Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I guess it depends on if they refunded my money for the food or not. I would say a 4 or 5 at first and if the situation did not resolve itself then it would escalate

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Well, for hygiene reasons, I'd be more scared than mad. My health is already pretty poor. In the past, I'd probably make a scene or give them a bad review on their social media pages, but nowadays I think I'd just let it go and enjoy my meal.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with one being not so mad and 10 being the maddest you've ever been in your life) how mad would you be if you found out your food delivery driver ate some of your food?

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/28-percent-delivery-driver-admit-customers-food-study-claims
28 percent of delivery drivers admit to eating customer's food, study claims

I dont get delevery but if I did and I found out I would demand a refund or else bad review on its way, that is just not right

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wouldn't mind sharing a couple of fries but a bite taken out of my food is theft. For the fries I give a 1 on the scale. For the bite out of food it's about a 9.

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Ten!
Go to YouTube and you'll find security camera images, like the Ring doorbell videos, of food delivery service drivers doing the worst things before they ring the customers doorbell. How do they not know in today's market they could be on camera?
One news crew in our area featured a guy delivering for Jersey Mike's Subs sticking his tongue through the straw slot of a soda. Luckily the child member of the family was watching the Ring monitor and saw this.
The family called Jersey Mike's to complain. After all, if he'd do that to a straw hole on a soda lid, what would he have done to the rest of their food?
What happened? They were refunded the delivery fee. :sick: No word as to whether the family actually ate the food. I'd bet not though.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Taking a couple of fries - no big deal.

If there was a bite out of the food I'd expect a full refund. A lack of full refund would result in a formal complaint to the credit card company.

Not that it's likely to happen - where I live is remote enough that nobody delivers here.

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Taking a couple of fries - no big deal.

If there was a bite out of the food I'd expect a full refund. A lack of full refund would result in a formal complaint to the credit card company.

Not that it's likely to happen - where I live is remote enough that nobody delivers here.
How would one discern a few fries were taken?
I'd report the delivery company to the credit card company regardless, in the event there was a bite taken out of my food.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How would one discern a few fries were taken?
I'd report the delivery company to the credit card company regardless, in the event there was a bite taken out of my food.

Fries - exactly, you wouldn't know so no big deal.

If the company provided a full refund I don't know the credit card company would care. If there was a problem with the purchase and the merchant refunded the purchase in full, what would you expect them to do?

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Fries - exactly, you wouldn't know so no big deal.

If the company provided a full refund I don't know the credit card company would care. If there was a problem with the purchase and the merchant refunded the purchase in full, what would you expect them to do?
I think it is a matter of merchant customer service. Hypothetically, lets say foodie @ your door, not a real company, has had 20 complaints of delivery persons defiling customer food.
While a full refund would naturally ensue, I'd hope, the CC company may not know why that was necessary. If enough people inform their CC why they wanted that refund, the CC company can put the merchant on notice because the CC company loses money too with every refund.
A CC can refuse to do business with a merchant. That in itself can inspire a merchant to vet their delivery personnel more carefully. Some companies take it on the chin with refunds being issued and allow an offending driver to remain employed, for whatever reason. However, if it comes down to a CC providing what is essentially an ultimatum in refusing to do business, the merchant then has incentive to be more diligent in matters of customer service.

Check out YouTube, if you haven't already. It made us think twice about using food delivery companies.
And as a teenager I use to deliver Domino's pizza. Even to those neighborhoods my workmates refused to go to.
Never in my life would I abuse someones food. Though it was a different time back then. Now, it appears as if it's not just Sodom & Gomorrah the sequel, in all manner of those twin cities sins, but also as if the Demons that use to hide in the shadows are now emboldened to act in the light.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think it is a matter of merchant customer service. Hypothetically, lets say foodie @ your door, not a real company, has had 20 complaints of delivery persons defiling customer food.
While a full refund would naturally ensue, I'd hope, the CC company may not know why that was necessary. If enough people inform their CC why they wanted that refund, the CC company can put the merchant on notice because the CC company loses money too with every refund.
A CC can refuse to do business with a merchant. That in itself can inspire a merchant to vet their delivery personnel more carefully. Some companies take it on the chin with refunds being issued and allow an offending driver to remain employed, for whatever reason. However, if it comes down to a CC providing what is essentially an ultimatum in refusing to do business, the merchant then has incentive to be more diligent in matters of customer service.

By all means howl at the credit company if you think it will help. Personally if I was working customer services at the credit card company and someone who already received a full refund complained my first question would be just what they expected me to do. Once the problem is solved that's it, the credit card company isn't going to take an interest in a few people who were unhappy and got a refund.

If the problem is sufficiently widespread that the credit card company takes action against a food merchant the chances are it's bad enough the food merchant will have been shut down by some other, more relevant, agency - perhaps that might be the health department or simply word spreading that their drivers eat your food.

Check out YouTube, if you haven't already. It made us think twice about using food delivery companies.
And as a teenager I use to deliver Domino's pizza. Even to those neighborhoods my workmates refused to go to.
Never in my life would I abuse someones food. Though it was a different time back then. Now, it appears as if it's not just Sodom & Gomorrah the sequel, in all manner of those twin cities sins, but also as if the Demons that use to hide in the shadows are now emboldened to act in the light.

I'm not sure how checking out Youtube is relevant. Any time someone has access to your food they may abuse the situation - whether it's a delivery or a restaurant or even if you're eating at a friend's house. I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make about demons coming out from the shadows - how does a delivery driver stealing a few fries have anything to do with Sodom and Gomorrah?

Where I live now there is no delivery service so it's not an issue. Where I used to live you could get just about anything delivered to your door. The only problem I had was with one particular place who let me down twice, and the extent of the problem was that they took so long to deliver the food it was stone cold when it arrived, so I refused to pay for it.

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
By all means howl at the credit company if you think it will help. Personally if I was working customer services at the credit card company and someone who already received a full refund complained my first question would be just what they expected me to do. Once the problem is solved that's it, the credit card company isn't going to take an interest in a few people who were unhappy and got a refund.

If the problem is sufficiently widespread that the credit card company takes action against a food merchant the chances are it's bad enough the food merchant will have been shut down by some other, more relevant, agency - perhaps that might be the health department or simply word spreading that their drivers eat your food.
Who said anything about howling?

I'm not sure how checking out Youtube is relevant. Any time someone has access to your food they may abuse the situation - whether it's a delivery or a restaurant or even if you're eating at a friend's house. I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make about demons coming out from the shadows - how does a delivery driver stealing a few fries have anything to do with Sodom and Gomorrah?
OK

Where I live now there is no delivery service so it's not an issue. Where I used to live you could get just about anything delivered to your door. The only problem I had was with one particular place who let me down twice, and the extent of the problem was that they took so long to deliver the food it was stone cold when it arrived, so I refused to pay for it.
As would anyone.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Who said anything about howling?

I guess you're not going to explain why you think the credit card company would care about an unsatisfactory transaction that the merchant already refunded in full.

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
I guess you're not going to explain why you think the credit card company would care about an unsatisfactory transaction that the merchant already refunded in full.
I have done.

Top Bottom