Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you own a Polaroid camera? I see that there are now modern versions of this old time fun camera and not just made by Polaroid! Do people still print out photos?

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wonder what the quality of the new ones are.

I don't print out photos per se. I do make Shutterfly books, so in a way I do.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I bet quality is better than my old blurry one LOL I can't believe how bad those cameras used to be.

I stopped printing out photos maybe 10 years ago when I found no more room to keep photo albums. I have a hope chest that my husband's family gave to me and it's FILLED with photos! I don't even look at them often.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I bet quality is better than my old blurry one LOL I can't believe how bad those cameras used to be.

I stopped printing out photos maybe 10 years ago when I found no more room to keep photo albums. I have a hope chest that my husband's family gave to me and it's FILLED with photos! I don't even look at them often.

I remember my dad having a Polaroid camera, it was the one that accordion'd out and the picture would come out and we had to wait 60 seconds for it to develop and then the top paper could be peeled off and the picture could be seen. Before we could touch it, he had to wave it around to dry it. I Googled it and it was called a Land Camera but there are a few models, it was similar to the Automatic 340, the M80 or Insta 100. I took a couple of photography classes in college, and I used to take lots of photos but about 30 years ago I lost my camera equipment at the Las Vegas airport, I was late for my plane and left it on the conveyor belt. Since then, I didn't take pictures until I got my flip-phone. It was difficult taking selfies with it, since there was no rear camera. But now, with my phone I do take pictures, but it's always of friends or family and just to remember the time and day. I never really look at the pictures much. I upload some, and show them on Prime Photo if the picture/event is worthy.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I remember my dad having a Polaroid camera, it was the one that accordion'd out and the picture would come out and we had to wait 60 seconds for it to develop and then the top paper could be peeled off and the picture could be seen. Before we could touch it, he had to wave it around to dry it. I Googled it and it was called a Land Camera but there are a few models, it was similar to the Automatic 340, the M80 or Insta 100. I took a couple of photography classes in college, and I used to take lots of photos but about 30 years ago I lost my camera equipment at the Las Vegas airport, I was late for my plane and left it on the conveyor belt. Since then, I didn't take pictures until I got my flip-phone. It was difficult taking selfies with it, since there was no rear camera. But now, with my phone I do take pictures, but it's always of friends or family and just to remember the time and day. I never really look at the pictures much. I upload some, and show them on Prime Photo if the picture/event is worthy.

My grandmother had one of those types too and I remember her waving the photo around frantically. Did waving it actually accomplish anything?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
My grandmother had one of those types too and I remember her waving the photo around frantically. Did waving it actually accomplish anything?

lol. yup! If you touched it, the finger print would be embedded on the the wet film forever! I ruined one but I learned my lesson. Or my dad did, he would never hand me the picture until it was dry.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
lol. yup! If you touched it, the finger print would be embedded on the the wet film forever! I ruined one but I learned my lesson. Or my dad did, he would never hand me the picture until it was dry.

But can't you just put it down for a while instead of waving it? LOL

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Top Bottom