Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
OneNewsNow: Study Shows Most Churchgoers Don't Read Bible Daily

youngmanbible_350x219.jpg

A new study reveals just how often Christians read the Bible.

Bible engagement was a topic in a survey of 2,500 Protestant churchgoers conducted by Lifeway Research.

Lifeway Research Executive Director Scott McConnell revealed that about one-third of churchgoing respondents gave the ideal response on several different dimensions of studying God's Word.

"We've got about a third that are reading the Bible every day,” McConnell divulged. “There's about a third that are thinking about biblical truths throughout the day – and they can strongly agree that that's happening. And there's about a third that their desire is to read the Word of God, and we see that that when they miss spending time for several days reading the Bible, that they really miss it, and they really want to get back to spending that time with God."

McConnell told OneNewsNow it is encouraging that there's a significant number of people in the Church who are really living out Bible engagement.

"But that does mean that two-thirds could definitely be improving,” the research guru explained. “And it’s possible that, obviously, some of those are not the same people. So, on any of these dimensions, two-thirds could be improving."

McConnell added that for those who might need to begin the habit of daily Bible reading, they can find encouragement from this study – that those who are involved in this discipline actually enjoy it.
-Read more: https://lifewayresearch.com/2019/07/02/few-protestant-churchgoers-read-the-bible-daily/

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Why did they poll only Protestants? And who are these Protestants polled (which denominations)?

I went to the poll to try to find answers. What I saw was that 32% read their bible daily. 27% read it a few times a week. 12% once a week. That's 71% reading their bible weekly. That's not an awful number really.

I don't actually OPEN a bible daily. I'm here on CH daily and I google different verses to read daily. Does that count as reading my bible? I tend to think so.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It's actually a higher number of people reading their Bible than I expected.

Top Bottom