JOHN 6:47 HATH EVERLASTING LIFE

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

6:48 I am that bread of life.

6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Jesus has promised that if we believe on him we have eternal life. We have it. We do not hope we have it, we know we have it. We do not work to have it, we are told we have it. We do not fear we can lose it, we are told we have it. We are promised this life (Titus 1:2 1 John 2:25). If we do not believe, we make God a liar (1 John 5:10).

Jesus is the bread of life that gives eternal life. Under Moses those that ate the bread from heaven died (Exodus 16:15), but Jesus is our living bread unto life eternal. Likewise, the old testament given under Moses killed, but Jesus is the better testament, which gives life (2 Corinthians 3:6-7 Hebrews 7:22). Jesus is the better testament for Israel, but we also reap the Spiritual benefits of his shed blood (Romans 15:27 Romans 5:9).

Top Bottom