’s it, that’s all. It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate. If you stay quiet all the time, no one will understand you. Been practicing basic scriptural communication home all this while.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I found that most people like to talk about themselves

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I am a family support worker and teach attachment through attunement. We are born with an innate and desperate need to be known, to belong and to be loved - and to know, create belonging for another and to love. We are born totally dependent on our caregivers for everything for a longer time than all other beings. This primary dyadic relationship is dependent on communication. It's how babies express their needs so that caregivers can learn babies' cues and attune to them, meet their needs and thereby create an attachment relationship. This back and forth communication is how we are known and know, how we decide with whom we belong, and how we are able to express and receive love.

Personally, I talk as a way of processing feelings, making decisions, making my needs known, and inquiring about meeting the needs of others, in addition to showing empathy and fellowship. I have a high need for communication and belonging. Other people have less need for people and communication.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Chatting has turned enjoyable for me lately. Why? Because I’ve twisted it into perfect silence..." How do you twist chatting into perfect silence?

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
I am a family support worker and teach attachment through attunement. We are born with an innate and desperate need to be known, to belong and to be loved - and to know, create belonging for another and to love. We are born totally dependent on our caregivers for everything for a longer time than all other beings. This primary dyadic relationship is dependent on communication. It's how babies express their needs so that caregivers can learn babies' cues and attune to them, meet their needs and thereby create an attachment relationship. This back and forth communication is how we are known and know, how we decide with whom we belong, and how we are able to express and receive love.

Personally, I talk as a way of processing feelings, making decisions, making my needs known, and inquiring about meeting the needs of others, in addition to showing empathy and fellowship. I have a high need for communication and belonging. Other people have less need for people and communication.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Chatting has turned enjoyable for me lately. Why? Because I’ve twisted it into perfect silence..." How do you twist chatting into perfect silence?
I’ve twisted enjoyment into perfect silence. Yep

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I enjoy hearing about experiences other people have. My sister-in-law is great at story telling and I'll interject at times and ask questions related to what she is saying.

We talk at times to convey our feelings.

We talk to give information about things that need to be done.

We talk to give hope to people who need lifting up.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I only find people offensive. Well, also rodents and snakes.

Top Bottom