have you ever snuck food into a movie theatre before?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
i have done it when i was younger. sub sandwiches, drinks and even sushi. because where i live theatre charges too much for simple bucket of popcorn down to the candy and hot dogs. on top of that, i pay $20.00 to see movie.

Frequently, although I couldn't honestly tell you the last time I went to a movie theater.

In my younger days there was no expectation that you'd buy snacks exclusively from the overpriced kiosk. Then things developed such that taking your own snacks was frowned upon but not explicitly forbidden. Then they started with the notion that despite paying through the nose to see the movie, if you wanted to eat anything during the movie you had to pay through the nose again for their criminally overpriced garbage. That seemed to coincide with the removal of any specific requirements regarding behavior, so not only did you get to pay top dollar for a movie you also got to listen to some teenage oik showing his buddies every single ringtone his new cellphone offered.

My local movie theater started offering premium seats for a slightly higher price, but when a good number of them were only marginally more spacious and often tucked well out of the way so you didn't get the best view of the screen I decided to stop playing their games. If I'm going to pay a premium price for a seat I expect a clear view, not to be shunted off to one side and put right at the very back. They need me more than I need them, and I concluded I don't need them any more.

Top Bottom